GDT: Dem Bums @ Flyers 10/8/13 7PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
George Richards @GeorgeRichards
#FlaPanthers have Huberdeau w/ Goc and Versteeg. Barkov centers Fleischmann and Boyes #Flyers
Breaking up the chemistry brewing between hubby n barkie cause boyes can't get anything going is a step backwards.

I'd rather have shore and Boyes switch places in the lineup, or switch boyes and Versteeg.

I understand that Dineen is trying to get b and h to build chemistry with the other guys, but veterans shouldn't be needing the youth to pull them out of a rut.

Still not happy with dineens decision.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
I personally agree with the decision to break up Barkov and Huberdeau. Despite Boyes being a veteran, he isn't really the type of vet you'd likely learn anything from. I think having Flash on a line with Barkov is a solid idea, and Huberdeau with Goc is solid too.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I personally agree with the decision to break up Barkov and Huberdeau. Despite Boyes being a veteran, he isn't really the type of vet you'd likely learn anything from. I think having Flash on a line with Barkov is a solid idea, and Huberdeau with Goc is solid too.
Also would say that Barkov and Huberdeau have been very lackluster together 5on5, at least in my opinion.

Dineen is known to shuffle his lines, so this shouldn't be that big of a surprise really.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I miss Bergenheim. :(

Also, I kinda expect a Booth-type trade here in the coming weeks, with new owners and not doing much in FA. Not sure who we have that's akin to Booth, but that trade lit a fire under the team.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
The Huby-Barkov partnership can't be forced, it either works or it doesn't. There was never going to be some magical instant chemistry. I realize it's only been 2 games, but I haven't really seen any good chemistry between anyone in the top 6 yet.

I have no problem with Dineen making these changes.

On another note, doesn't it seem like Kopecky and to a lesser extent, Matthias, are being severely under-utilized so far? These guys were two of our best forwards last year and are stuck on the 3rd and 4th lines...I don't get it. I'd have no problem with Versteeg and Boyes moving down the lineup at this point for a guy like Kopecky or Shore.

King Panther

ElGrandeDbagSupreme
Feb 28, 2010
Fullerton, CA
i have no problems with breaking up hubs and barky a la gretzky and robitaille. and for some reason i think flash will have good chemistry with barky.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I don´t really understand why KD would break Huby and Barkov unless it´s to give a spark for the first line. They had good chemistry and were on the same page IMO... and that was only two games into the season, can´t really expect much chemistry if they are only given two games together.

I´m ok with the changes though, Dineen is probably still trying to find the right lines and this is the time to do it, still early in the season.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
official the cryers fired their coach. usually teams play very well immediately following coach firings. let's hope the cryers are an exception. like i said earlier, barch needs to be in the line up. we will need toughness in the line up tomorrow.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
official the cryers fired their coach. usually teams play very well immediately following coach firings. let's hope the cryers are an exception. like i said earlier, barch needs to be in the line up. we will need toughness in the line up tomorrow.

barch being in the lineup = game loss
shore being in lineup = game won

I'd rather have a hockey player than an enforcer

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I miss Bergenheim. :(

Also, I kinda expect a Booth-type trade here in the coming weeks, with new owners and not doing much in FA. Not sure who we have that's akin to Booth, but that trade lit a fire under the team.

You said it buddy!

Might I say Dineed has just as bad if not worse way of recognizing(or not) and dealing with chemistry.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
The Huby-Barkov partnership can't be forced, it either works or it doesn't. There was never going to be some magical instant chemistry. I realize it's only been 2 games, but I haven't really seen any good chemistry between anyone in the top 6 yet.

I have no problem with Dineen making these changes.

On another note, doesn't it seem like Kopecky and to a lesser extent, Matthias, are being severely under-utilized so far? These guys were two of our best forwards last year and are stuck on the 3rd and 4th lines...I don't get it. I'd have no problem with Versteeg and Boyes moving down the lineup at this point for a guy like Kopecky or Shore.

Actually they really are being utilized about as much as they should be IMO, looking at icetime. Kopecky is averaging over 16 minutes and Matty over 14 minutes. Boyes and Steeg will be useless in the bottom six.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
It would be nice to see consistent lines every week.

Seems like we shuffle them every game

Panthers607

All vCash on the Cats tonight, who's with me?!

Regarding starting goalie, I reckon Kevin goes Timmy tonight, Marky Thursday against TB and Timmy for the home opener Friday.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
All vCash on the Cats tonight, who's with me?!

Regarding starting goalie, I reckon Kevin goes Timmy tonight, Marky Thursday against TB and Timmy for the home opener Friday.

I lost all my Vcash because Brodeur can't hold a lead :rant: but I wouldn't bet my Vcash on Florida. The Flyers have one of the best top 2 scoring lines in the league, and one of, if not the best teams for offense from the back end. Now, said back end is mediocre defensively, and their goaltending is really bad, but I mean they have to break out of their offensive funk eventually, and will be fired up for their new coach. I think betting on Florida over Tampa is much safer.

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
I'm expecting a real entertaining game tonight. Flyers are mad and so are we.

Go Panthers!

Exactly. A lot of people thinking Flyers have the edge because they're angry... we just got blown out 0-7. I'm expecting a good game from the Panthers.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
How many fights tonight? Apparently Philly´s new coach is an ex-goonie so if things go south, expect them to get dirty. Hopefully no injuries to anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad