Confirmed with Link: Dell to have telephone hearing with DOPS (3 games)

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
The punishment will be enforced against the organization instead of the player: we will be mandated to play him.

DOPS ruling: “In light of the fact that Dell isn’t good and the Sabres don’t really have other options, we’ve determined the appropriate punishment to be letting him play. He will be strapped to the goal posts with a child-leash before the start of every period.”

Reactions: Husko and KiwiGriff

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua

Just for people to continue to watch.

I still don't see why Dell should throw himself out of the way of an opposing player or let himself be smashed over. Stand your ground, if a skater is dumb enough to try and skate through the goalie.

Although to play devil's advocate, Batherson is probably thinking Dell will skate round in front of his goal, which is what all other goalies would have done.

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
DOPS ruling: “In light of the fact that Dell isn’t good and the Sabres don’t really have other options, we’ve determined the appropriate punishment to be letting him play. He will be strapped to the goal posts with a child-leash before the start of every period.”
Haha, that would be the bigger punishment. We have to start Dell each game.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018

Just for people to continue to watch.

I still don't see why Dell should throw himself out of the way of an opposing player or let himself be smashed over. Stand your ground, if a skater is dumb enough to try and skate through the goalie.

Although to play devil's advocate, Batherson is probably thinking Dell will skate round in front of his goal, which is what all other goalies would have done.

He 100% lowered his shoulder and leaned into it though. If he’d just stood stock still no one would care because Batherson would have turned past him just fine, but Dell does the cheap unexpected thing in throwing his shoulder out 6 inches and that’s enough contact to send Batherson flying. Batherson has every right to pursue to D-man, Dell has a right to stand still if he wants, he just can’t lean like he did.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Now that that’s decided can we all agree the Sens announcer is really annoying? Is he their normal guy?

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I don't understand why Dell didn't use the insanity defense. All he had to do is say everything happened all at once and he just snapped. The insanity defense always works.

Reactions: KiwiGriff

Bearbait

Mar 4, 2011
Not enough games. He only got 3? Should have been for the rest of the season at least. Next season and the season after that too for all I care, that was a dirty hit.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Gotta say, Dahlin getting elbowed in the head, Cozens getting hit in the face, Sobotka getting kneed... and nothing. Yet Dell gets 3? Ha. :facepalm:
This is why I don't care what other teams think of the Sabres or their fans. Every team plays dirty against us if we start Keleta'ing people I will support it until teams play fair with us.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
This is why I don't care what other teams think of the Sabres or their fans. Every team plays dirty against us if we start Keleta'ing people I will support it until teams play fair with us.

I don't view it as a team or fan thing, it's a DOPeS thing.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I don't view it as a team or fan thing, it's a DOPeS thing.
I was merely relating to the mentioned cheap shots taken on our players and why I don't feel bad for Dell's hit on Batherson.

His suspension is what it is, should have been an interference. There is no suspension if Batherson gets up and skates away.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Now that that’s decided can we all agree the Sens announcer is really annoying? Is he their normal guy?

That’s former Leaf Mike Johnson. He’s the colour guy for TSN. He’s not very good, but still better than Ray. Gord Miller, who was doing the PBP, is miles better and way better to listen to (is usually calling the WJC games).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad