News Article: Delete

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
This isn’t accurate. He was saying that would happen if there was no cap

That's not at all what he said.

You are the most intellectually dishonest debater on this site, which is a thoroughly stunning statement to make considering some of the debate that has happened here that you missed during your multi-month ban.

If you ever want anyone to take your opinion seriously, you should really consider thinking about what you write before hitting the "post reply" button. Or maybe consider just not hitting the "post reply" button at all, that works too.

Reactions: Karl Prime

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
That's not at all what he said.

You are the most intellectually dishonest debater on this site, which is a thoroughly stunning statement to make considering some of the debate that has happened here that you missed during your multi-month ban.

If you ever want anyone to take your opinion seriously, you should really consider thinking about what you write before hitting the "post reply" button. Or maybe consider just not hitting the "post reply" button at all, that works too.
I need someone to call me a beer-leaguer for the 10th time though, real embarrassing for me I know

Last edited:

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
The irony of Melnyk portraying the media as being dishonest, but there being a ban on the audio recording of these town hall meetings is stunning.

If Melnyk felt the media was irresponsible, wouldn't he want the meetings out there so that fans could have the unfiltered discussion and not have to rely on 90 character Tweets in order to try and understand the context of what has been said?

Not to mention, this isn't 1982. If smart phones are allowed for twitter, there is no doubt these town halls were going to be audio recorded. Why not just release the audio officially as a goodwill gesture to the fans invested in the team who weren't able to attend?

....Or do we only have 300 paying fans at this point?

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
It's so interesting seeing how differing perspective on the same circumstances manifest themselves. I'm more confident than before that EK is signed, while it seems that some are even less confident.

Personally, I don't think that there is a chance in hell that we make an unreasonable offer for EK.

Reactions: pzeeman

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
It's so interesting seeing how differing perspective on the same circumstances manifest themselves. I'm more confident than before that EK is signed, while it seems that some are even less confident.

Personally, I don't think that there is a chance in hell that we make an unreasonable offer for EK.
I am more confident that there will be a real honest effort to sign him than I was before. I am no where close to 100%. The trust level with the org is not high. We shall see. If the Sens offer him 10 million over 8 years ... I think they sign him. I think "the Plan" will be important to Karlsson as well but I think he'd rather sign here if he believes in the direction.

Last edited:

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I am more confident that there will be a real honest effort to sign him than I was before. I am no where close to 100%. The trust level with the org is not high. We shall see. If the Sens offer him 10 million over 8 years ... I think they sign him. I think "the Plan" will be important to Karlsson as well but I think he'd rather sign here if he believes in the direction.

That's why the Duchene interview was so important to me in my opinion making. He sounded so excited, said he heard the plan and that he and management was on the same page. To me that's huge. If Duchene is buying in fully, I feel confident that EK will too. I mean Duchene is the guy who came here to get into the playoffs and only has single digit games on his resume, if he's stoked on the plan? That's good enough to carry me :)

Add that PD is already talking to Stone's agent, and I see lots to be positive about

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
I agree with this, and I want him signed. After listening to EK at his locker clean out, and listening to Duchene, I think a deal will get done.
We can only hope. That would bring such ease to way too much turmoil we have experienced in this past season.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
I remember that as well & made me think that was more of a shot at the coach. Maybe this perceived strain is not between EK & EM but EK & GB. Personally, I could care less about the relationships between players & management or ownership, I just want them to be a better team & hopefully someday win a SC in my lifetime.

I still don't understand what people hope to get out of these town hall meetings, it's not like fans are all of a sudden going to be involved in all of the hockey operation decisions. Hopefully, it pushes EM to spend a little more on hockey operations & staff but who knows if that will produce a better product on the ice. Are people upset because the team sucks or because EM is an A-Hole? What do we expect the end result to be with all of this?
On a community outreach/customer relations perspective, I feel it was a good decision to hold them. Will words transcend as action, we have yet to know. However, personally speaking, I will chose to believe that, deep down, they are well intended after the message the fans/STH sent. I hope I’m more right than wrong in believing that.

We’ll find out soon enough if they (management/ownership) come through for the fans.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
i guess

he seems to speak his mind like others dont. i dont think there are any other people people that have the same thoughts towards other members so i dont know

I would imagine that if they go out of their way to create multiple accounts, they would assign different personalities to each account...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00