Confirmed with Link: Del Zotto waived

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
gosennsgo.gif

Man I legit feel sad when I see people make fun of the ad. I get it, it is awkward but that ad was such an honest effort to pump up fans.

God being a Sens fan can be rough haha.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I'd fire Dorion but unfortunately I doubt a different GM does much better when having no money to play with and a skeleton crew for staff.

When the current GM has proven that he's the worst at his job in the entire league, any alternative is likely to be an improvement.

You don't need a big pro-scouting staff to not make the massive mistakes that Dorion has made.

Reactions: Cosmix

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
You can also add in the fact that they just traded away Kole Sherwood and terminated the contract of Pontus Aberg. That makes 3 one way NHL contracts (Dadanov, Murray and Del Zotto) and 2 two way contracts (Sherwood and Aberg) that they signed in the last two years that they have now traded, attempted to bury or terminated.
Sherwood and Aberg were nothing signings, team always makes AHL signings and move on from them every year. AHL signings don't matter much, especially when they have guys like Lucchino and Aggozino playing their part.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
What a joke. Let's remember that this was our biggest free agent signing this offseason. Also that he was kept in the opening day lineup at the expense of Brannstrom who was, in camp and last year, clearly the better player.

Worst management I've ever witnessed.

And why the shit did they give a two year term???? Stranger than fiction.

Reactions: Emrasie and Deku

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
When the current GM has proven that he's the worst at his job in the entire league, any alternative is likely to be an improvement.

You don't need a big pro-scouting staff to not make the massive mistakes that Dorion has made.

It is a team effort, on and off the ice.

We could have the greatest GM of all time but he'd still struggle with having to do everything himself because the owner won't spend and most competent people know better than taking an offer that is a set up to fail.

Reactions: DrEasy

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
For a team that needs every penny, that's 8.5 million a season right there in Murray and MDZ.

That's a star 1st line player.

Do we not see where the problem lies?

Absolute clown shoes that nothing is done when there are examples after examples after examples every year.

Completely clean house with management and pro scouting, start over anew.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me 10 times, I'm probably in the wrong line of work.

It would be one thing if most people never predicted it, like the Dadonov signing. It made sense and many thought it would be good. Never worked out, sucks, but it happens.

But everyone could see this was a gigantic mistake from the moment it was announced.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
For a team that needs every penny, that's 8.5 million a season right there in Murray and MDZ.

Absolute clown shoes that nothing is done when there are examples after examples after examples every year.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me 10 times, I'm probably in the wrong line of work.

I definitely agree but players don't want to come here so even if we had that 8.5 available, we'd probably have no legit star player to spend it on.

Reactions: DrEasy

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I'm all in favour. I just don't think changing the GM will achieve much.
That's fair. I feel sort of the same way I used to about Gerber and Emery. Maybe the other options weren't great, but if the guys you have can't get it done and you know this unequivocally, I'd prefer the devil I don't know.
I'd do it but I wouldn't expect our luck to turn is all.

Lol, why the hell not.

Drama and drafting have been about the only reason to pay attention to the Senators for 4 or 5 years now, so why not spice it up with the drama that Maguire being in the GM seat would bring.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005

It would be one thing if most people never predicted it, like the Dadonov signing. It made sense and many thought it would be good. Never worked out, sucks, but it happens.

But everyone could see this was a gigantic mistake from the moment it was announced.

Which $8.5m star would we be bringing in?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
What a joke. Let's remember that this was our biggest free agent signing this offseason. Also that he was kept in the opening day lineup at the expense of Brannstrom who was, in camp and last year, clearly the better player.

Worst management I've ever witnessed.

And why the shit did they give a two year term???? Stranger than fiction.
Yeah that’s the tough part.
Brannstrom came in a clearly outplayed del zotto it wasn’t even close

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I definitely agree but players don't want to come here so even if we had that 8.5 available, we'd probably have no legit star player to spend it on.

This.

That 8.5 will be useful when it comes time to sign our young players after their ELC is up.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Luckily Gene, is okay waiving people this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad