Injury Report: Dekeyser Out 4-6 Weeks

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Welcome back to the 2018 edition of the Warm Body of the Year Awards. And in the category of, Defenseman With a Pulse and Nothing Else, the award goes to...Brian Lashoff! Congratulations! This is Brian's fifth nomination for the award, and his first win.

Obe2kenobe

Mar 23, 2014
U.P.

Great! We got Lashoff in tonight. NOW we have a chance against the leafs.
Seriously though, Isn't there anyone else who might actually be a possible future d-man in GR? I know they mentioned they want someone to kill penalties.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Seriously though, Isn't there anyone else who might actually be a possible future d-man in GR? I know they mentioned they want someone to kill penalties.
Since they mentioned they want someone to kill penalties, i'm guessing they want someone they "trust". Lashoff is prob the one that fits that mold the best.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
So we bring up the love child of Big E and DDK. Had one above average year and we get stuck with him. Now going to wait for the rebuttle from the sabremetrics guys saying hes a top 4 defenceman..

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
I get where you're going, but I think Megan was recalled just to give them an available 4th line worthy warm body while they have no spare forwards (and now dmen) heading into to Toronto.

In the same vein however, I'm betting it'll be Hicketts over Hronek...

Unfortunately, I had a feeling.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Does everyone remember when we started off the season winless when the "kids" were holding down the blueline?

Stop complaining about everything. Especially a 7th defenseman spot.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
So we bring up the love child of Big E and DDK. Had one above average year and we get stuck with him. Now going to wait for the rebuttle from the sabremetrics guys saying hes a top 4 defenceman..
Do the advanced stats actually say that? I thought they said the opposite?

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
Also remember last year when every one was dumping on Smith, he was grading out as a better defenseman over DDK who was league worst. And getting paid 5 Mill

KasperTheGrittyGhost

Jan 12, 2008
Michigan
The team is tanking. Injuries to Mantha and Dekeyser only highlight a pretty tough stretch over the next 4-6 weeks. Calling up Lashoff is a professional move. That guy is a warrior for the organization, and I’m glad he gets a few weeks of NHL paychecks while we lean in for a top 3 pick.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
I was going to say this is a lose for Hughes move imo. Bringing up Lashoff for this stint isn't really helping anything other than draft position, even if it is a 7th dman like someone mention.

Nah not a big deal really but, if Lashoff's here a month it'll be a wasted opportunity for coaches to look at the young defense-men. You'd think they'd wanna good look at them if they're planning on developing them.

Idk though, shook my head but then shrug my shoulders and said it's all in the name of Hughes. Wings need a major talent near equal or better than Larkin in the worst way to separate themselves from other teams. Pretty hard to do but still.

Pretty sure everyones confident Lashoff is a career AHL'er, would of liked Hicketts/Hronek or even Libor just get a look. That's all.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
cutting Cholowski's minutes more and more after his very good start to the season? calling up Lashoff over Hronek?

and people wonder why all the defensemen this organization drafts end up being terrible

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
On the one hand, the 7th defenseman will make absolutely no difference...barring he doesn't completely wet the bed, and cough up 3-4 premium scoring chances per game.

On the other hand, if it's not a huge impact to the team either way, then why would you bring up a "safe" guy with no future in Lashoff, over a kid with an interesting ceiling in Hronek?

(If they still think Hronek isn't close to ready, so be it. But if the kid is even close, I'd much rather watch him work out a kink or two than watch a career Griffin yet again.)

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
cutting Cholowski's minutes more and more after his very good start to the season? calling up Lashoff over Hronek?

and people wonder why all the defensemen this organization drafts end up being terrible

Cholowski hasn't been playing very well for about a month.

Reactions: TheMule93

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

They'd rather those guys stay in GR as opposed to being up for a game or two. Give them some continuity and what not, instead of shuttling them between Detroit and GR on a bus.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
On the one hand, the 7th defenseman will make absolutely no difference...barring he doesn't completely wet the bed, and cough up 3-4 premium scoring chances per game.

On the other hand, if it's not a huge impact to the team either way, then why would you bring up a "safe" guy with no future in Lashoff, over a kid with an interesting ceiling in Hronek?

(If they still think Hronek isn't close to ready, so be it. But if the kid is even close, I'd much rather watch him work out a kink or two than watch a career Griffin yet again.)

Because a couple games will do nothing positive for a guy's interesting ceiling. BUTTT if you bring up Hronek in a bad spot and he does end up giving up 3-4 premium scoring chances a game for a week, you can't tell me that won't mess with his head.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad