Injury Report: Dekeyser Out 4-6 Weeks

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
I’m not sure how being called up would affect Hronek’s status for the Seattle expansion draft but maybe that is why they didn’t call him up.
Either way, I think playing a lot in all situations with the Griffs will be beneficial for his development.

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
cutting Cholowski's minutes more and more after his very good start to the season? calling up Lashoff over Hronek?

And where was Lashoff at the Wings-Leafs game last night? Not on the ice. Healthy scratch. Would you rather have a veteran AHLer get a NHL call up to sit in the stands for a game or two and maybe play about 8-10 minutes in a game, or do you bring up Hronek to do the exact same thing? Hronek gains more by playing in GR and develop himself more to prepare when the Wings will need him in a long-term call-up. Lashoff is only filling in until Daley is back (which should be another game or two at most).

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I’m not sure how being called up would affect Hronek’s status for the Seattle expansion draft but maybe that is why they didn’t call him up.
Either way, I think playing a lot in all situations with the Griffs will be beneficial for his development.

Callings won't matter. Being AHL pro, is counted as North American pro year. That's the rule in expansion draft.

Hronek will be 4-year pro in Seattle expansion draft. Only 2-year pros are excluded (Veleno, NCAA guys like Larsson, or european pros like Lindström).

Zadina will be counted as well, 1st NA pro year going in NHL and he will have 3 pro years, before the expansion draft.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Dekeyser is so physically weak I bet you can break his bones with a rubber band. The guy is allergic to weight training. Disgusting he is signed this long. But hey Holland gon Holland

Reactions: jprenkert

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Dekeyser is so physically weak I bet you can break his bones with a rubber band. The guy is allergic to weight training. Disgusting he is signed this long. But hey Holland gon Holland

I was actually sitting right there when that puck him. Second it hit him, the person next to me looked at me and said "its broken". It hit him hard! He may be injury prone, but this would have hurt anyone.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Because a couple games will do nothing positive for a guy's interesting ceiling. BUTTT if you bring up Hronek in a bad spot and he does end up giving up 3-4 premium scoring chances a game for a week, you can't tell me that won't mess with his head.
I thought DDK was out 4-6 weeks. That's a lot more than a couple of games. And if he's at least close to ready like I said, he shouldn't be playing as poorly as you imply.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Trevor Daley is coming back.
And if the spot really is just a token 2-3 games until Daley returns, then let the scrub have it instead. I was hoping they would consider Hronek for more than such a short stopgap appearance.

Reactions: Ezekial

JoesuffP

Feb 3, 2016
Hopefully Ericsson gets scratched when DD is back and Jensen gets traded at the deadline and then we see Hronek with the team permenantly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad