Injury Report: Dekeyser Out 4-6 Weeks

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
No one, for now. We can run Green, Daley, Cholo, Ericsson, Kronwall, and Jensen with Witkowski as the #7.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
No one, for now. We can run Green, Daley, Cholo, Ericsson, Kronwall, and Jensen with Witkowski as the #7.

That'll probably be once Daley is healthy. In the meantime, they'll probably re-call someone until at least Daley is back, to keep Witkowski at #7.

My money is on Hicketts. Not because he deserves it per se, but more because of all the praise he got from Blashill earlier in the year and because he can be used to kill penalties while Daley and DeKeyser are both out.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
So DDK, has been a reliable 3rd pairing D man? He has never impressed me and would rather have Big E over this guy in the lineup everynight. Or even Brendan Smith. Smith would atleast create offence for both teams instead of just the opposing team. DDK had one decent, above average year when paired with Quincey. Then he seemed to have some incriminating photo of Holland to get that contract.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I'm never a fan of anybody getting hurt, but between how much I dislike DeKeyser's play, and the chance of other defensemen getting additional minutes or a callup, there's a pretty big silver lining to this one.

Hopefully we see one or more of the kids do well enough that they keep the increased role even once everybody is healthy.

Reactions: jprenkert

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
That'll probably be once Daley is healthy. In the meantime, they'll probably re-call someone until at least Daley is back, to keep Witkowski at #7.

My money is on Hicketts. Not because he deserves it per se, but more because of all the praise he got from Blashill earlier in the year and because he can be used to kill penalties while Daley and DeKeyser are both out.

He's never been put on the IR, so I've figured he's pretty close to returning. I'd be a bit surprised they call someone up unless he actually goes on the IR and they know he won't be around a bit longer.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Libor Sulak! Libor Sulak!

I know he's probably not the first in line for a callup but with Bertuzzi out I want someone in the lineup with a greasy mop and bad mustache.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
He's never been put on the IR, so I've figured he's pretty close to returning. I'd be a bit surprised they call someone up unless he actually goes on the IR and they know he won't be around a bit longer.

According to Kahn, Daley is likely to miss the next couple games so he probably ends up getting retro-IRed. Although, putting DeKeyser on IR would open up the space needed to re-call a dman.

Chris 84

Sep 15, 2007
I'm never a fan of anybody getting hurt, but between how much I dislike DeKeyser's play, and the chance of other defensemen getting additional minutes or a callup, there's a pretty big silver lining to this one.

Hopefully we see one or more of the kids do well enough that they keep the increased role even once everybody is healthy.

i think dekeyser has been pretty good this year.

So is this an addition by subtraction injury?

no

masta8

Apr 26, 2018
Blashill said after practice it won't be Hronek called up. Probably Sulak if I had to guess.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
We really need to get rid of all these mediocre defenseman. It's comical lol.
Mike Green: 29th overall, 2004
Dennis Cholowski: 20th overall, 2016

It's almost as if they need a few more first round selections on defense... :sarcasm:

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
So DDK, has been a reliable 3rd pairing D man? He has never impressed me and would rather have Big E over this guy in the lineup everynight. Or even Brendan Smith. Smith would atleast create offence for both teams instead of just the opposing team. DDK had one decent, above average year when paired with Quincey. Then he seemed to have some incriminating photo of Holland to get that contract.
Remember to factor in TOI & more importantly QoC% & DZS & OZS...DDK was playing at a .333ppg % or 27pts/82gms & +16 rating...Those are very good #'s for a "3rd pairing" Dman & even good for a 2nd pairing Dman (which he is) on a lottery team, which we are.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
So is this an addition by subtraction injury?

Replace DeKeyser with Hickets and you order nothing but problems.

But hey, this is good for the tank. Injuries started to hit and I predict we'll see a very dark december. It enabless the selling program in january-february. Christmas presents (picks from these trades) will come with a ~2 month delay.

Last edited:

masta8

Apr 26, 2018
Mike Green: 29th overall, 2004
Dennis Cholowski: 20th overall, 2016

It's almost as if they need a few more first round selections on defense... :sarcasm:
Quinn Hughes is a defenseman and was available..... Just kidding, just kidding :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->