Post-Game Talk: Definition of insanity

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Latest on that...

That's good news to me. Even if they have to sit out next game... as long as it's not long term.

There's probably numbers out there, but I think I remember seeing our record without Zetterberg is quite worse than without Datsyuk.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Not too worried. We still have a better roster than we did down the stretch last year. Will give some players a chance to step up.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Given the past probably Ericsson.

Usually was some combination of Franzen or Cleary... Ericsson gets the A a lot in the pre-season. My guess is with him being the regular in the lineup he gets the A.

Ericsson gets the A for punching Benn in the face.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Probably Glendening gets the 'A'. It's all part of the inevitable process for him to eventually wear the 'C'. ;)

Seriously, hasn't he been the captain of every team he's played for?

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Pulkinen's transition into the show has been somewhat too big mountain to climb onto to. Disregard to his recent injury.. How many games on the top lines does he need to be effective? (Scoring wise). Thanks

RedWingsForPresident

Nov 20, 2012
Indiana
Second game I've missed all year :banghead:

Couldn't believe Adbelkader didn't get called for goalie interference on Datsyuk's tying goal after the all the questionable calls in recent years. Keep this road trip rolling

rx7dryver

Apr 11, 2009
Probably Glendening gets the 'A'. It's all part of the inevitable process for him to eventually wear the 'C'. ;)

Seriously, hasn't he been the captain of every team he's played for?

I would have no problem with that. Dude brings it every night.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
The Captain, barring any significant personality flaws or other issues, should be your best player.

I disagree 1,000,000%

Your captain should be your hardest worker.

Truth is it is somewhere in the middle of those, it is nice to have your captain be your best player or at least an undisputed great player. In that regard we have been a blessed franchise we have spent three decades with arguably our best player and arguably our hardest worker wearing the C. It has been extremely ideal to say the least.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
I disagree 1,000,000%

Your captain should be your hardest worker.

You can't become the best player on a good team anymore without also being an incredibly hard worker. Show me the best player on a playoff team and I'll show you a hard worker. "Hardest" worker is pretty hard to determine without being in the locker room with the players.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
You can't become the best player on a good team anymore without also being an incredibly hard worker. Show me the best player on a playoff team and I'll show you a hard worker. "Hardest" worker is pretty hard to determine without being in the locker room with the players.

Yeah, I would say the overlap is pretty significant. There are some exceptions, in my opinion. I never thought Ovechkin should have been given the 'C', for instance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad