Post-Game Talk: Definition of insanity

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Yeah that might be pretty interesting. I can't guarantee I'll be available to do so every game but when I can I'll try and keep track and compare our results.

We should be able to come up with a consensus for our ranking of the D men though. I'll try to post near the start of game threads if I am around to score the D men that game :)

Zetterbergs Beard

Red Wins fan
May 20, 2013
Vancouver, BC
I left for a friend's house after the 2nd period. We watched We Bought a Zoo. I checked the boxscore when it was 6-5, then 6-6, then 7-6, but I never threw the game up because I didn't want to be a loner there. Feels bad I missed the 3rd and overtime though.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Sounds like a great (well fun at least) game. :)

Apart from Z getting injured? :(

What happened? Any updates on that?

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
This game down to an old fashioned Texas shootout. It had it all, very entertaining. Hey it's Saturday night let the boys go. I was reminded of the great rivalry with the North Stars, there was some mean vibes out there. Insane is that Gustavsson gets a win his 1st game back.

I was telling someone my evaluation of Datsyuk, he makes plays in the split second of your wildest hockey dreams you think could/will happen, it's surreal. Pavel is the dreamweaver!

The Red Wing's structure looked so out of whack because of missing Quincey. Kindl played engaged but to have such a switch to the pairings it really throws things off. The PP with Kindl was disorganized and ineffective as well. It takes time after an injury to get back in synch with your team. In a strange way I don't mind the Wings got pushed out of their comfort zone. To see total happiness after a win against the Stars and Blackhawks I know this team cares, is having fun, and believe in themselves. We are off to a great start to the road trip! :yo:

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
The Red Wing's structure looked so out of whack because of missing Quincey. Kindl played engaged but to have such a switch to the pairings it really throws things off. The PP with Kindl was disorganized and ineffective as well. It takes time after an injury to get back in synch with your team. In a strange way I don't mind the Wings got pushed out of their comfort zone. To see total happiness after a win against the Stars and Blackhawks I know this team cares, is having fun, and believe in themselves. We are off to a great start to the road trip! :yo:

It took 5 pages, but someone finally worked out the root cause of letting in 6 goals....the lack of Quincey :sarcasm:

Seriously though, that 2nd pairing has been rock solid this season.

Pleasantly surprised by the lack of Howard scapegoating in this thread (but wth was he doing with that pad stack?)

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
It was a developing play, and I guess Abby was shoved by the opponent. Nice game.. What a blast>> Two consecutive games that are really fun to watch..
There has never been such an obvious gi call as that one.
I voted
Datsyuk. No explanation needed.

Abby played ok all night but the well timed cross check on he goalie sealed the comeback.

Howard. Yes I am voting for someone that have up 5or was it 6 goals and was pulled. He honestly looked good most of the game and he kept them in it. He just got a bunch of bad breaks.

Kindl gets no vote because of atrocious play in d zone.

How about a big screw you to ken Daniels for putting the graphic up and talking about how healthy Z has been.

Interesting.

1980's came back with a vengeance tonight. :yo:

Bench clearing?

Last edited:

Invictus12

Aug 1, 2010
New York
Didn't see the game... Seems like an exciting one reading everone's comments. Also, a frustrating one...

Was impreesed on Tatar's assist there. The guy was denied a shot by Dallas defenseman and he still had the presence of mind to pass. Quick reaction there!

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Wow, apparently this was the first time since 1934 that a team trailed by 2 or more goals twice during the 3rd period and came back to win the game. That's something.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
What's insane is that they just find ways to win but parts of their game is ugly as ****... like goaltending and D for the most part.... I guess the 3 up-coming games against the tough california teams will tell more about this team.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I just re-watched the game. Quite chaotic. Easy to see why Dallas score so many but also don't have a great record. They've got speed, cleverness and tenacity on offense but are asleep at the wheel defensively quite a bit. And the Wings imitated that style last night.

Dallas really needed the 2 last night and you could see losing that really took something out of them. Difficult to see them making the playoffs.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Well, that was interesting. We didn't really deserve those points, but oh well.

Defensive positioning is underrated.

I know DeKeyser is a really good defender but how many times to you want him to defend 3-on-1s? We just weren't really good at being on the right side of the puck.

rx7dryver

Apr 11, 2009
If anyone wants a laugh check out the video clip of lehtonenen throwing his stick after the ot goal. There is a girl in the first row of the stands doing some insane pelvic thrusts in the direction of some stars fans.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Kindl popped a couple in but I still dont think he looked good out there. I was trying to py attention to him and he didnt look great at all. Some bad pinches and whatnot. Partially due to rust I'm sure but still.

Aug 6, 2012
Think its time to move Abby off Z's wing, they are just not playing well together. Z needs some more speed on his wings.

Overclass*

Well, that was interesting. We didn't really deserve those points, but oh well.

Defensive positioning is underrated.

I know DeKeyser is a really good defender but how many times to you want him to defend 3-on-1s? We just weren't really good at being on the right side of the puck.

If there was ever a way for neither teams to get any points this was probably it. Was fun to watch though, and hey, a win is a win.

Still our second period 5 minute meltdown that seems to happen every four or five games is troubling. Coming back on a crap NJ team and Dallas is a lot different than clawing back Montreal + Price.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Should we expect any punishment for Benn? Or will we be lucky if he gets the Shea Weber special treatment from a couple years ago?

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
That was a hell of a game to watch. Wow. As I'm watching it, I couldn't believe it was the Red Wings. It's like the Stars put some kind of spell on them and everybody agreed to stop playing defense.

That said, made for entertainment! Looked like a scrappy all-star game at times.

Also, my poor friends in Dallas. The crowd was at least 50% Wings, eh?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad