Define Every NHL Team's Market

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
Niagara peninsula is mostly Leaf fans but lots of Sabres fans.
London and west is mostly Leaf fans but lots of Wings fans and more so the closer you get to Detroit.
GTA. I would say a third of NHL fans are non-leaf fans.

Pretty much though I'd likely say the Niagara peninsula region is more akin to 33%-33%-20%-14% in terms of Leafs-Sabres-Bandwagoners for either or neither team-Other NHL teams (primarily Detroit) Essentially when Buffalo has been good, everything outside of the GTA, to the south, becomes a bit more fond of the Sabres. In part due to southern Ontario cities having more in common with Buffalo historically than Toronto from an occupational stand point. This effect has waned though as both regions have become more white collar as time has went by however. The other part ends up purely being drive time and/or pricing

Reactions: Puckclektr

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
Does Edmonton have a lot of fans in the NWT and Nunavut?

No idea about Nunavut, but I'd say the Oilers are probably the most popular team in NWT (with Leafs and Habs of course too like everywhere else in Canada).
But that's reeeaaally not saying much! There's more people living in Lethbridge or Red Deer Alberta (90-100k each) than those two arctic territories combined.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad