xigon

Jun 13, 2019
giphy.gif

when they see him coming... :eek:

Last edited:

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
in another 1-2 years we are going to have a bunch of DMen knocking on the door and/or developing in Bingo between

Ty Smith
Kevin Bahl
Reilly Walsh
Daniil Misyul
Nikita Okhotyuk
Matt Hellickson
Xavier Bernard

its good because we needed an overhaul in Bingo
Case McCarthy is another one we have, some were pretty excited that we grabbed him though no idea how he's been progressing since then.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
in another 1-2 years we are going to have a bunch of DMen knocking on the door and/or developing in Bingo between

Ty Smith
Kevin Bahl
Reilly Walsh
Daniil Misyul
Nikita Okhotyuk
Matt Hellickson
Xavier Bernard

So would you expect that None Shall Pass?

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

Ty Smith
Kevin Bahl
Reilly Walsh
Daniil Misyul
Nikita Okhotyuk
Matt Hellickson
Xavier Bernard

Case McCarthy is another one we have, some were pretty excited that we grabbed him though no idea how he's been progressing since then.

Vukojevic as well.

Next year Bahl Smith and Bernard will graduate out of juniors. Okhotyuk is eligible too with a December b-day, and Shero has brought those guys in that situation into the fold in recent years.

Walsh is also possible, as is Hellickson. No clue how likely though.

So yeah, a lot of guys ready to move in.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
I'm optimistic about all the d-prospects, but I also remember a time when Larsson, Severson, Gelinas, Merrill, and Santini were all locks to be our defense for years and then they literally all failed to meet expectations so I hope they keep focusing on defense in the draft. It's so much harder to develop great defensemen so the more swings they take at it the better.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
I'm optimistic about all the d-prospects, but I also remember a time when Larsson, Severson, Gelinas, Merrill, and Santini were all locks to be our defense for years and then they literally all failed to meet expectations so I hope they keep focusing on defense in the draft. It's so much harder to develop great defensemen so the more swings they take at it the better.

Just shows how hard it is. Even with that group, 3 are NHL defensemen and one is probably a 7th man guy on a team who isn't stacked on D (Santini).

Most of these guys were 1st or 2nd round guys.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Just shows how hard it is. Even with that group, 3 are NHL defensemen and one is probably a 7th man guy on a team who isn't stacked on D (Santini).

Most of these guys were 1st or 2nd round guys.

It's hard to predict how these guys will turn out. I wouldn't pigeonhole any of them into non-NHLers, and at the same time I wouldn't pencil them in as definite NHLers either.

I think with the sheer number of promising defensemen at least one or two will hit, and that's all we need right now. Even with that group from 7-8 years ago that disappointed us we technically had Larsson and Merill as hits. They just didn't live up to our expectations.

Reactions: My3Sons

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY

Update: McCarthy has been extremely solid for Boston University. He's played a simple, smart, physical and defensively sound game on a stocked BU blueline which boasts 4 NHL draft picks. In my mind, it was a mistake for Team USA to leave McCarthy off the WJC squad -- Emberson was really their only solid, shut-down guy on the blueline, since Matthias Samuelsson just had an awful tournament in every respect. But I would say that McCarthy is a far superior player and prospect than Samuelsson.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
How did Bahl do today vs the Finns ? I didn’t get a chance to watch . Canada won but haven’t heard anything regarding Bahl or even Smith

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
I know people were saying "oh devils shouldve gotten soderstrom or hayton, they're better rated prospects!!"

How do they know the Devils didnt rate Bahl higher than those guys? Its very possible Castron had Bahl as their top prospect.

One thing I will say is I kinda wish we got Capobianco instead of one of the other two. Would be nice to have some more depth on the backend.
There is no way this is the case...Lets try to be realistic?

Reactions: MichaelJ

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
It is possible they rated Bahl over Soderstrom. It's not possible - or if they did, they're foolish - they rated him over Hayton.

Reactions: Dominance

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
It doesn’t matter what Ray thinks of Soderstrom, Chayka said they had Soderstrom 3rd overall on their 2019 draft board and consider him a future core player. Arizona wouldn’t have entertained any deals involving him for Hall under any circumstances.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad