Prospect Info: Defenseman Kevin Bahl

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
After doing some research I feel like there is quite a bit of upside and potential to Bahl. Since the Hall assets thread will eventually die off I feel like this deserves its own thread so we can discuss the player and his progression going forward during his development.

Kevin Bahl at eliteprospects.com

FEATURE: Bringing Bahl into the Fold

“I've made this point, especially in the last week or so in interviews," said the Ottawa 67's GM, who has had a direct hand in the development of six current Devils prospects/players, "Kevin is a legitimate NHL prospect. Every year he plays against the other teams' best players and he plays against them a lot.”

Pronman also reranked the 2018 Draft and has Bahl at 34th.

Pronman: Re-ranking the NHL Draft Class of 2018

Last edited:

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
PjvXV00her5Zx8byuYD4cycLPbM6qQnRgKEU1x4ntzYYqQ7xRu8f57wnF71QL8cJqatPMGIUZSAhO-5zWJK6zicsFh2pAkjoYbVXH2Cf8sJzMQ_EvjVgMFwdILXLhFfMod42Mst6a6zLUdhEbytugLSbS6qkz9Lm5EmYKUfqgrb2djTKnlKumu1fFR0meLwWCbvdUGX-Q2S4xYMk1bOjf0iw5xcubiRwTBXhjprvFnGW25Pj8GvbsdEWtAX11VOsmDxsIf5opsBbBjStxgnheeWfEWu4SacjqHxtDnYj22YLrfLXIddwbkJlojetFTQZ_fOrHvNa9RbJoa_zHILN8AQ6-vNNm6hzXeLQCwWZQpMRXGpSFolqZTjbfW7i1Ekz2Rp7lb9SqvGsFX5a5ybk1hAWrLUqLaBY96n2mwl1pIFMQAGedxnd-Ck3FmtK2iqWAdXLxCKUBYU09VILDfIsBLJuYlu4__zKnrNoWxBe1grUZdKNNrfgdh4hqIyjn9rU5p-GsRW3n3FnKT2xJURXPR5-LIrxB9ZT-OLTLkqwz-YQUNs8ydVKIAB_EuaVUIH29vSMdnL7tlpuuCXKoAK7vnvh7Xj9NlmKdp5p0E6h6TbTWJcT22GXagrKhawy1dYfFsyeGVsM6DpslyLKRELBpuSP_MqvoRf-1-JrMj2MEA05Gve8ZdzNKZvY=w1240-h930-no

I watched a couple Pacific Division prospect camp games in September. Looked through my photos and found a couple with Bahl (#91). Unfortunately I wasn't really paying too close of attention during the game (was kinda focusing on Ryan Merkley for a buddy), so I don't have any particular memories of Bahl's play. [/coolstorybro]

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
PjvXV00her5Zx8byuYD4cycLPbM6qQnRgKEU1x4ntzYYqQ7xRu8f57wnF71QL8cJqatPMGIUZSAhO-5zWJK6zicsFh2pAkjoYbVXH2Cf8sJzMQ_EvjVgMFwdILXLhFfMod42Mst6a6zLUdhEbytugLSbS6qkz9Lm5EmYKUfqgrb2djTKnlKumu1fFR0meLwWCbvdUGX-Q2S4xYMk1bOjf0iw5xcubiRwTBXhjprvFnGW25Pj8GvbsdEWtAX11VOsmDxsIf5opsBbBjStxgnheeWfEWu4SacjqHxtDnYj22YLrfLXIddwbkJlojetFTQZ_fOrHvNa9RbJoa_zHILN8AQ6-vNNm6hzXeLQCwWZQpMRXGpSFolqZTjbfW7i1Ekz2Rp7lb9SqvGsFX5a5ybk1hAWrLUqLaBY96n2mwl1pIFMQAGedxnd-Ck3FmtK2iqWAdXLxCKUBYU09VILDfIsBLJuYlu4__zKnrNoWxBe1grUZdKNNrfgdh4hqIyjn9rU5p-GsRW3n3FnKT2xJURXPR5-LIrxB9ZT-OLTLkqwz-YQUNs8ydVKIAB_EuaVUIH29vSMdnL7tlpuuCXKoAK7vnvh7Xj9NlmKdp5p0E6h6TbTWJcT22GXagrKhawy1dYfFsyeGVsM6DpslyLKRELBpuSP_MqvoRf-1-JrMj2MEA05Gve8ZdzNKZvY=w1240-h930-no

I watched a couple Pacific Division prospect camp games in September. Looked through my photos and found a couple with Bahl (#91). Unfortunately I wasn't really paying too close of attention during the game (was kinda focusing on Ryan Merkley for a buddy), so I don't have any particular memories of Bahl's play. [/coolstorybro]

Haha, Bahl is yuge! also, how did Merkley look?

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
After doing some research I feel like there is quite a bit of upside and potential to Bahl. Since the Hall assets thread will eventually die off I feel like this deserves its own thread so we can discuss the player and his progression going forward during his development.

Kevin Bahl at eliteprospects.com

FEATURE: Bringing Bahl into the Fold

Pronman also reranked the 2018 Draft and has Bahl at 34th.

Pronman: Re-ranking the NHL Draft Class of 2018

Damn dude that first right hook was a f***ing haymaker. The other kid is lucky it didn't connect cause it would've decapitated him

Reactions: SWW and NjDevsRR

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
there might actually be someone who won't look like a midget next to Chara :0 It always made me chuckle seeing guys who were 6'3 or 6'4 and still looked tiny next to him. Sadly, Idk if we'll ever be able to see that.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Haha, Bahl is yuge! also, how did Merkley look?

I tried to suppress all the stuff I had heard about Merkley. Puck skills were great, but didn't get a great read on him defensively since I sat at the wrong end of the rink. Unfortunately don't have much memory of the game other than it being sloppy (par for the course with summer time prospects), some random Shark player got kicked out of the game after nailing Jan Jenik with a blindside hit to the head, and Pete DeBoer was taller than I expected.

there might actually be someone who won't look like a midget next to Chara :0 It always made me chuckle seeing guys who were 6'3 or 6'4 and still looked tiny next to him. Sadly, Idk if we'll ever be able to see that.

I'm always reminded how small Milan Lucic looked next to Vlade Divac and Peja Stojakovic.

Reactions: dk3790 and NjDevsRR

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
speaking of Chara I wonder if Bahl could use a stick size that Chara uses. That reach would be amazing.:nod:

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
WHOA, is that the same hit in that video posted before lol. Couldn't see it well in there but holy crap that guy went flying lmao

That butt power.
Hope he wears 88 in the show and if he lays a couple of those hits early he'll be a instant fan favorite.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Ray said that they had him rated higher than the Coyotes. That's interesting.

I know people were saying "oh devils shouldve gotten soderstrom or hayton, they're better rated prospects!!"

How do they know the Devils didnt rate Bahl higher than those guys? Its very possible Castron had Bahl as their top prospect.

One thing I will say is I kinda wish we got Capobianco instead of one of the other two. Would be nice to have some more depth on the backend.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
I know people were saying "oh devils shouldve gotten soderstrom or hayton, they're better rated prospects!!"

How do they know the Devils didnt rate Bahl higher than those guys? Its very possible Castron had Bahl as their top prospect.

One thing I will say is I kinda wish we got Capobianco instead of one of the other two. Would be nice to have some more depth on the backend.

Really doubt the Devils know him well enough to like him better than Soderstrom. I don't think we have anyone that plays for the 67s, and if we scout their games, I'm sure we're watching the 2020s and maybe the 2021s. It sounds like we did know him a little bit from scouting the 2018 draft, and Shero said we had him higher than Arizona took him, so there's that, but really doubt we'd know him well enough to think he was better than a guy that went 11th overall.

Shakir ONeal

Jimmy Hughes
Sep 21, 2017
Really doubt the Devils know him well enough to like him better than Soderstrom. I don't think we have anyone that plays for the 67s, and if we scout their games, I'm sure we're watching the 2020s and maybe the 2021s. It sounds like we did know him a little bit from scouting the 2018 draft, and Shero said we had him higher than Arizona took him, so there's that, but really doubt we'd know him well enough to think he was better than a guy that went 11th overall.

bruh we have 3 other prospects on Ottawa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->