Half-Assed GDT: Defending Stanley cup Champs vs S*** K***** little snow storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

RR10

Jul 2, 2018
Your team is just so balanced. We would only have a chance if our stars- Mack, Rantanen, and Makar carry us. Our depth is much improved but I think were missing a top six guy, 3c and another top 4 D.
We also miss Tarasenko, Parayko and Blais.

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
Frustrating one, the Avs only had what 12 shots through 2 periods? Outside of those 2 weak goals in 20 seconds, Binny actually played a good game making some big stops.

That first PP unit killed momentum in the 2nd (despite a nice goal by DP57). I am pretty sure our 6 on 5 numbers are very similar to our 5 on 3 numbers over the past 3 years or so...we almost never score! Petro is having a very good 5 on 5 season on the offensive side of the puck (not good on the defensive side) but Ive been saying for years that he should not be managing the blue line on the 1st unit and every 6 on 5 at the end of the game.

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
Not worried. Our minds are a little warped by how much we’ve been able to win. But most teams would not be able to win that much without guys like Tarasenko and Parayko in the lineup. It happens.

Time to get fresh, Parayko should be back and then hopefully Blais will be close behind him after the break.
I agree but also hope this goes without saying for any Blues fan that has followed the team for a while.

Crazy good team we have here to say the least!!

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Are those good players;) my post post basically a nod to the way your team is built and the depth it has. I'm not sure the Avs could afford losses of that significance just yet anyways, I think we will in the next few years but we are still too top heavy imo.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland

giphy.gif

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Missed the game cause I had prior engagements. Guess it wasnt a bad one to miss. "Cant win em all" right?

Nope! But the Central isn’t the bloodbath it used to be, and it’s always nice to beat the other legit team in the division. In the grand scheme, it’s just another game, and one to forget as guys are turning their focus towards the break / all star game. We’re pretty good at forgetting tough losses tho, so I’m not worried at all.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
I’m interested to see how long MacEachern is out for. I’m guessing/hoping first game back Berube will run this lineup

Sanford-O’Reilly-Perron
Schwartz-Schenn-Kyrou
Steen-Thomas-Bozak
de la Rose-Barbashev-Sundqvist
Brouwer

Faulk-Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester-Parayko
Dunn-Bortuzzo
Gunnarsson

Even though he’s been playing decently well lately, I’m glad Blais will be back very soon to take Sanford’s spot on that ROR/DP57 line.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Well, looks like our days of dominating the Avs are over. They have certainly turned the tables on us, and will be a tough team to deal with for the foreseeable future. Even though we played a solid game overall, they had our defense on their heels all night because of their speed and skill.

Dunn had a rough game, thought he needed to challenge Burakovsky more on that 4th goal even if Binny should have stopped it. We had lots of good chances that we just couldn't finish and our PP and 6-5 play was flat. The Avs kept the pressure on us and we couldn't respond.

I know some people think I'm anti-Kyrou, which I'm really not, but it should be clear why he didn't play this game. Fans underestimate that matchups are extremely important to NHL coaches. The Avs wanted to match the MacKinnon line up against the Schenn line, which is probably our weakest line defensively even without Kyrou. He was probably afraid of that line being even more vulnerable with a rookie in there. That line would be tough for anyone to handle, but at least with Sundqvist you have a defense first guy that can keep the pressure on. I'd expect Kyrou to get more looks at home, where Berube can choose the matchups he wants.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
No loss is a good loss but the mistakes that cost us are correctable. Bouwmeester made a bad cross ice pass, Dunn didn't hold the blue line and Binnington whiffed on a shortside goal.

Fix those three plays and it's a 3-1 Blues final.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Nope! But the Central isn’t the bloodbath it used to be, and it’s always nice to beat the other legit team in the division. In the grand scheme, it’s just another game, and one to forget as guys are turning their focus towards the break / all star game. We’re pretty good at forgetting tough losses tho, so I’m not worried at all.
Very true. Losses don't seem to drag this team down... ever.

Same for me. Can't win 'em all, and can't SEE 'em all, at least live. I DID watch it delayed.
When you watch on a delay do you sometimes fast-forward the games if the Blues are losing by a couple goals to see if they at least get within one? It's hard for me not to do that.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Very true. Losses don't seem to drag this team down... ever.

When you watch on a delay do you sometimes fast-forward the games if the Blues are losing by a couple goals to see if they at least get within one? It's hard for me not to do that.

No. I watch in real time. I don't even FF the commercials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad