KILL THE AVALANCHE!
giphy.gif

Spear

Anonymous source FOR HIRE
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2009
St. Louis, MO
@Ranksu be mad

Head coach Craig Berube is expected to make just one lineup change for today's game in Colorado (2 p.m., FSMW, 101 ESPN), as defenseman Carl Gunnarsson draws in for Niko Mikkola.
PROJECTED LINEUP

Forwards

Schwartz - Schenn - Sundqvist
Sanford - O'Reilly - Perron
Steen - Thomas - Bozak
MacEachern - de la Rose - Barbashev
Defense
Dunn - Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester - Faulk
Gunnarsson - Bortuzzo
Goalie
Binnington / Allen

Reactions: SwivelSchwartz

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Does a track meet against the Avs really sound like the game you want to bring a rusty Gunnar back in? That was rhetorical, I want more Mikkola so I'm not even slightly interested in hearing, "Well we needed to get Gunnar back in, he hadn't played in a while."

And that's a problem because......

Spear

Anonymous source FOR HIRE
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Does a track meet against the Avs really sound like the game you want to bring a rusty Gunnar back in? That was rhetorical, I want more Mikkola so I'm not even slightly interested in hearing, "Well we needed to get Gunnar back in, he hadn't played in a while."

And that's a problem because......

Nothing like a rusty, old, slow defenseman coming back in the lineup against a fast team at altitude.... Berube's decision on this baffles me.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
I think they don't want to hurt Mikkola's confidence before the break by playing him against a fast, high scoring team, but Gunnarsson has played maybe two straight periods of good hockey this season. I like Gunnar, but he's not getting it done and he historically looks overwhelmed by speed. Maybe they saw too many turnovers at the point against Colorado last time and they'd rather have maximum veteran calmness to minimize those. I hope they know what they're doing.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Ok glad I'm not alone on that one, I hope it works out and I appreciate Gunnar but this doesn’t appear to make any sense on the surface. Imo Mikkola would have done a lot more for us vs. this Avs team in all 3 zones with his skating ability.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I'm still baffled by the Bouwmeester-Faulk pairing.

I think both guys are fine, but as a pair, neither compliment each other.

Reactions: Stealth JD

BlueKnight

Apr 19, 2015
Alberta, Canada
I don't like the idea of putting a rusty Gunnar back in against a team like the Avs. I’d rather see Mikkola stay in, Also no Kyrou against the Avs. But I’m not the Cup winning coach, so I'll shut up about it.

Let's go Blues.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
It’s too bad the Avs are going to be dusted in the first round by the Stars. Would be fun knocking them out.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I don’t hate the way we’re playing, but we need to be getting more zone time. We’re giving them too much of the track meet they want and I feel like they’re doing a better job of cycling the puck than we are.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I’m fine giving Gunnar a game so he doesn’t get too rusty tbh. Because after the All Star break, Parayko will return and he’ll be coming right back out of the lineup lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->