GDT: Defending Stanley Cup Champs vs. Islanders |Going for 6 Totally Rad Wins|

Status
Not open for further replies.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
While I totally understand why everyone calls it boring, it’s an oddity to see another team play a game similar to ours as well as we do. And we still do it better than them ;)
It's a winning formula. Blues do it even better because I think they have more talent.

Reactions: Fitrix

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
I thought that after the first period when I stopped watching. They are so structured, it’s a boring game when both teams are so structured but if you can appreciate it it’s great to watch
Exactly!

I hated that Chicago game. It was a scoring race and nothing else.

Lots of "experts" and "talking heads" call the Blues boring because we don't play like its a track meet. I hate it when we do.

Fitrix

Mar 25, 2019
It's a winning formula. Blues do it even better because I think they have more talent.
Absolutely, have to agree. If DA and Berube have done anything right to build this formula, it’s find the right players to play in it. Exhibit A has to be how good Scandella works in the system when he was maybe average at best outside of the last two weeks. Loving him as a Blue and this team. We’re getting into the right grove at the right time again.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I don't think the Islanders play like the Blues honestly. They do make a game like today pretty uninteresting to watch.

The Blues are fantastic at establishing cycles to open up lanes while the Islanders want nothing more than to beat you on the rush. The Islanders establish such a staunch blue-line stack while the Blues play a more fluid defensive style. The Blues style is much more adaptable because of it while also maintaining good structure. Although it is hard to pull off because there are a lot of moving parts. The Islanders are trying to be suffocating, but it's not a winning formula by any stretch of the imagination. It relies so heavily on maintaining position that speed and quick transitions will dismantle it effectively. You know, like how the Blues couldn't beat the Kings or Blackhawks for so long under Hitch?

Last edited:
Reactions: Itsnotatrap

CraftyVeteran

Lunatic
Apr 15, 2017
Exactly!

I hated that Chicago game. It was a scoring race and nothing else.

Lots of "experts" and "talking heads" call the Blues boring because we don't play like its a track meet. I hate it when we do.
at least we can see that this team can adapt and play with anyone's style from brutal hard hitting, to track meets to turtles. I talk crap on this team sometimes getting overemotional, but holy jumpin this team is amazing.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad