GDT: Defending Stanley Cup Champs vs. Islanders |Going for 6 Totally Rad Wins|

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Berube has done a good job with Kyrou. This recent stretch of games, he's improve his play after he sat for a few games. In my view, Berube clearly trusts him as he put him back in the lineup in a top 9 spot, although any line on this team could be considered top 9. There is good development going on, where we are seeing progress. It's not like he's in the doghouse or getting minutes just for the sake of getting minutes without showing any progress.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Man, the Islanders GDT was a train wreck. I was shocked at how down they are about their team. Maybe it’s just the vocal minority, but it made me appreciate the degree of whining here a little better. For me, I think they are a disciplined well-coached team that gets the most out of their roster. With good roster management, they’ll move up to contender status over the next couple years.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Man, the Islanders GDT was a train wreck. I was shocked at how down they are about their team. Maybe it’s just the vocal minority, but it made me appreciate the degree of whining here a little better. For me, I think they are a disciplined well-coached team that gets the most out of their roster. With good roster management, they’ll move up to contender status over the next couple years.
Well that GDT op post is quite 'decent'.

Sidenote that GDT opener didn't get any likes is mind-boggling.

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012

I thought they went toe to toe with the Blues in the our building for the first 30 minutes or so. I do see much similarity between these two clubs with one glaring difference. The Blues are much more physical in their own end than New York. They chase the hits as well as the puck on defense where the Islanders tend to look for an outlet pass to get out of trouble. I think the Blues in your face style has been what has separated them from everybody else in the last year or so. They simply wear the opposition down. The only one that can beat the Blues when they are playing their game is the Blues. Lets not forget new York could have easily won that game despite being heavily outplayed for the last 30 minutes or more. I thought Winnington came up with some big stops that kept the momentum going.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
It's a vocal minority.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Well that GDT op post is quite 'decent'.

Sidenote that GDT opener didn't get any likes is mind-boggling.
MattMartin does the GDT opener for them, and it's always stellar. Probably no likes because everyone there is used to it.

Reactions: Ranksu

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
I thought they went toe to toe with the Blues in the our building for the first 30 minutes or so. I do see much similarity between these two clubs with one glaring difference. The Blues are much more physical in their own end than New York. They chase the hits as well as the puck on defense where the Islanders tend to look for an outlet pass to get out of trouble. I think the Blues in your face style has been what has separated them from everybody else in the last year or so. They simply wear the opposition down. The only one that can beat the Blues when they are playing their game is the Blues. Lets not forget new York could have easily won that game despite being heavily outplayed for the last 30 minutes or more. I thought Winnington came up with some big stops that kept the momentum going.
You're right to an extent, but that team was missing Pelech, Greene, Clutterbuck, and Cizikas, and Martin. Their physicality is different without them.

Reactions: MortiestOfMortys

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
If we got only 4-5 shots over 2 periods, this place would explode too.

Reactions: TK 421

Kylester

Feb 28, 2020
Southern California
Didn't watch the game, but caught highlights on NHL.com. Some here have suggested Kyrou was benched for the entire 3rd period, but I believe the highlights showed he had two excellent scoring chances in the 3rd period...although on one of them, Panger can be heard saying "the kid did that all by himself"...or something to that effect. Was he doing too much fancy stuff in that period? I would hope he keeps playing. You can see his confidence is really growing now.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
It was a great scoring chance Kyrou created all by himself. I hate seeing him punished for that. If I was Berube, I would have went up to him on the bench and said, “that was a great play, but let’s not make a habit of trying to do too much. That’s not how we play. Once in a while is fine if you can’t find anybody open. You’re are playing great, keep it up”.

brokeu91

Jul 4, 2017
Rhode Island
It was a great scoring chance Kyrou created all by himself. I hate seeing him punished for that. If I was Berube, I would have went up to him on the bench and said, “that was a great play, but let’s not make a habit of trying to do too much. That’s not how we play. Once in a while is fine if you can’t find anybody open. You’re are playing great, keep it up”.
If team first defensive play wins us another Cup and Kyrou doesn’t do it, then I will be fine with multiple benches for him. In Berube I trust

JR1

Dec 22, 2016
I don’t think Kyrou was benched. He played 3 minutes and 40 seconds or so in the third. His total for the game was 10 minutes and 20 seconds. He played less in the second period than in the third.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad