GDT: Defending Stanley Cup Champs St. Louis Blues vs. Nashville|Get Outta Da Slump|

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
I don't care. Can't handle a setback after winning the damn Cup after waiting 50+ years? Then simply tune out and take a break from watching.

I feel like you have unrealistic expectations. If you think people are going to be positive about weeks of bad hockey because we won a Cup (which is great, btw) last season. I mean, this is a Feb 15 GDT, not the June 12th GDT.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
petro not the issue. hes been good this year, only seen a few games of captain creampuff appear this year.

problem on the backend is faulk but the bigger reason why we suck ass right now is the forwards are not helping commit to backchecking and 5man d. then when we need our goalie to stand on his head and deliver some big saves, it almost never ever happens now. look how many trash GWG against us have been off easy shots that they are spitting out rebounds on now.

Reactions: Stealth JD

mike1320

I feel like you have unrealistic expectations. If you think people are going to be positive about weeks of bad hockey because we won a Cup (which is great, btw) last season. I mean, this is a Feb 15 GDT, not the June 12th GDT.
Wow, I'm the one with unrealistic expectations after the team won a Cup. That's rich.

edit- I'm not saying that people should be outright positive about losing, but it's hilarious to watch everyone overreact and want to predict missing the playoffs altogether or suggesting that we shake up the roster with knee jerk trades.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Wow, I'm the one with unrealistic expectations after the team won a Cup. That's rich.

Well yeah. You expect people to be positive about bad hockey because of what happened last season. This is whole new season of hockey with its own stakes, not some exhibition victory lap for the boys in blue. Or quit watching because they see negatives in the team. Get a clue.

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
Petro is Karlsson. Overpaid, overrated offensive defenseman!!! What happened when Blues hit him and pressured him in playoffs last year??? Petro has same issues when hit and pressured in his defensive zone!!’
Actually, Karlsson is probably better at what he does than Petro. Though Karlsson’s defense is almost as bad as Petro’s!!!

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Yall making me want to drink more than the Blues did today. They played better today than they have been. This is just a bad slump, Sunny coming back will help out alot. If they are still playing horrible at the end of the month I'll begin to worry.

Chet Manly

Feb 25, 2015
Saint Louis
We need to figure out our defense. That's issue #1. Did someone say 11 straight games giving up +3?

I haven't liked the back and forth with Allen/Binnington either. I want to see 1 goalie for the next 6 straight.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Team needs a little help with Jaybo out, which is understandable. Slump hit, it happens. We'll ride the storm out and army will plug the hole. Believe in the Note, gang.

Reactions: mike1320

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I'm hoping it's tomorrow that we see him in but it will be soon I think.
I don't know. Chief has work perfectly in some areas, like keeping Sanford in while we're demanding chance, but in this case its so different. We are forced at this point either go trade for get real shutdown dmen or do it old fashion way, try out what we've.

Chief has tried after Jbo out
#1 Faulk which obviously didn't work out
#2 Gunnar, he did played 1 period with Parayko. I give him better paper than Faulk.

So it could leave Chief believes in vet like Gunnar and stick with him.

Code:
Dunn - Pietro
Gunnar - Parayko
Faulk - Bortuzzo

I'm just trying to figure out what path Chief is trying to go here.

Maybe it could be Bortuzzo out and not Gunnar. its not like Gunnar is super bad or Bortuzzo, but some solution have to break down, 'cus there is only 9 days to TDL.

Code:
Dunn - Pietro
Gunnar - Parayko
Mikkola - Faulk

But I would prefer
Code:
Faulk - Pietro
Mikkola - Parayko
Dunn - Bortuzzo

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I don't know. Chief has work perfectly in some areas, like keeping Sanford in while we're demanding chance, but in this case its so different. We are forced at this point either go trade for get real shutdown dmen or do it old fashion way, try out what we've.

Chief has tried after Jbo out
#1 Faulk which obviously didn't work out
#2 Gunnar, he did played 1 period with Parayko. I give him better paper than Faulk.

So it could leave Chief believes in vet like Gunnar and stick with him.

Code:
Dunn - Pietro
Gunnar - Parayko
Faulk - Bortuzzo

I'm just trying to figure out what path Chief is trying to go here.

Maybe it could be Bortuzzo out and not Gunnar. its not like Gunnar is super bad or Bortuzzo, but some solution have to break down, 'cus there is only 9 days to TDL.

Code:
Dunn - Pietro
Gunnar - Parayko
Mikkola - Faulk

But I would prefer
Code:
Faulk - Pietro
Mikkola - Parayko
Dunn - Bortuzzo

We just had the dad's trip and of course knew Chief would initially give the minutes to Gunnar after Bo went out. It's playing out during an extended slump so I'm expecting Chief to pull Gunnar out for Mikkola very soon here. Not sure how much longer we can go looking so terrible in our zone before getting him in there and seeing what he can do.

I'd put him with Parayko when we do put him in. He's perfect as a stylistic match for replacing Bo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad