GDT: Defending Stanley Cup Champs St. Louis Blues vs. Nashville|Get Outta Da Slump|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
They will lose tomorrow so don't watch.
giphy.gif

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
They will lose tomorrow so don't watch.

You think so?

Probably.

This team is in a nose dive and nobody sees it. SC Champion glasses still on.

I haven't see anything that looks like a sustained team effort physically and mentally in months.

mike1320

another big fat one goal loss. down by a goal with under a min left, lets pass it back n forth along the blue line lolol. ya army its time for a shakeup buddy, team doesnt wanna play and commit to Defense anymore and quite honestly the goaltending is also part of the problem.

i think the best thing that can happen to this team is for the avs to take over the division lead. maybe they will decide to stop coasting and start playing solid defensive hockey again,
A shakeup? I'm glad you're not the GM of this team.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
This string of losses is getting depressing. I hope The Blues can come back and win convincingly tomorrow, so they can realise that they can go on with the season. It's discouraging because even though they didn't have their full attention in any of the games, they were in most of them all the way, and COULD have won them. I hope this rough period doesn't end up keeping them from getting the top seeding in The Western Conference. Not being able to concentrate on playing their game doesn't help Jay. It would help him more for them to return to playing with an edge, confidence, and killer instinct.

Last edited:
Reactions: dutchblues

Schwartz17

Jan 19, 2020
Would love to hear an explanation as to why play went on after Barbashev was down for so long. Also, why wait till the 3rd to put your whistles away? FFS

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
What's our record in the last 11?
nah dont point that out and be insufferable, its just a hangover!!!

11 straight games of 3+ goals allowed, ya thats the recipe for success on how to win in the playoffs. you see tons of 6-5 and 5-4 games!

this team sucks since jan 1, it isnt a hangover. its bad habits becoming the norm, a lack of checking and team defense from 5 man unit and our goaltenders sucking ass and not making big saves.

Reactions: AjaxManifesto

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
I wish we could scratch our entire defense tomorrow. Becoming disgraceful.
I’m all for scratching Petro, his defense sucks. Great that he puts up offensive numbers. Time to get rid of overpaid offensive defensemen that score but not defend!!! Petro can pass, but can’t clear his own zone when pressured!!! Don’t overpay him Blues!!!!

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
Crazy. When the other team has an empty net, they're always buzzing and my heart is in my throat. But when we have en empty net, we can't even get a shot on goal.
You forgot about Petro’s floater when he was wide open after a perfect face off win.

Until 27 is off the ice in these type of situations then nothing will change

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
No Sunny, Tarasenko, or JayBo. Still in 1st place mid-Feb while in the middle of a massive Stanley Cup hangover. You guys are insufferable.
While I like keeping things in perspective, we're scoring goals. So missing Tarasenko sucks, but they've persevered. The team can not defend.....they struggled with Jbo and 1 forward should not be make or break. They've just been bad. With that said....it isnt the end of the word...I'd rather them lose close games as opposed to just getting torched.

Bluenatic

Fresh start
Aug 13, 2010
STL
Blues need to dedicate entire practices to passing. Goaltending needs to be above average from here on. I think their confidence has been dinged. You could tell from the interviews from January last year onto the beginning of this season, these guys know they are great. Seems they may be questioning themselves recently. Except Sandford lol

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
While I like keeping things in perspective, we're scoring goals. So missing Tarasenko sucks, but they've persevered. The team can not defend.....they struggled with Jbo and 1 forward should not be make or break. They've just been bad. With that said....it isnt the end of the word...I'd rather them lose close games as opposed to just getting torched.
no it just a hangover man, dont be insufferable and speak the truth.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
The last thing I want to see is that idiot Mike Rupp be proven right and the Blues don't make the playoffs.

But the cushion is gone. If they keep playing this way they will drop to the Central Division cellar over the next month.

Reactions: TheDizee

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
I’m all for scratching Petro, his defense sucks. Great that he puts up offensive numbers. Time to get rid of overpaid offensive defensemen that score but not defend!!! Petro can pass, but can’t clear his own zone when pressured!!! Don’t overpay him Blues!!!!
He isn’t even that great of a passer overall and only scores when he pinches down low....which is all of the time. Then that leaves a forward back to cover and Faulk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad