GDT: Defending Stanley Cup Champions St. Louis Blues vs. Washington Capitals -- Flags Fly Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mar 6, 2012
So the game is on NBCSN... when does the banner raising ceremony start? I'm worried they won't play the whole thing...

Reactions: RORbacon and Bendak

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
When it comes to an agitators like Tom Wilson — who do we have now that Edmundson is gone? I suspect we will have this conversation several times this season. Not complaining — just a thought. Happy we have our SC team back.

LGB :blues
The same people we had when Ed was here and unable to adequately play on the top pairing.

Wilson plays with Ovi on their top line so given Eddy's play last year I would not be eager about having him on the ice any of the time Wilson was out there. Bortz is just as capable (if not more capable) of being willing to fight a guy like Wilson and ultimately getting rag dolled.

Reactions: RORbacon and Bendak

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I fully expect the Blues to get waxed tonight after a long, emotional, incredible banner raising. I couldn't care less. The Cup defense officially starts tonight, but let's be honest about why tickets are so expensive tonight: our fans are there to watch a Cup banner go into the rafters. There is a game happening, but tonight is the final culmination of a celebration. We didn't get to raise the Cup at home. Tonight is the first time the Cup will be on the ice in St. Louis in front of our fans.

Tonight is a celebration and then after that the team has to go play a hockey game. A win would be great. But a 6-0 drubbing will be quickly forgotten while that banner stays in the rafters for the rest of those players' lives.

That's not the speech Berube is giving in the locker room, but it is the reality. For the first time in my life, the thing I'm most looking forward to for the start of the hockey season is the pre-game ceremony. And I'm going to enjoy every second of it no matter what happens after.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
As we begin this new season, take one more moment to reflect on this legendary summer.
YEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE'RE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS! f*** YEAH! f***ING A, MAN! STANLEY CUP f***ING CHAMPIONS! f*** ALL THOSE f***ERS WHO THREW SHIT ON US BECAUSE WE NEVER WON ANYTHING, f*** 'EM ALL! THEY DON'T LIKE IT, THEY CAN ALL SHUT THE f*** UP AND KISS OUR MOTHERf***ING ASS! WE'RE THE GODDAMN STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS, BABY! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There, I think that's an appropriate reflection.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Funny you mention it but he's picking the Blues to repeat.
1g1o85.gif

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
YEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE'RE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS! **** YEAH! ****ING A, MAN! STANLEY CUP ****ING CHAMPIONS! **** ALL THOSE ****ERS WHO THREW **** ON US BECAUSE WE NEVER WON ANYTHING, **** 'EM ALL! THEY DON'T LIKE IT, THEY CAN ALL SHUT THE **** UP AND KISS OUR MOTHER****ING ASS! WE'RE THE GODDAMN STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS, BABY! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is what should be on the Stanley Cup banner.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Any word on who the normal anthem singer is going to be? I know the trombone guys won the contest but I thought that was only for a game or two.

Reactions: Bendak

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Remember this from last season?

Yes Ranksu, we all remember. Why even post it? It’s not like we all the sudden forgot.

Anyways, what a different feel to start the season than any other year. Definitely an odd feeling but will be good to see our team back on the ice and how they respond to being #1.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Yes Ranksu, we all remember. Why even post it? It’s not like we all the sudden forgot.

Anyways, what a different feel to start the season than any other year. Definitely an odd feeling but will be good to see our team back on the ice and how they respond to being #1.
Eh, why I can't post it?

I love Pange is back! :bb:

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
Any word on who the normal anthem singer is going to be? I know the trombone guys won the contest but I thought that was only for a game or two.
I hope they have rotating singers, like give 40+ people the oppurtunity to do it every year. Unforgettable experience for all those individuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad