GDT: Defending Stanley Cup Champ St. Louis Blues vs. Pittsburgh| You Again?| NBCSN|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mar 6, 2012
The worst is losing on national tv and listening to the hyperbolic nonsensical nbc talking heads.

Did you guys know that the Penguins are missing some players? I’m not sure if they mentioned that or not.

Reactions: jura

Bun Cook

Sep 28, 2017
The nhl has always been run by monkeys. That explains the goalie interference call and how it was upheld.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Tough one. Boys looked tired, and nothing was bouncing our way.

PK was great. Even tho they didn't get the results they wanted, I thought there was some good movement on the PP.

On to the next.

Zizzle

Oct 29, 2019
That goalie interference was a joke he barely touched the goalie. Was Schwartz even in the crease?

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
Can't win them all but I sure hate losing like that.

Zero composure with the puck tonight by anyone.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
4-1 in our last 5 games, we're fine. No need for this amount of gloom after one bad game.

Yeah, we were due for a let-down game. Not surprised it happened here, as the Pens didn't wanna lose to us twice in a week. Better to happen here than against the ChickenHawks.

Not a great effort from most of the team, but with the way they have been playing I think we can cut them some slack. Forget about it because we have a tough matchup on Saturday night. At least Binny was sharp.

Reactions: mk80

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
That is an absolutely stupid comment. Goalies take close to a week off (~5 days) all the time within seasons. 2 more days won’t make a difference and we see evidence of this with a guy like Allen himself.

Not to mention you should always ride the hot goalie that just posted a shutout.

If you can’t deal with a week off, you aren’t made for the NHL. Luckily Binnington wouldn’t be affected by it and you’re talking out of your ass.

You should only ever sit a goalie on back to backs and if they request some off time. You do not do anything to f*** with their mental game that they do not want you to do. If Binny wants to play then you play him and shut out Allen be damned.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I kind of understand why we look today so tired. 8th of our 12th forwards played PK and 9th Sanford played 0:21 PK too, only Thomas, Perron and Walker weren't used at PK.

Perron, Schenn, Pietro and ROR all played over 6min at PP, Schwartz played 5:45 at powerplay.

Sidenote guy who we acquire to save our powerplay, Faulk played 0 sec. at powerplay.

St. Louis Blues - Pittsburgh Penguins - December 4th, 2019

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Meh, these games are going to happen. The team has been traveling a lot. I think I heard Chris Kerber say last night that in the last 35 days the Blues have only had 6 days where they were at home and didn't have a game. That's pretty brutal.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Oh and get Eddy O off the air. He called that soccer dive in the 3rd a savvy veteran play!!!! He also thought the goalie interference call was a good call lol
You'd think that Eddie's bout with cancer and his becoming healthy again would be a life-changing experience that would make him realise that his hatred of The Blues and resultant prejudice against them in his professional commentary is petty, and so, he'd stop it completely, and call plays as they really are. It's difficult for me to understand why his hatred runs so deep. I'd understand it more IF The Blues had dominated The Hawks much more than vice versa during his tenure with them. But, It seems to me it was more the other way. So there shouldn't have been any jealousy involved. So I guess it must have been The Blues constantly beating up his team physically. :dunno:

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I kind of understand why we look today so tired. 8th of our 12th forwards played PK and 9th Sanford played 0:21 PK too, only Thomas, Perron and Walker weren't used at PK.

Perron, Schenn, Pietro and ROR all played over 6min at PP, Schwartz played 5:45 at powerplay.

Sidenote guy who we acquire to save our powerplay, Faulk played 0 sec. at powerplay.

St. Louis Blues - Pittsburgh Penguins - December 4th, 2019
That was a big part of it, and why they weren't able to catch up once they were down 2-0.

But, The Blues came out flat to start the game, and got behind instantly, after only 39 seconds on a freak play (no fault of their own). THAT gave The Pens the adrenaline rush momentum, which was built upon by their lucky break 3rd goal. The Blues didn't let the quick goal against bother them, because they still had the same swagger that they had coming out onto the ice from the start of the game, which came from the feeling "We won The Stanley Cup! We are the best team in The NHL! We shut out The Blackhawks without breaking a sweat, coasting all evening! All we have to do is step out onto the ice and we win games! By the time The Blues were alarmed, it was 2-0, and they couldn't seem to get into their normal game, partly because they were tired from the penalties and playing defence so much in their own zone, and the rest from the hard and determined play of The Pens, who had been encouraged by their success up to that point. Hockey is a game of energy, emotion and momentum. Momentum is fragile it can turn on a dime, and stay with a team energised by it.

All of this is why no matter how dominant an NHL team is over a season, or a long series, ANY NHL team can beat that dominant team (or even give it a sound thrashing) on a given night. And the dominant team and its fans should just shrug it off, forget it, and move on, as it doesn't mean all that much in the overall scheme of things.

(have I exceeded my quota of cliches and tired sayings?) :innocent:

Last edited:
Reactions: Ranksu and TK 421

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Oh well games like this are going to happen. Can't win them all.

Positives
- Binny played really well despite the goals given up.
- Schenn was our most dangerous offensive player tonight
- Barbashev played a strong game

Negatives
- Defensive zone exits were a mess all night
- Perron was awful with the puck tonight. Very poor decision making.
- Thomas was a turnover machine tonight, was being way to cute with puck.

I was looking at his stats, and while I wasn't expecting him to take a monumental step forward with this being only his 2nd season, he's trending to almost identically replicate last seasons stat-line. I was hoping to see some increase in production, and maybe it will still come by year-end, he hasn't taken that 'next' step yet which is discouraging. Part of it is Berube's usage of him at wing instead of center, and part of it is his teammates failing to capitalize on some of his filthy passes. But for every whiffed-pass his teammates make, there's a bad decision being made with the puck or a needless turnover. Hopefully this is the sophomore-slump, and he's poised for a breakout in the next season or two.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Thomas is gonna be fine. I haven’t felt this confident about a prospect since... Tarasenko?... Pietrangelo? He can play, just learning the rules of his new domain right now.
tumblr_p0in5tvvOD1tpri36o1_500.png

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Thomas is gonna be fine. I haven’t felt this confident about a prospect since... Tarasenko?... Pietrangelo? He can play, just learning the rules of his new domain right now.
Yeah he’s already the best passer on the team by a large margin. He is also one of the better skaters on the team.

Too much talent and he also seems like a very smart/level-headed kid.

I’m not worried about him at all. He’s 20 and a fine player. He’ll only get better.

DeuceNine

Like You Read About
Aug 6, 2006
Stymieville
The worst is losing on national tv and listening to the hyperbolic nonsensical nbc talking heads.

Did you guys know that the Penguins are missing some players? I’m not sure if they mentioned that or not.
LOL, as if we aren't missing a ton as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad