GDT: Defending Stanley Cup Champ St. Louis Blues vs. Pittsburgh| You Again?| NBCSN|

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
When: Wednesday, Dec. 4 at 7 p.m. CT
Where: PPG Paints Arena
Watch: NBC Sports Network, NBC Sports App
Listen: 101 ESPN, NHL App
cut.jpg

Schwartz-Schenn-Walker
Sanford-O'Reilly-Perron
Barbashev-Bozak-Thomas
Macmac-De la rose-Brouwer

Parayko - Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester - Faulk
Dunn - Bortuzzo

Binnington

VS.

:pens
Guentzel-Malkin-Simon
Galchenyuk-McCann-Noesen
Tanev-Blueger-Kahun
Ashton-Reese-Blandisi-Lafferty

Johnson-Letang
Pettersson-Marino
Riikola-Ruhwedel

Murray

From the Blues' site:
"The defending Stanley Cup champions are coming off their fourth consecutive win (4-0 at Chicago on Monday) and have collected points in 10 consecutive road games (8-0-2). If they get at least one point on Wednesday night in Pittsburgh, the club will tie a franchise record with points in 11 consecutive road games, a mark previously set in the 1999-2000 season (10-0-1)."

Go Blues
200.gif

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Last year, this was the game immediately after the embarrassment in Ottawa. The Blues dominated the game at a time when Pittsburgh was playing very well.

I keep going into games thinking, “This is the game where the depth players’ lack of skill is going to catch up with us.” But then we have a hungry Binnington back in net (I presume) so I think the team will perform well. I won’t be surprised if they alternate starts for a while during this stretch. It’s sensible when Allen is playing well and the schedule is this compressed.

Reactions: mk80

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Man I’d love to see what Thomas could do 5v5 with perron and ROR. Would be an absolute possession monster

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Last year, this was the game immediately after the embarrassment in Ottawa. The Blues dominated the game at a time when Pittsburgh was playing very well.

I keep going into games thinking, “This is the game where the depth players’ lack of skill is going to catch up with us.” But then we have a hungry Binnington back in net (I presume) so I think the team will perform well. I won’t be surprised if they alternate starts for a while during this stretch. It’s sensible when Allen is playing well and the schedule is this compressed.

I think you'll see Binnington get the next two with Allen getting the game in Buffalo and the Hawks game back home. After that my guess is that Allen will get LA and we'll take it by ear from there.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I honestly would have played Allen again tonight. But hopefully Binner has a good game.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I honestly would have played Allen again tonight. But hopefully Binner has a good game.
I think playing Binny is 100% the correct move. Playing Allen tonight would mean a full week off for Binny. No need to let him accumulate that much rust. He's had 3 days off since his last start and will get 2 days off before his next start. That's a nice balance of rest and staying sharp. Playing Allen again vs Buffalo next week would give him another 4 days off before a busy home stand. I don't want may starter playing less than this:

Game
3 days off
Game
2 days off
Game
4 days off

That's just 3 games in 12 days.

Allen is playing well, but Binny has put up a .929 or better in 4 of his last 5 starts with an overall .949 in that stretch. He shouldn't be getting fewer games than Allen

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
He's been underwhelming since moving back to the wing IMO.

Yeah, I would tend to agree. There were flashes of excellence with Jaden & Brayden but it didn't really click overall. If he can help kickstart that 3rd line then that might be the most beneficial place for him for now. It's a shame that Sunny got injured because he was looking pretty good with Bozie and Thomas for that short time they were together.

I can't imagine the Pens will be as flat as they were last week, so hope the boys are ready tonight!

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I think playing Binny is 100% the correct move. Playing Allen tonight would mean a full week off for Binny. No need to let him accumulate that much rust. He's had 3 days off since his last start and will get 2 days off before his next start. That's a nice balance of rest and staying sharp. Playing Allen again vs Buffalo next week would give him another 4 days off before a busy home stand. I don't want may starter playing less than this:

Game
3 days off
Game
2 days off
Game
4 days off

That's just 3 games in 12 days.

Allen is playing well, but Binny has put up a .929 or better in 4 of his last 5 starts with an overall .949 in that stretch. He shouldn't be getting fewer games than Allen
Rust after a week off? Lol.

Binnington has played a lot of hockey since January. Giving him that time off would be more beneficial than negative.

MissouriMook

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Allen doesn't play home games.
I think they will continue to try to get Allen his starts on the road, but I don't think you will see Binnington play 40 games at home this year. At some point the workload has to trump the idea that a guy can only perform on the road. I think his last few starts have earned Allen some benefit of the doubt as well.

MissouriMook

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
He's been underwhelming since moving back to the wing IMO.
At this point, based on what I've seen this year, I think getting Thomas back to C should be more of a priority than getting him playing with better players. The difference has been night and day. Even if it has to be centering Sanford and Barbashev, I'd like to see Thomas moved back to the middle.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
At this point, based on what I've seen this year, I think getting Thomas back to C should be more of a priority than getting him playing with better players. The difference has been night and day. Even if it has to be centering Sanford and Barbashev, I'd like to see Thomas moved back to the middle.

Thomas is fire at center. It's the best he's looked in the NHL.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Rust after a week off? Lol.

Binnington has played a lot of hockey since January. Giving him that time off would be more beneficial than negative.
There are zero starting NHL goaltenders who want to take a week off in-season. You absolutely start losing game timing at the one week mark. Suggesting otherwise is absurd. Is a starter suddenly going to be terrible with a week off? Of course not. Is he going to lose any and all of the groove he was in? Of Course.

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
When: Wednesday, Dec. 4 at 7 p.m. CT
Where: PPG Paints Arena
Watch: NBC Sports Network, NBC Sports App
Listen: 101 ESPN, NHL App
cut.jpg

Schwartz-Schenn-Walker
Sanford-O'Reilly-Perron
Barbashev-Bozak-Thomas
Macmac-De la rose-Brouwer

Parayko - Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester - Faulk
Dunn - Bortuzzo

Binnington

VS.

:pens
Guentzel-Malkin-Simon
Galchenyuk-McCann-Noesen
Tanev-Blueger-Kahun
Ashton-Reese-Blandisi-Lafferty

Johnson-Letang
Pettersson-Marino
Riikola-Ruhwedel

Murray

From the Blues' site:
"The defending Stanley Cup champions are coming off their fourth consecutive win (4-0 at Chicago on Monday) and have collected points in 10 consecutive road games (8-0-2). If they get at least one point on Wednesday night in Pittsburgh, the club will tie a franchise record with points in 11 consecutive road games, a mark previously set in the 1999-2000 season (10-0-1)."

Go Blues
200.gif

I heard gunnar is back. Ithink the d pairings are
gunnar petro
Bouw parayko
Dunn faulk

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Doc Emrick - yay
Eddie O - Booo.

Honestly though Eddie O has become slightly more bearable since the Blackhawks have fallen off a cliff. He has to be saddened that he can't shoehorn the Hawks into every conversation even at games where Chicago weren't playing.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Shame betting sites haven't update their goalscorer bets. Cant choose Walker for goalscorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad