Defence Next Year

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Irwin as 4-6 guy I would not mind...but we have a plethora of those already, plus some kids I would rather see step into those minutes. we need a solid partner for EJ...Sekera etc ideally, and someone like Oduya for Barrie to rely on. If all else fails, the Oduya type can slide up with EJ, and we can re-up Hejda for the second pairing. The kids can fight for the scraps and inevitable injury minutes, with at least one becoming a regular this year.

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
Martin would be great. However, what would make him want to come to the West for the first time in his career to a team that missed the playoffs? We would have to throw unnecessary money at him

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Paul Martin would not be great. He wore down by like game 60 this year and he isn't even that old. He looked terrible for the final quarter of the season. I want nothing to do with him honestly unless he signs a 2 year deal but he has no reason to do that at this point in his career. Somebody will offer him 5.5x5 and I pray to god it isn't us.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Well I'm just trying to fathom how he made $5 million/year the last time he signed, and he's 34 now. If he signs for $5 million this time around, that's Orpik style levels of horrible.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
One of the bigger factors with him for me is that he's also still pretty young at only 27, and has only been in the league a couple of years. I think he still has room to grow a bit in the league, and he's someone we could have around for 4-5 years as a #4/5 guy rather than only a couple of years that we'd get with Beauchemin/Martin/Erhoff

Are you describing Irwin or Holden with this passage :-p

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Well I'm just trying to fathom how he made $5 million/year the last time he signed, and he's 34 now. If he signs for $5 million this time around, that's Orpik style levels of horrible.

To be fair to Orpik, he looked better this year than he has any year I've ever seen him play. Where as with regard to Paul Martin, he looked utterly atrocious in the games I watched near the end of the season and during the playoffs for Pittsburgh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad