Declining Weise?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
But...he already exceeded 20 points twice...

Because he had a coach who gifted him bigger role on team then his talent dictates and Habs lack of offensive talent meant someone had to score

If you put Jeff Hamilton in NHL top 9 and some PP time he also produces points ,, Doesn't make him an actual NHL talent

Dale Weise is a below average 4th liner ,, His play in NY , Van , Chi and Phi show this

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Therrien is an awful coach, one who thrusts bad players into great opportunities in some strange attempt to spread their imaginary depth around. Look no further than their lines for tonight:

Pacioretty-Danault-Radulov
Byron-Mitchell-Gallagher

Paul Byron and Phillip Danault are going to put up career high numbers this year, actually Danault already has.

Riding shotgun with either of MaxPac or Gallagher is a pretty good gig.

...in which getting the most out of the players on your roster is somehow used as an example of bad coaching.

You realize Danault and Mitchell are where they are in that lineup because Galchenyuk and Desharnais are hurt, right? Who else was Therrien supposed to put there? Plekanec and his 2 goals?

Danault put up "career numbers" this year because his previous career high was 10. He would have beaten those numbers under any coach just by virtue of being a full-time NHLer this year for the first time. He is only 23 after all.

Pacioretty was garbage the first month of the season, Gallagher has like 2 goals in his last 20 games. If you think either of those guys are driving the numbers of anyone else, you should take in a game once in a while. Gallagher pumping other players' numbers up like he's Crosby or McDavid, now I've heard it all.

Because he had a coach who gifted him bigger role on team then his talent dictates and Habs lack of offensive talent meant someone had to score

If you put Jeff Hamilton in NHL top 9 and some PP time he also produces points ,, Doesn't make him an actual NHL talent

Dale Weise is a below average 4th liner ,, His play in NY , Van , Chi and Phi show this

...none of that changes the fact that he still scored more than 20 points twice. Which makes calling the guy a "max 20 point player" rather silly indeed.

Last edited:

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I think at some point when the Flyers offense inevitably have a dry stretch, Weise might be a guy to provide you spark. I mean he can be pretty effective at least for a short period of time playing with skilled players, but so far he hasn't had the opportunity to do that.

Honestly i thought he'd play there with Voracek and Giroux from time to time, but hasn't happened so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad