Decision Time Coming for Erik Gudbranson

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
This was the thing that I dreaded most about losing Tryamkin to Russia. We're going to continue the Gudbranson experiment because of it, aren't we?

Chubros

Dec 9, 2011
I think judgement needs to be reserved until this guy comes back healthy.

Very early last year, preseason plus the first handful of games, he looked good; he was using his size effectively and his first passes were good. And he brought some toughness to the team that was sorely lacking. Then quite early he looked like a different player - slow to move the puck.

Was it just a small sample size early in the season or was it the injury? I'm not sure exactly when he got hurt - but a wrist injury would definitely hamper ones ability to make plays with the puck.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
I think judgement needs to be reserved until this guy comes back healthy.

Very early last year, preseason plus the first handful of games, he looked good; he was using his size effectively and his first passes were good. And he brought some toughness to the team that was sorely lacking. Then quite early he looked like a different player - slow to move the puck.

Was it just a small sample size early in the season or was it the injury? I'm not sure exactly when he got hurt - but a wrist injury would definitely hamper ones ability to make plays with the puck.

He looked better to start the year because Tanev/Edler were healthy giving him cushier minutes. Once they went down he got exposed.

I'm honestly not sure what people are expecting out of him next year with this whole patience thing. He's gonna be another overpaid no offense defensive D who can't handle opponents best players.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
This was the thing that I dreaded most about losing Tryamkin to Russia. We're going to continue the Gudbranson experiment because of it, aren't we?

You got it....thing about Tryamkin is that he could play either the left or right side, and looking comfortable doing it....as a right-shot d-man Gudbranson is automatically penciled in for big minutes....it's a scary thing to contemplate.

Petrichor

Jan 25, 2017
Trading Tanev for anything short of overpayment would be a huge mistake. Expect to see the Canucks blown out many times when we do

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad