Post-Game Talk: Death by Powerplay. 4-2 Leafs Lose

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Bernier: 0-8-1, .888
Reimer: 7-3-4, .934

Bernier has 1 win in the last 19 appearances.

I don't know how anyone can think for one split second that Reimer is an inferior goaltender to Bernier. This is the same team, people. The difference in results is goaltending. If it was just lack of goal support, then Bernier would have more than 1 OTL.

Of course, we knew the Bernier trade was ****ing garbage the season it happened: Bernier put up .922 in 14GP in '12-13, while Scrivens followed up in the same duty with a .931 in 19GP. Again, we're talking about the same team. The difference is skill. Bernier is less skilled than Scrivens. And Scrivens is playing in the AHL.

We traded down from a real student of the game and Cornell educated backup to an idiot who didn't know who Nelson Mandela was.

People laugh but I defended and maintained that Reimer and Scrivens are both pretty good. I don't think they are elite but they are NHL level. I would trade Bernier away for Scrivens back at this point.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
People laugh but I defended and maintained that Reimer and Scrivens are both pretty good. I don't think they are elite but they are NHL level. I would trade Bernier away for Scrivens back at this point.

why on earth would you trade a backup goalie for a back up goalie?

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Bernier: 0-8-1, .888
Reimer: 7-3-4, .934

Bernier has 1 win in the last 19 appearances.

I don't know how anyone can think for one split second that Reimer is an inferior goaltender to Bernier. This is the same team, people. The difference in results is goaltending. If it was just lack of goal support, then Bernier would have more than 1 OTL.

Of course, we knew the Bernier trade was ****ing garbage the season it happened: Bernier put up .922 in 14GP in '12-13, while Scrivens followed up in the same duty with a .931 in 19GP. Again, we're talking about the same team. The difference is skill. Bernier is less skilled than Scrivens. And Scrivens is playing in the AHL.

We traded down from a real student of the game and Cornell educated backup to an idiot who didn't know who Nelson Mandela was.

Strong logic there.... :shakehead

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto

Scrivens isn't even a backup. He's in the AHL now, after losing an NHL spot to Talbot and Nilsson.

Bernier's contract is short term, when we don't need the cash. He's massively underplaying his contract right now, but he's still better going forward than the $1-1.5M backups that get signed every offseason.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

Let Reimer do his thing with someone familiar, who doesn't expect the starter position.

If a team is willing to trade for Bernier at this point the pick or whatever is more important of course. I run with the assumption here nobody wants him but a desperate team who feel they can revive him.

We could probably get Scrivens for next to nothing anyways or someone else. When the worst case scenario is a shot at a great player, who cares.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Let Reimer do his thing with someone familiar, who doesn't expect the starter position.

If a team is willing to trade for Bernier at this point the pick or whatever is more important of course. I run with the assumption here nobody wants him but a desperate team who feel they can revive him.

We could probably get Scrivens for next to nothing anyways or someone else. When the worst case scenario is a shot at a great player, who cares.

i do not agree with you on this at. all.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
I don't see the point in trading Bernier at his lowest point of his career. It's not like we're at the cap and dying for space -- ride Reimer throughout his hot streak and give Bernier time to get his **** together. He's a better goalie then what hes shown lately, I feel like we can all agree on this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad