TV: Deadwood Movie Announced (HBO)

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
Wonderful.

That was a very well done re-union and finally a closure we've all longed for. I loved how it just seemed to not miss much of a beat, after 13 years it seemed to seamlessly bring back that old Deadwood feeling. Seemed like pretty much the entire original cast made it back?

The only unfortunate thing about this movie is that it made me miss the show and the characters all the more.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Wonderful.

That was a very well done re-union and finally a closure we've all longed for. I loved how it just seemed to not miss much of a beat, after 13 years it seemed to seamlessly bring back that old Deadwood feeling. Seemed like pretty much the entire original cast made it back?

The only unfortunate thing about this movie is that it made me miss the show and the characters all the more.

Yeah was amazing how much of the cast they got back and it’d probably why some characters weren’t seen as much once they had a limited schule

It was an amazing sendoff but like you said it makes me miss them even more now

Hopefully it’ll convince HBO to greenlit another but I doubt it

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Just saw it last night. Good ending to a great series, and it made sure it was the final. Now I want to re-watch the series.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Is it just me or did some of the dialogue sound extra weird?

Like, I know the dialogue on Deadwood has been one if it’s lauded qualities but Trixie literally said “Not himself, Al aint”

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010

Like, I know the dialogue on Deadwood has been one if it’s lauded qualities but Trixie literally said “Not himself, Al aint”

When Trixie goes into labour, Sol says "Ready for the doc, we are?"
Some of it did seem a bit much.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011

It's a bit heavy on the quasi Shakespearean side, but I liked it.

The last line saved me from crying by making me laugh so hard. Great finale.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003

I actually thought this at a couple of points too. I almost chalked it up to just me being out of its rhythm, so to speak, since it's such a distinct thing. But I've watched the series through a few times and re-did season 3 recently so it's not like my ear wasn't attuned to it ...

Overall, a poignant and fitting finale. True to the characters and the spirit. Well done.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica

It wasn't just you. It was like a mashup of Shakespeare in the park and Mamet.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
It's rough seeing all these shows come to a close. GoT, Avengers, and Deadwood within weeks of one another. Not even sure what I am looking forward to except Black Mirror.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Seems like a lot of it was flashbacks and some of the cast had issues with their usage.

I wouldn't say a lot of it was flashbacks, but they had some in there for sure. I didn't mind as it served as a refresher for a plot that started 15 years ago. Didn't think they overdid it at all.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Had to scroll right past everything cause I just started this show. As in I just started episode 2 back from work.

Does the lady with Hicock ever get less annoying? Her tough guy act feels so forced.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Jane? I thought she was annoying at first too, but she kind of grew on me as the series progressed.
She's just incredibly hammy in her performance. Like the ability for dramatic acting is there but she's so often bouncing from melodramatic to chip on the shoulder tough to sanctimoniously defiant. I'm two episodes in and every second of her screen time is just too much.

I hope you're right about her.

Reactions: SniperHF

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Had to scroll right past everything cause I just started this show. As in I just started episode 2 back from work.

Does the lady with Hicock ever get less annoying? Her tough guy act feels so forced.

She's amazing in that role. Not to many of her kind back then, so her tough guy act was forced

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
She's amazing in that role. Not to many of her kind back then, so her tough guy act was forced
Yeah I can see that argument. I've just seen strong female characters done better. The chip on the shoulder element makes it a little better I suppose, but this early on it's pretty hard to watch anyway.

Reactions: bobbythebrain

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad