GDT: Deadline Day 2016- It's Happening!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Definitely an improvement on Glass and brings same physical element, yet better.

Glass is such an ineffective hitter it's hilarious that he's even in the league considering that's his main "skill" as a player.

Can't do anything to improve the team without making sure AV's buddy is safe first.

Maroon does a lot of things well, underrated player having a tough year.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Definitely an improvement on Glass and brings same physical element, yet better.

Glass is such an ineffective hitter it's hilarious that he's even in the league considering that's his main "skill" as a player.

Can't do anything to improve the team without making sure AV's buddy is safe first.

it's really pathetic.

but on the other hand we probably could not meet those conditions. the most we could offer is a 3rd and a throwaway prospect, maybe an additional 5th/6th... Still would have been worth it either way.

I'll be pissed about Glass being here if it means he is still seeing ice time. There's so much depth on this roster that I cannot possibly find any excuse that puts Glass ahead of any of those depth options.

The lowest guys on the totem pole are Glass, Stalberg, Lindberg, Hrivik, and Fast... When you factor that Kreider is most likely getting bumped out of the top 6 and onto the 3rd line, then you can include him too...

Staal-Stepan-Nash
Miller-Brassard-Zuccarello

Bottom 6 can then be comprised of ANY of the following:

Kreider
Stalberg
Hayes
Lindberg
Fast
Moore
Hrivik
Megna
Glass

Those are JUST the players that have seen NHL ice this year on our roster that fit in a Bottom 6 roster spot.

Tell me how Glass is better than ANY of them other than maybe Megna... He's on par with Hrivik at best

Last edited:

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
it's really pathetic.

but on the other hand we probably could not meet those conditions. the most we could offer is a 3rd and a throwaway prospect, maybe an additional 5th/6th... Still would have been worth it either way.

I'll be pissed about Glass being here if it means he is still seeing ice time. There's so much depth on this roster that I cannot possibly find any excuse that puts Glass ahead of any of those depth options.

Truly amazing how that signing has crippled the 4th line for the most part. Between his ridiculous 1.5 million per and AV's love for him. Imagine if we could have gotten a maroon type or even a Winnik type to play on the 4th line with the depth we have

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Im going to bet that AV can :D

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
it's really pathetic.

early tweets said mid-rd pick and prospect. TSN just reporting mid-round pick. if it was just a 4th or a 5th, I don't know why we didn't try to work it. His cap hit super low, still under 30.

Lua

Nov 10, 2010
Troy
The only name that got thrown around at the end of the day that interested me was Maroon.

Here's hoping the Caps PP doesn't cut through us like butter in the playoffs

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Martin Gernat and a 4th for Maroon. Gernat a 5th rdr in 2011, ok numbers in AHL. Big Czech D, 22 years old.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I would have rather had Maroon for Hags than Etem.

I wanted Palmieri in that deal.

Maroon I am upset for missing out on much more than for example, Pirri. Weird how that worked out.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Conspiracy Theory.

Rangers called Toronto for a PK'er, (which AV repeatedly stated that he wanted), but Lou still is refusing to deal with the Rangers.

Which of course is a major pain because Toronto had all the available good PK'ers, and dealt one to Washington.

My two cents.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden

That along with adding Aleksi Saarela and Valentin Zykov, Carolina looking good in the near future.

They also have Aho, I bet they -- really really -- want to get Puljujarvi too, or Laine. Probably trying to tank hard from now on, and if they end up outside the top 3 I would bet that they would make a hard push for a top 3 pick at the draft.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Its certainly obvious GM's are working with the belief that the cap may not go up at all or very little. Plus with moves being made and a lot of ntc/nmc around the league I'm not surprised it was a dead day.

Yeah, and there are so many teams looking to make the POs, and the cap is driving the price down so selling/buying really didn't end up making that much sense...

Also, veterans really isn't that valuable in the game today. The NHL is a speed game right now, it's a ot skating, keeping the puck within the team, taking it to the net directly instead of going to the corner first and so forth. Othe player type that gives you that is usually not available at the TDL... It's perfectly possible that the "best" player traded this year will be DAVID PERRON (not counting in the potential of Seth Jones) when everything is said and done. I saw ANA the other day and he was great for them. Speed and skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad