GDT: DEADLINE DAAYYYYYYYY

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Does it matter what 'line' he's on. Our 3rd and 4th are interchangeable to Gallant. He plays the 4th more than the 3rd anyway

That’s when it was like chytil and Gauthier and Barron or Brodzinski. Whatever line Goodrow is on is the 3rd line and he’s going to play with the other top 9 players.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
iu
Yeah I had WAYY too much coffee this morning!

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
Hoping for Copp today and Dehaan. Rakell seems logical due to our scoring woes, but imo Copp would have a huge impact in the playoffs to help us squeeze teams defensively. Dehaan or kulak would just help get Nemeth out of the lineup.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
That’s when it was like chytil and Gauthier and Barron or Brodzinski. Whatever line Goodrow is on is the 3rd line and he’s going to play with the other top 9 players.
what we need to do is build a matchup line. It's hard to do that with Chytil and Strome in the middle 6

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Personally do not like the fit between Copp and this Rangers team. IMHO he's not even a good NHL center; like him much better on the wing, not unlike Goodrow.

Reactions: DanielBrassard

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Predictions for today:

In:
De Haan
Ryan Carpenter

Out: 2022 3rd
2023 4th

The big moves are going to be made at the draft or over the summer. Self rent Strome and getting Kakko and Rooney back are going to be the TDL acquisitions.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Personally do not like the fit between Copp and this Rangers team. IMHO he's not even a good NHL center; like him much better on the wing, not unlike Goodrow.
yeah that's true. he's the guy you sign instead of Goodrow lol. But he's not really the best fit especially since his cap hit is gonna be over 5M

Reactions: TheDirtyH

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
Why? Copp is a big bodied two way versatile forward? He’s also over 50 percent from the dots.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
Why? Copp is a big bodied two way versatile forward? He’s also over 50 percent from the dots.
He's a risk if you're bringing him in to be 2C, for sure. I think if he's coming in to play 3C, he's a fantastic fit. Just not sure how the cap works going forward.

MarkMessyay11

Jan 12, 2015
NJ
If our biggest post deadline addition is Kakko I think we'll have done alright. De Haan would be a good in a vacuum but DeHaan-Nemeth would be a brutal and inevitable pair.
I don’t think Schneider comes out of the lineup…Nemeth has played pretty well since having his baby, but Schneider has come too far to be put in the press box or back to HFD.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
It’s really hard not to see yanni gourde as a perfect fit.

He’s a win now player and Francis is a former nhl champion. He knows burying this guy in Seattle is a lousy thing to do

Replaces strome

Great cap hit even before the retention

Does it all. And fits perfectly next to goodrow for now

We’ve got quality and quality to move for him

As said above we need more match up centers behind Mika.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

He’s a win now player and Francis is a former nhl champion. He knows burying this guy in Seattle is a lousy thing to do

Replaces strome

It'd be great, but Seattle has to want to move him.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
D38A2364-9390-4A46-898D-538327B7F0E8.png

@WojtekWolski86 Yes and no!

I am not saying that it would be better for Schneider. What I did say was that it would help a PO run the most with the least means if we improved the 3rd pairing. As it is now we got a vet option at LD. I think Zac Jones is the closest of the kids to be consistent enough to play a full run today. To enable that, we need a vet option at RD. No other team can afford Subban, I recon he would be close to free. Our current 3rd pairing isn’t good enough. PK S-Zac J could be a solid pairing.

If you want to build for the future, putting a kid in the stands isn’t the best option.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
That's just my take watching him. Goodrow is also good on the faceoff dot, but he's more of a fit at wing than center.

The Jets have one of my favorite broadcasts so I've watched them more than most teams over the last few years. It's just my take from what I've seen. Copp's mostly played his best hockey in Winnipeg on either Lowry's wing in a shutdown role, or on Scheifle's wing in a scoring role. He's a a good straight ahead skater with a very good shot that he declines to use much. He's definitely a worker off the puck, but he's not great at making reads low in the zone and he doesn't know how to cover the ice east-west very well. He's not a great passer or puck handler, and he's not super strong with it on his stick.

On the wing, he's shoots more often, he maintains speed better, and he covers defensively better because he's not making many switches or relying on reads as often. JMHO, but I think Copp is a LW not a C.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

Ottawa might be buying him out this summer while he's still under the 1/3 clause. Get them to retain the buyout hit and deal him to us instead. Produced playing with Stone and Tkachuk and that's exactly what we need at 2C. A chippy, defensively aware center who is skilled enough to play with elite wingers.

Plus our track record with former Ottawa right-handed centers taken in the first round is impeccable.

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006

Replaces strome

If he's available, I am willing to pay the price. Chytil, Nils, 1st and Georgiev. Seattle retains a bit. I know some people will hate it but I think he's really a perfect fit right now.

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
Prediction for today:

Out: Chytil, Gauthier, Georgiev, Nils, Nemeth, Krav, First, Third
In: Garland, Copp, De Haan, Halak
That's a lot of new personalities in one dose. I wouldn't mess with the locker room that much.

This isn't like '94 when you had Messier and his Lieutenants I'm clear command of the room and ice. (From what I read recently, Keenan was a bystander.)

Reactions: Bacon Artemi Bravo

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Garland is interesting.

I can't in any way see Vancouver retaining for 4 more seasons. If not, again frustratingly raises the question...why not keep Buch?

Would also think it would take them out of a potential Kane sweepstakes in the summer or next TDL. Not sure they'd be willing to give that up.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
I have to admit, am I the only one who has never focused on Yanni Gourde's play during a game and have absolutely no idea why I'm just going along with the idea that we should give up everything for Gourde?

Reactions: Vaheh and TheDirtyH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad