GDT: DEADLINE DAAYYYYYYYY

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I feel for Vegas fans in a way. Not really their fault their owner’s a whack job that’s learning the hard way that this isn’t the NBA where you can build a pseudo all star team around 3 players and win.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
You'd expect the numbers to be more like one out of 16 though, which would come to like 74 players who should have won.

This is more like one out of 48.

It probably means the majority of renting is done by teams scrambling to make up ground on the favorites, which usually fails when the favorites still win the Cup.

It's in line with what I discovered as well as other than Tampa with Goodrow/Coleman 2 years ago, most recent winners rent very lightly.
Why 1 of 16? This stat is including all teams, not just playoff teams. Meaning it counts the players being sent to arizona and montreal who are building for future, not acquiring those players to try and win cup

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Central registry does not have the no trade list. Only the team does.
It was reported today that central registry had details regarding the ntc dating back to the Ottawa trade that led them to believe the trade Monday was valid, hence they approved the deal. I understand that they dont keep an active database on everyone but they are aware of clauses and such when they approve and process various trades otherwise they would have no oversight on anything.

Regardless it is obvious dadanov did nothing wrong and is the victim in all of this. I still expect him to get dealt to the coyotes within the week, it will no doubt cost Vegas more than they were paying in the ducks deal.

Last edited:

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
It was reported today that central registry had details regarding the ntc dating back to the Ottawa trade that led them to believe the trade Monday was valid, hence they approved the deal.

Regardless it is obvious dadanov did nothing wrong and is the victim in all of this. I still expect him to get dealt to the coyotes within the week, it will no doubt cost Vegas more than they were paying in the ducks deal.
The NHL would only think the trade was valid if they thought the NTC was void for the season, due to no NTC list submitted on time.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
The NHL would only think the trade was valid if they thought the NTC was void for the season, due to no NTC list submitted on time.
They thought the trade was valid "bc of something that happened on the ott vegas trade call" that was directly related to the ntc. If central registry didnt think the trade was valid from the start then they never would have initially approved it (which they did).

That being said I feel bad for dadanov, I dont think vegas did anything wrong here bc whatever the mixup here central registry was under the same impression initially.

Dadanov will most likely still get moved within a week so long as vegas doesnt continue losing. If they do continue losing they might as well just wait till the summer and deal with the cap mess.

This whole thing is such a mess

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad