Movies: DC's The Flash (starring Ezra Miller) - June 23rd, 2023

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don
That moronic shit in the trailer where he flies down and starts to kicking asses on the fly and then throws somebody down is so terrible that this makes Joel Schumacher look like a genius. Although I was excited of Schumacher's Batman as a kid

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

They let him off his leash to do stuff. I think they are seeing how and what he does before deciding his fate. They have had him in a net for 8 months. The movie has now grossed 250mill world wide. It is far enough from its release date he can no longer do damage

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
I liked the cameos especially Christopher Reeve and Helen Slater.

FyjWB_IXwAA70Hy

Reeve-Slater.jpg

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I liked the cameos especially Christopher Reeve and Helen Slater.

FyjWB_IXwAA70Hy

Reeve-Slater.jpg

Yeah apparently a lot of people felt the "cameos" were crimes against humanity, I thought they were kind of cool, but after seeing the backlash, I was starting to wonder about how terrible of a person I must be, glad to see there was at least one other person who enjoyed them, and now I am only tied for the worst person on earth

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Yeah apparently a lot of people felt the "cameos" were crimes against humanity, I thought they were kind of cool, but after seeing the backlash, I was starting to wonder about how terrible of a person I must be, glad to see there was at least one other person who enjoyed them, and now I am only tied for the worst person on earth
I enjoyed them as well. To me it was neat to see a broad representation of the many Supermans and Batmans in television and film over the decades.

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don
I am glad that in the comments to this video on YouTube there are some people who understand how bad it is.

Seriously, I would just slapping moronic faces of those who made it and ask them what they were thinking, is it so hard to grasp that the principle thing about Batman is that he does not fly and not have superhuman physical abilities? f***ing bastards!

Anyway, from the fact how awesome the graphic is either, one can assume that they probably wasn't invest much effort in the achievement maximal better filmmaking. I'm just wonder then to where all the money was spended if cgi is so crap

Dec 29, 2004
I have to completely disagree with most of the takes on this movie here and elsewhere. I personally loved it. Loved everything about it. I actually thought it ended up being far better than I was expecting it to be. There was a plot with actual depth to the characters (it was not just super beings fighting each other for the heck of it). There was motivation and purpose to what took place. I thought the comedy was hilarious, with probably a dozen laugh out loud moments. The acting was great ( Ezra Miller was great in dual roles, I dont care what anybody says). There were great emotional moments. Hearing the Batman 1989 theme, seeing Keaton back in the suit and seeing the batmobile and batplane from those movies brought chills. The easter eggs were awesome and the cameos were all brilliant.

I consider the Dark Knight trilogy and the Robert Pattinson Batman to be on different scales because they are more serious and grounded in reality. But as far as the DCEU movies, this was my favorite by a long shot. It is a shame it is not getting the recognition and boxoffice results that it deserves.
I agree with all of the above. Good Post.

I actually didn't really want to watch this, but I am a huge fan of The Flash... so begrudgingly gave it a go. In that spirit, I was completely surprised by how much I liked it. For me, it is better than almost anything Marvel has done that doesn't have Iron Man in it. Your mileage may vary.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I agree with all of the above. Good Post.

I actually didn't really want to watch this, but I am a huge fan of The Flash... so begrudgingly gave it a go. In that spirit, I was completely surprised by how much I liked it. For me, it is better than almost anything Marvel has done that doesn't have Iron Man in it. Your mileage may vary.
I just saw the Flash and I would say it was fine on its own. However, a hero should be battling a villain from their own rogues list. So that’s a big disappointment in this film.
Plus, I did watch the animated Flashpoint direct to dvd movie from DC animation and that was far superior to this movie. So, being biased as that is my base to compare this film to, this film isn’t as good as the animated one from several years ago.

Dec 29, 2004
I just saw the Flash and I would say it was fine on its own. However, a hero should be battling a villain from their own rogues list. So that’s a big disappointment in this film.
Plus, I did watch the animated Flashpoint direct to dvd movie from DC animation and that was far superior to this movie. So, being biased as that is my base to compare this film to, this film isn’t as good as the animated one from several years ago.
Fair enough.

However, I saw this differently. I kind of feel like, in the end, he was actually battling himself... He was his own worst villain in this. First by putting that chain of events into motion, second by involving a parallel self, and third the decisions that his other self made in refusing to accept the outcome (and nearly destroying all time and space) that he couldn't change until it ultimately killed him. General Zod wasn't the main villian here, Barry Allen was..

Dec 29, 2004
So, upon your recommendation, I watched The Flashpoint Paradox. It occurs to me that the first one of these that you watch might be the thing that sets the baseline, because I had the opposite reaction. :dunno:

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Finally saw this tonight. I really enjoyed it, the nostalgia with Keaton was great and I loved see him in action. The cameos were fun as well.

There are things to pick at but for a casual fan watching the old DCU and previous Batman movies, it was entertaining

The Clooney cameo was the best

Reactions: NyQuil

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I just saw it and thought it was fun.

The Spider-Man cameos kind of took a bit of the thunder out of this one, but overall it’s probably one of the top two DC films (along with Wonder Woman) (I know it’s not saying much but still).

Ezra Miller did a pretty good job differentiating the two Flashes.

Reactions: BertCorbeau

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Watched it recently as well. Pleasantly surprised how much I liked it. Even the humour hit for me, and that has definitely not been the DCEU's strong point.

archangel2

May 19, 2019
I just saw it and thought it was fun.

The Spider-Man cameos kind of took a bit of the thunder out of this one, but overall it’s probably one of the top two DC films (along with Wonder Woman) (I know it’s not saying much but still).

Ezra Miller did a pretty good job differentiating the two Flashes.
There is no arguing that Ezra can act---it is about him keeping his head on straight. I read an article a few months ago and it looked into the fact Ezra was never a normal child. He is a classically trained opera singer and did that before he turned to acting. So he has been in a bubble his entire life. He does not know what normal is

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
There is no arguing that Ezra can act---it is about him keeping his head on straight. I read an article a few months ago and it looked into the fact Ezra was never a normal child. He is a classically trained opera singer and did that before he turned to acting. So he has been in a bubble his entire life. He does not know what normal is

Well, no arguments here.

trojansoilers

May 4, 2022
Finally saw this on the plane.
It's a shame, because this movie had potential. The story was good, just very poor execution, especially the CG which was so bad that it was distracting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad