Movies: DC's The Flash (starring Ezra Miller) - June 23rd, 2023

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
It probably isn't but if not for his antics, it would be easy billion at the BO.
DC is aware which is why the marketing makes it appear that this is a Batman movie but at the end of the day I don't think very many people care about Miller's antics. Unless you're on Resetera that is.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
DC is aware which is why the marketing makes it appear that this is a Batman movie but at the end of the day I don't think very many people care about Miller's antics. Unless you're on Resetera that is.
There was a lot of Batman in the trailer. Basically equal time as the flash.

Miller always seemed like an odd choice for the character. Maybe just his vibes or the direction of the filmmaker but I don’t think Barry Allen is that timid or shy in the comics.

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don
Batman not should fly and running on the road faster than car, they completely f***ed up the very style of this character by that idiotic footage with him. But this is no matter because everything of it is utter garbage

Praetorian Caps

May 15, 2018
There was a lot of Batman in the trailer. Basically equal time as the flash.

Miller always seemed like an odd choice for the character. Maybe just his vibes or the direction of the filmmaker but I don’t think Barry Allen is that timid or shy in the comics.
To be honest I was never of fan of his Barry Allen take and thought he was annoying in the JL film.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I see what they think they were going for with this take on the character, but that's in the same way that I saw what they were trying to do with the Jesse Eisenberg Lex Luthor. That doesn't mean I accept or like what they did.

Setting aside how much of a douchecanoe Miller is, Barry Allen was possibly the least engaging part of Justice League for me. And that's saying something because I disengaged from that movie pretty early and pretty hard.

Reactions: Howe Elbows 9

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Based on the CinemaCon screening reactions, a bit lower than I expected. Kristian Harloff mentioned that there's a few scenes in the theatrical version that weren't in the CinemaCon version and that the CGI has not improved in some scenes. Seems the SpeedForce scenes are the issue for many.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Very minor spoilers....I'm Hearing the first 45 min to hour of the movie can be a bit of a slog to get through as it's nearly 100% Flash/Ezra Miller. Of course, it's his movie so you do have to expect that. The comment has more to do with him not being able to carry a blockbuster movie on his own.

Bowski

GO LEAFS GO!
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener

Based on the CinemaCon screening reactions, a bit lower than I expected. Kristian Harloff mentioned that there's a few scenes in the theatrical version that weren't in the CinemaCon version and that the CGI has not improved in some scenes. Seems the SpeedForce scenes are the issue for many.
WB/DC CGI quality issues seem to be a meme they almost want to keep perpetuating, going back to the infamous no-mustache/upper lip.
It's 2023 and shouldn't be a talking point like back in the SW prequels. Surely there are plenty of competing CGI effect studios (and even independent YouTubers) that can do a decent job.

archangel2

May 19, 2019
when the movie drops EVERYONE WILL BE TALKING ABOUT THE TWIST. I saw a preview yesterday. WOW

GoSenatorsGo

Nov 9, 2007
Saw it yesterday, absolutely fantastic film.

My favourite movie of all time Batman 1989 so this brought back great memories. Can’t wait to see it again!

AlanHUK

5-14-6-1
Nov 27, 2010
Nottingham, England
I knew WB lacked integrity, but when I didn't think they could go any lower they somehow managed to. It's such a shame DC is owned by WB because the characters DC have deserve so much better than this disgusting company

CG of Reeve who openly stated he never wanted to be Superman again, and Reeves who commited suicide is just completely completely f***ed

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I knew WB lacked integrity, but when I didn't think they could go any lower they somehow managed to. It's such a shame DC is owned by WB because the characters DC have deserve so much better than this disgusting company

CG of Reeve who openly stated he never wanted to be Superman again, and Reeves who commited suicide is just completely completely f***ed

Studied up on his Wikipedia page-eh?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad