Days till camp starts

Vickers8

13 days to camp...Sergei Nemchinov

nemchinov1_display_image.jpg

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Serge! Criminally underrated career with the Rangers.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Serge! Criminally underrated career with the Rangers.

Couldn't agree more. I'd love to see the Rangers do a night where they honored the first Russians to get their names on the cup. Nemchinov, Zubov and Karpy. Maybe it's a bobblehead? When you look at the 94 Cup Run, there really wasn't a #2 center during the playoffs. It was Mess, Nemchinov, MacT and sort of this whole in the middle filled by Kovalev sometimes. Eddie O sometimes. But really no one. They simply couldn't do that if they didn't have a guy who was as gifted and gritty as Nemchinov was. If he didn't have so much trouble finishing, he would be more remembered. He is the prototypical 3rd line center in that he could be used in so many situations and really made the guys he played with better. I'd love to see him coach the rangers one day.

And I also don't know if people realize, but Zubov was the leading regular season scorer on the entire team. He had more points than Mess, Graves and Leetch! And why they got rid of him I'll NEVER understand.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Couldn't agree more. I'd love to see the Rangers do a night where they honored the first Russians to get their names on the cup. Nemchinov, Zubov and Karpy. Maybe it's a bobblehead? When you look at the 94 Cup Run, there really wasn't a #2 center during the playoffs. It was Mess, Nemchinov, MacT and sort of this whole in the middle filled by Kovalev sometimes. Eddie O sometimes. But really no one. They simply couldn't do that if they didn't have a guy who was as gifted and gritty as Nemchinov was. If he didn't have so much trouble finishing, he would be more remembered. He is the prototypical 3rd line center in that he could be used in so many situations and really made the guys he played with better. I'd love to see him coach the rangers one day.

And I also don't know if people realize, but Zubov was the leading regular season scorer on the entire team. He had more points than Mess, Graves and Leetch! And why they got rid of him I'll NEVER understand.

First time ever (and I believe only time) a Stanley Cup winning team was led in scoring by a defenseman during the regular season.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
His lack of footspeed is overblown and he plays a good 2-way game.

yawn... hes ok.

defensively hes less engaged than he should be. hes got nice hands and some scoring ability but his d zone game needs work. his skating hurts him and creates holes in his 2 way game.

hes another in between guy who wont win you hockey games by himself. nothing wrong with that, other than we need some of those skill guys to help us score goals this season.

KreiMeARiver*

placeholder for tomorrow #12 Ed Olczyk

I'm so starved for hockey at this point that I even watched us get our ass kicked by Boston on NHLN last night.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
What? No Don Maloney? Tomorrow better be the only #11 worth mentioning from my childhood...Wilf Paiement. Was there a better choice? Am I forgetting someone?

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
When you look at the 94 Cup Run, there really wasn't a #2 center during the playoffs. It was Mess, Nemchinov, MacT and sort of this whole in the middle filled by Kovalev sometimes. Eddie O sometimes.

Kovalev only really got bumped onto the first line RW when the team needed an offensive kick. The rest of the time, that RW spot was Anderson's. Kovalev spent more time centering Matteau and Larmer than he did riding with Mess and Graves.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
yawn... hes ok.

defensively hes less engaged than he should be. hes got nice hands and some scoring ability but his d zone game needs work. his skating hurts him and creates holes in his 2 way game.

hes another in between guy who wont win you hockey games by himself. nothing wrong with that, other than we need some of those skill guys to help us score goals this season.

His name is Hrivikov. Now he's a stud aint he

Crease

Jul 12, 2004
The scuffle between Stewart and Terry Sawchuk led to Sawchuk's untimely death. Apparently a dispute over household chores or expenses. They were roommates at the time. Sawchuk took a swing at Stewart and according to who you talk to, either fell in the BBQ pit or landed awkwardly over Stewart's knee. Must have been a weird time to be a Rangers fan.

Vickers8

The scuffle between Stewart and Terry Sawchuk led to Sawchuk's untimely death. Apparently a dispute over household chores or expenses. They were roommates at the time. Sawchuk took a swing at Stewart and according to who you talk to, either fell in the BBQ pit or landed awkwardly over Stewart's knee. Must have been a weird time to be a Rangers fan.

For some reason crease, I remember him falling backwards on to a metal garden wrake, it went into his head...

Crease

Jul 12, 2004
For some reason crease, I remember him falling backwards on to a metal garden wrake, it went into his head...

Seems there are a million different stories about it. Even the eyewitnesses couldn't agree on what the fight was even about :laugh:

After the drunk scuffle, Sawchuk was taken to the hospital. Had his gallbladder removed. His liver was also badly damaged, and he never recovered from the operation. Fischler visited him at the hospital as a friend, not reporter, and noted that he was so thin and pale his hockey scars all but disappeared.

Vickers8

Seems there are a million different stories about it. Even the eyewitnesses couldn't agree on what the fight was even about :laugh:

After the drunk scuffle, Sawchuk was taken to the hospital. Had his gallbladder removed. His liver was also badly damaged, and he never recovered from the operation. Fischler visited him at the hospital as a friend, not reporter, and noted that he was so thin and pale his hockey scars all but disappeared.

Tragic, these things always involve alcohol, I believe the they lived together in Long Beach, Ron was exonerated because every eye witness was inebriated

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad