Days Gone

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Meh. Another zombie game?

There was some discussion of the game in the E3 threads. Looks like more of the same when it comes to zombie games, except these are really annoying and run fast and in herds at you.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

There was some discussion of the game in the E3 threads. Looks like more of the same when it comes to zombie games, except these are really annoying and run fast and in herds at you.

So it looks the same except it's completely different.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Needs some sort of hook beyond "hey look at all these zombies." If I wanted to deal with a horde I'd play Dead Rising. Thought it showed poorly at E3 and was surprised they devoted so much time to it.

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
Meh. Probably looks worse because of the way the guy played. I don't see the point of turning around and shooting when you're faster than them. Also, he barely looked around while moving slow. Not to mention the zombies teamed up to bust through the metal garage door thing but couldn't get into the old half broken wooden place with the power saw.

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
I'm definitely imagining that Days Gone will have a serious attempt at a narrative, something well beyond the likes of Dead Rising and Left 4 Dead, for example.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I'm definitely imagining that Days Gone will have a serious attempt at a narrative, something well beyond the likes of Dead Rising and Left 4 Dead, for example.

And it'll mean precisely **** all if it isn't fun to play.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

I'm hoping so. I want a legitimate open world zombie game(besides dying light) I want a fallout/GTA style open world but with zombies... I feel like if done right it could be extremely successful. But that's a major if.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
If you think that game looks "Totally Different" then I guess you've never played zombie or 3rd person shooter games before.
So then why play any game?

There isn't an abundance of good action zombie games. There's a bunch of ****** ones (ala Day Z) with very few good ones making the curb.

Meh.. another RPG? Meh.. another sports game? Meh.. another ANY GAME IN THE HISTORY OF LIFE.

I'm so stick and tired of this type of reply when it comes to games or movies. "Oh another superhero movie..." .. what you mean like every other genre? lol

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
So then why play any game?

There isn't an abundance of good action zombie games. There's a bunch of ****** ones (ala Day Z) with very few good ones making the curb.

Meh.. another RPG? Meh.. another sports game? Meh.. another ANY GAME IN THE HISTORY OF LIFE.

I'm so stick and tired of this type of reply when it comes to games or movies. "Oh another superhero movie..." .. what you mean like every other genre? lol

Zombie games aren't fun anymore. They were when they first came out, now..meh.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Meh another developer who thinks throwing hordes and hordes of dumb a.i. at you suddenly makes a game fun
Literally 99% of single player games are this. :laugh:

Zombie games aren't fun anymore. They were when they first came out, now..meh.
That's what I'm saying. What's new? What's new in video games at all? There's very few games that are original anymore. Same with movies. It's 2016.. everything is a rehash. There really aren't that many AAA zombie games released in the last 5 years.

It's really stupid to judge a game that barely has anything released. Uh oh, this game has a tree - it must suck!

I guess The Last of Us sucked? Oh wait...

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Literally 99% of single player games are this. :laugh:

That's what I'm saying. What's new? What's new in video games at all? There's very few games that are original anymore. Same with movies. It's 2016.. everything is a rehash. There really aren't that many AAA zombie games released in the last 5 years.

It's really stupid to judge a game that barely has anything released. Uh oh, this game has a tree - it must suck!

I guess The Last of Us sucked? Oh wait...

Nope, but that set the bar so high that everything after has ;)

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
The zombies were the worst part of The Last of Us. Game was carried completely by the Naughty Dog bump of performances and fidelity, and I'll be very surprised if the Syphon Filter people will be able to replicate either of those.

And I don't think it's fair to lump "zombie movies" and something like "superhero movies" together. Superhero movies can be a lot of things. There could be a superhero zombie movie. Zombies aren't a genre, they're an element--and an increasingly boring one that people really haven't done much with aside from "now they can move fast instead of slow."

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad