Days Gone

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I’ve been playing and it’s been good so far

Some very annoying bugs though I hope they work out, the main one I run into is certain actions trigger the game to stop playing audio.

So like you’ll hear the music for the soundtrack but no other sounds. Only way to fix it is quit the game and completely re-open from the PS4 home screen

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa

Some very annoying bugs though I hope they work out, the main one I run into is certain actions trigger the game to stop playing audio.

So like you’ll hear the music for the soundtrack but no other sounds. Only way to fix it is quit the game and completely re-open from the PS4 home screen
I have that issue. I only have Deacon's voice and the gun. No other sounds. Zombies, bike, or anything else. Even if I turn off my system.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I have that issue. I only have Deacon's voice and the gun. No other sounds. Zombies, bike, or anything else. Even if I turn off my system.

Same here, I just thought the game was eerily quiet, but have noticed it since seeing it mentioned here.

Echoing some of the other feelings, I am really enjoying the game, probably about 12-15 hours or so in, and bouncing between main storyline and side stuff like infestations and stuff, I just really don't get the hate, not it might not be a true masterpiece like The Last of Us, but it is very solid, a solid B+ thus far to me.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

I haven't had this happen to me yet about 10-12 hours in, but what are the actions that trigger this that you've noticed?

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
I haven't had this happen to me yet about 10-12 hours in, but what are the actions that trigger this that you've noticed?
I think mine was when I upgraded the exhaust on my bike to the best and most quiet one. At first I thought that it made my bike silent which was weird but it's almost everything.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I think mine was when I upgraded the exhaust on my bike to the best and most quiet one. At first I thought that it made my bike silent which was weird but it's almost everything.

Interesting...sounds like it could be an easy fix for them hopefully

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
My issue gets triggered just doing things in the game.

I’ve had it happen where if I climb through a window, it occurs. The most noticeable times it happens to me is when I’m in shooting mode on the bike. I’ve had it happen a few times with the shooting on bike so I’ve avoided using it

I haven’t tried changing the exhaust back, I’ll have to look at it

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I still need to play it. From what I've been reading, it's a lot better than what the reviews have shown and they've been constantly updating the game.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Anyone else still playing this? I picked it up on sale. No clue how it got such piss poor ratings. A super fun open world game. Unless it was awful and has vastly improved with patches?

I still need to play it. From what I've been reading, it's a lot better than what the reviews have shown and they've been constantly updating the game.

I loved it and I played it right when it came out too. Bit of a slow start but it's really enjoyable riding around the world and the story quickly becomes very interesting. Underrated game for sure

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Here comes the bump;

So I finally got around to this game, fitting time as the world is in utter turmoil... So far I love it, may be one of my favourite open world atmospheres I have ever played. I also really like the wy in which the game shows your progress through all of the different story lines, works really well for a game of this size.

I just got the map extended for the first time, I was naive and thought the opening 2 regions were all there were and was legitimately surprised and excited when the map opened up. Overall this game is amazing and you should pick it up if you originally skipped over it!

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I've heard it got way better after the patches and that it's a legit great game now. I still have my collector's edition unopened all these months later :laugh:.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I've heard it got way better after the patches and that it's a legit great game now. I still have my collector's edition unopened all these months later :laugh:.

Did the patches make the start of the game not as sluggish?

My information is not first hand, but from what I've watched on Twitch/YouTube and heard from various sources, the game starts very slow and picks up a lot later on in the game.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

I highly recommend giving it a shot. So many great things in this game that I wish copied. Plus the story is actually very intriguing.

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
This is the best game I have ever played. Cannot put it down. 12/10. It’s like the last of us on steroids.

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
This is the best game I have ever played. Cannot put it down. 12/10. It’s like the last of us on steroids.

It's definitely one of my favourites on the console! I'm hoping to go back and platinum it sooner rather than later, such a great game!

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Its free on PS+ this month

Ive just barely started, and holy shit Deacon is a damn stone cold murderer. Two missison in a row where I killed almost 20 people total between two camps just because someone saw them or told me to.

I also dont like Newts. The idea of zombie children has never sat well with me in any pop culture. Beating them with baseball bat is unsettling, thats for certain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad