Confirmed with Link: David Savard sign 4 years at 3.5M

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
No need for a solid RD? I guess we want Kulak playing 20 mins a game?
Another well aged post , Armia and now Savard . Sounds like I was right again

He's not Karl Alzner.

He's just not a player to carry a pairing, unless it's a 3rd pairing. We are using him as a #3D with Kulak and Romanov as his partners. That's not going to work.

He was on a third pair for a couple of games and nothing changed. Also you don't pay a 5-6th dman 3.5m a year for 4 years. It's like 2m too much

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
He's 3rd in dmen ice time when he should be 5th or 6th with a good skater next to him. He's playing way too much.
Exactly he's playing too much and he's paid too much.

But the problem is , Bergevin saw him as a replaceable for Weber defensively when in reality he's at Kulak level but can't skate. Atleast Kulak can skate.

Bergevin failed again in his projection. If he saw him as a patch , no way he would have signed him 4 years.

This kind of contract goes in the level as Alzner and Armia extension. It's bad bad. I would rather keep Kulak at 1.5m for a 6th dman than Savard.

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
Can't wait to see how terrible this signing will look 4 years from now as it already is, what a genius move by Marc. Guy's a grossly overpaid bottom pairing D with little to no skills playing a top 4 role but c't'un ti gars d'icitte so the ''experts'' are happy with his performance so far. It'd be a different story if his name was Dave Savage though.

Last edited:
Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Can't wait to see how terrible this signing will look 4 years from now as it already is, what a genius move by Marc. Guy's a grossly overpaid bottom pairing D with little to no skills playing a top 4 role but c't'un ti gars d'icitte so the ''experts'' are happy with his performance so far. It'd be a different story if his name was Dave Savage though.
I watched Antichambre clip last night and they said Savard ''struggled'' then directly stopped talking about him and starting saying how bad Kulak was instead.
RDS even made a stupid documentary on Savard already. Shows you how bad french canadians are overprotected in Montreal from critics.

But when Romanov makes a turnover or KK last year = AHL , can't have rookies making mistakes but the 31 year olds dman can.

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
I’m just hoping he’s is grossly out of shape and he can skate a lot better than this. Here’s to hoping. But he has been horrible. Like as bad as it gets lol

Reactions: malcb33

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Another well aged post , Armia and now Savard . Sounds like I was right again

He was on a third pair for a couple of games and nothing changed. Also you don't pay a 5-6th dman 3.5m a year for 4 years. It's like 2m too much
People hated emelin at 4 million. ...Can someone tell me what Savard brings that Emelin didn't in his last year :dunno:

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
You'd think after Alzner Bergy would learn from his mistakes...nope.
i dont want to get another warning, so wont mention it , but you know why he was signed though.
The disconnect with this management was apparent when they said he will replace weber. , like come on , do they actually watch the players play??

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Expected a lot more. Offensively he also can contribute but his overall game is off

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Savard could play sixth D on a good team that could shelter him and let him play to his strengths. He can’t play unsheltered second pairing without getting embarrassed.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Exactly he's playing too much and he's paid too much.

But the problem is , Bergevin saw him as a replaceable for Weber defensively when in reality he's at Kulak level but can't skate. Atleast Kulak can skate.

Bergevin failed again in his projection. If he saw him as a patch , no way he would have signed him 4 years.

This kind of contract goes in the level as Alzner and Armia extension. It's bad bad. I would rather keep Kulak at 1.5m for a 6th dman than Savard.
Even though he hinted at it, I don’t believe that he actually believed it for an instant, but realized there was no way he could in anyway find a Weber replacement over the course of a few weeks.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
They could have given Dano 5oo thousand more per year instead and 1 million to DeAngelo(who would have helped offensively at least).
DeAngelo only wanted to play in a US market, preferably a low key red state where he could disappear into anonymity

superstar436

Mar 4, 2004
They could have given Dano 5oo thousand more per year instead and 1 million to DeAngelo(who would have helped offensively at least).

Deangelo doesn't want to play in canada. They tried to get him from rangers right after he made those comments. He refuses to play in Canada

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Marc sees himself in some of these players, there is no other explanation.

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand

No doubt Savard has been poor so far and out of shape due to a short off-season. He is certainly not playing up to his contract right now, but I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

He spent the first 10 years of his career with the same organization, got traded at the deadline last year, played on a team with a strong identity and leadership, going to the finals and winning the cup. Now he finds himself on a new team, new systems, new coach, no team identity, less talent to lean on and is in a tailspin.

Yeah, he looks bad, but I think he is a better player than he's showing right now. At least I hope so...

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
No doubt Savard has been poor so far and out of shape due to a short off-season. He is certainly not playing up to his contract right now, but I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

He spent the first 10 years of his career with the same organization, got traded at the deadline last year, played on a team with a strong identity and leadership, going to the finals and winning the cup. Now he finds himself on a new team, new systems, new coach, no team identity, less talent to lean on and is in a tailspin.

Yeah, he looks bad, but I think he is a better player than he's showing right now. At least I hope so...

Nothing to do with the short off season. He played like crap in the scf too he was just heavily sheltered against a not so good offense so it was less apparent. He was the 6th most used dman of TB in playoffs for a reason. He was the dman Cooper trusted the less. He was the less used dman on the PK in playoffs behind Sergachev ... that should be a clue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad