Prospect Info: David Reinbacher

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I stay with Heiskanen comparable.

They utilize their long stick in defensive zone very similar.

They rush the attack very similar.

They think the game very similar aswell.

I don't see why some people don't think they are very very similar players.

For Heiskanen last year with 70 pts... his last 3-4 seasons, he don't put that type of number. (30-40 points).

He will not be surprised if Reinbacher put that type of numbers after 3-4 NHL seasons. Habs will become a better team and he have elite transition game aswell.

Reinbacher have better rookie year in Europ than Heiskanen, I don't said that he is going to reach his level, but the potential is there and they play very similar game to me.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Poor man's Nathan Beaulieu

Jokes aside, the last time we properly developed a good D we low balled him and ran him out of the city.

This organisation does not know how to develop Defencemen.

Chelios - Ran him out of town, won a Norris, was a good D for us... i always forget he was a hab once
Malakhov - Ran him out of town
Markov - Exception, din't speak english
Hainsey - He came, he left
Komisarek - After the Lucic fight... donzo.
McDonagh - We din't develop him
Tinordi - Chased him out
Beaulieu - Nate the Great

Which one of these players had a long lasting succesful career in montreal?

Markov, thats it

Last edited:

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal

Jokes aside, the last time we properly developed a good D we low balled him and ran him out of the city.

Chelios - Ran him out of town, won a Norris, was a good D for us... i always forget he was a hab once
Tinordi - Chased him out

Markov, thats it
The habs coaches and fans have overrated effort vs skill. Most of these guys were victims of incompetence, though:

Chelios - the GM was told his knees wouldn't last and he should trade him while he had value.
Malakhov - great skill, effort was questioned and he got dumped
Markov - the team actually worked through his weak defense his first few years and developed him.
Hainsey - skill, effort questioned early in his career, habs couldn't evaluate D by the late '90s.
Komisarek - great effort, low skill, vastly overrated, done after Lucic fight.
McDonagh - badly evaluated and dumped
Tinordi - overrated prior to draft, damaged by Lefebvre, league sped up and he didnt.
Bealieu - Low effort, low intelligence... He was fast, he'd fight, he needed development, he got Sly.

Habs management was mediocre or worse from the last cup, or even before that, until, possibly, the last couple of years. The habs made a litany of mistakes with most of the list other than Markov, though some would be debatable. It's possible, for example, that Hainsey would not have developed without being dumped by the habs and realizing he needed to change his attitude, but who knows? There were definitely mistakes.

It's too early in the Hughes/Gorton years to know for sure if they have botched evaluations or development yet, but so far the indications are good. Most of their prospects have done well. Reinbacher looks good, in spite of his last year with Kloten, and there is no reason to think that they will destroy him or dump him. Next year will be tough, there isn't space for everyone they would like to keep so there will be a lot of opportunities for errors, trading the wrong guy, losing the wrong guy on waivers, but there is a chance that they have broken with the incompetence that has defined habs management for 3 decades. There have been dramatic organizational changes, especially on the development side, and Reinbacher should benefit.

Reactions: HabzSauce

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I stay with Heiskanen comparable.

They utilize their long stick in defensive zone very similar.

They rush the attack very similar.

They think the game very similar aswell.

I don't see why some people don't think they are very very similar players.

For Heiskanen last year with 70 pts... his last 3-4 seasons, he don't put that type of number. (30-40 points).

He will not be surprised if Reinbacher put that type of numbers after 3-4 NHL seasons. Habs will become a better team and he have elite transition game aswell.

Reinbacher have better rookie year in Europ than Heiskanen, I don't said that he is going to reach his level, but the potential is there and they play very similar game to me.
Meaner than Heiskanen

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007

Tinordi - Chased him out

Markov, thats it

We are doing a great job with Guhle, Xhekaj, Mailloux, Harris, Struble. We’re gonna be fine with Reinbacher’s developement.

Jul 6, 2016
The habs coaches and fans have overrated effort vs skill. Most of these guys were victims of incompetence, though:

Chelios - the GM was told his knees wouldn't last and he should trade him while he had value.
Malakhov - great skill, effort was questioned and he got dumped
Markov - the team actually worked through his weak defense his first few years and developed him.
Hainsey - skill, effort questioned early in his career, habs couldn't evaluate D by the late '90s.
Komisarek - great effort, low skill, vastly overrated, done after Lucic fight.
McDonagh - badly evaluated and dumped
Tinordi - overrated prior to draft, damaged by Lefebvre, league sped up and he didnt.
Bealieu - Low effort, low intelligence... He was fast, he'd fight, he needed development, he got Sly.

Habs management was mediocre or worse from the last cup, or even before that, until, possibly, the last couple of years. The habs made a litany of mistakes with most of the list other than Markov, though some would be debatable. It's possible, for example, that Hainsey would not have developed without being dumped by the habs and realizing he needed to change his attitude, but who knows? There were definitely mistakes.

It's too early in the Hughes/Gorton years to know for sure if they have botched evaluations or development yet, but so far the indications are good. Most of their prospects have done well. Reinbacher looks good, in spite of his last year with Kloten, and there is no reason to think that they will destroy him or dump him. Next year will be tough, there isn't space for everyone they would like to keep so there will be a lot of opportunities for errors, trading the wrong guy, losing the wrong guy on waivers, but there is a chance that they have broken with the incompetence that has defined habs management for 3 decades. There have been dramatic organizational changes, especially on the development side, and Reinbacher should benefit.
Chelios « bad knees » is just a cover up for his off ice wild behaviour in MTL…...

tazsub3

May 30, 2016

Tinordi - Chased him out

Markov, thats it
Except non of the people who dealt or developed with these are still hab.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad