Confirmed with Link: David Quinn - New Rangers Coach (Officially official on 5/23)

How does your feels-o-meter rate this signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
Few thoughts.
Torts is one of the premier coaches in this league and I can't think of a better coach when it comes to making the best out of whatever roster he has.
He was dismissed because he became a tyrant.
Instead of JG firing AV, he gave him an extension instead.
I like what I'm hearing from Quinn so far but right now it's nothing more than lip service.
Is Shattenkirk the new captain now? Hope not.
Wtf is Chris Drury doing here anyway other than completing the full Boston circle jerk ?
Drury is very smart and savvy. Great ASG. Slats picked the right young guys to take over the Org. With Drury and Gorton

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
And yet they all had the same amount of front office experience when they were hired.

Dude, c'mon now.
That's usually what teams do.
They bring in HHOF alumni, not some useless bag of shit but that's JG for you lol
Why Chris Drury of all people?

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
You guys do realize I need to challenge you sometimes just as you do to me in order to keep a thread going right?
:sarcasm:

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I'm not hating man.
I've been following this team for more years than I care to admit.
I want this team to succeed just like you do but I'm not one for excuses either.
If you get down to the root of the matter, when exactly did this team start having problems?
Why is everyone so afraid of addressing that?

The roster and coach may have changed but what's been done other than that, that you have so much faith?

Just keeping it real..
When did this team start having problems?

I’m serious.

I’m 44 years old and have been a fan since I was 8...

They have ALWAYS had problems. ALWAYS!!!!

Even in 1994 they did! I remember it all.

I don’t get what ur getting at.

U wanted Messier? Leetch? Zero coaching experience. Richter? He’s a politician for Christ’s sake!!!

What did u want?

I want younger and fresh. This may turn out terribly bad but it’s new

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Dude, c'mon now.
That's usually what teams do.
They bring in HHOF alumni, not some useless bag of **** but that's JG for you lol
Why Chris Drury of all people?
This is one of the single worst things about hockey IMO.

As to ‘why Chris Drury?’ Maybe it’s because there’s plenty more to the job than we see and management thought he was more qualified to do it or even just flat out better at it than any of those guys

Reactions: haveandare

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
When did this team start having problems?

I’m serious.

I’m 44 years old and have been a fan since I was 8...

They have ALWAYS had problems. ALWAYS!!!!

Even in 1994 they did! I remember it all.

I don’t get what ur getting at.

U wanted Messier? Leetch? Zero coaching experience. Richter? He’s a politician for Christ’s sake!!!

What did u want?

I want younger and fresh. This may turn out terribly bad but it’s new

This team started having problems since the 1st round loss to the Pens and it was never addressed but that aside, why would they bring in Chris Drury of all people?
He knows shit about shit.
Graves (my fav all time NYR player) has been apart of this team all along.
Why not him?
You still haven't answered, why CD?
New doesn't always mean it's the right answer my man..

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
This is one of the single worst things about hockey IMO.

As to ‘why Chris Drury?’ Maybe it’s because there’s plenty more to the job than we see and management thought he was more qualified to do it or even just flat out better at it than any of those guys

I fall to see any benefit from having CD partially running the show.
Everyone on this board was ready to exile him onto monkey island when he was a player but now he's good enough to be AGM?
Nahh..

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
I fall to see any benefit from having CD partially running the show.
Everyone on this board was ready to exile him onto monkey island when he was a player but now he's good enough to be AGM?
Nahh..
Being a good player and being a good manager aren’t the same thing

Reactions: haveandare

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I'm not even a huge CD fan. I was meh on him as a player and don't have an opinion of him as an executive (as he hasn't really done much aside from be the key guy on a few college UDFA's.)

But its every single f***ing thread with you. It's not like you even have a single constructive and relevant criticism, it's just all of the same regurgitated nonsensical bull shit over and over again, just with different names.

Knock it off already.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
?
I'm not even a huge CD fan. I was meh on him as a player and don't have an opinion of him as an executive (as he hasn't really done much aside from be the key guy on a few college UDFA's.)

But its every single ****ing thread with you. It's not like you even have a single constructive and relevant criticism, it's just all of the same regurgitated nonsensical bull **** over and over again, just with different names.

Knock it off already.

If you aren't a fan then wtf are you even talking about?
The only thing that matters to you when it comes to threads is your obsession to put other people's opinions down.
How about you tell me what and why CD should be in the position he's in instead of talking shit for once JR

PS..This post isn't as easy to report as you love to do ;)

Last edited:

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
?

If you aren't a fan then wtf are you even talking about?
The only thing that matters to you when it comes to threads is your obsession to put other people's opinions down.
How about you tell me what and why CD should be in the position he's in instead of talking **** for once JR

PS..This post isn't as easy to report as you love to do ;)

I don't have an opinion of him as an AGM. Hes been at the position for like 2 seconds and there is really no basis to judge him on. You know, since thats what rational people do.

He certainly hasn't done anything to do be ragged on, but thats your MO with pretty much everyone.

I enjoy actual discussion here which you contribute zero to. I've never reported you once sunshine, I can't say the same for the reverse. For someone who tries to come off so tough, your skin is pretty damn thin:sarcasm:

Reactions: Bozle

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
He was literally coaching his kids before he got hired.
No joke.
How is he AGM?
Seriously?
He was hired as director of player development a year before he was promoted AGM, and his AGM duties at the time were similar to what he was already doing with some player transaction/contract negotiation stuff on top. And the last his year job expanded to be AGM of the Rangers and GM of the Wolfpack, it’s not like he hasn’t been working his way up since he got hired seemingly because they like his eye for talent/ability to help players develop (which he did as a player here)

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I don't have an opinion of him as an AGM. Hes been at the position for like 2 seconds and there is really no basis to judge him on. You know, since thats what rational people do.

He certainly hasn't done anything to do be ragged on, but thats your MO with pretty much everyone.

I enjoy actual discussion here which you contribute zero to. I've never reported you once sunshine, I can't say the same for the reverse. For someone who tries to come off so tough, your skin is pretty damn thin:sarcasm:
He's triggered

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Thought 24 was telling. Quinn mentioned that he and Drury talked regularly DURING the season 2-3 times a week. This is very telling since he wasn’t talking about an occasional, once in a blue moon phone call (that would’ve been fine too). Tells me at least two things besides the fact that Quinn was their guy for a long time.

First, this is a proof to the contrary for posters that didn’t believe that AV was not part of Gorton’s going forward plan for a long time.

Second, and somewhat related, Miller was not moved to appease AV.
Miller would have melted under Quinn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad