Confirmed with Link: David Quinn Dismissed

Status
Not open for further replies.

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
When Spooner says it its because hes "washed", when the kids say it theres some other excuse why. Spooner was one of the earlier additions to the long list of suspect usage for DQ that sowed doubt fairly quickly. This guy handed a top 6 role to Vesey/Names over the guy because they look like they try hard. Thats the thing about this season, it wasnt anything new or surprising. DQ did this type of shit from the get go and people starting noticing over time

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGortonConspiracy

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I think I want Babcock for this team. No rationale behind it. Just a hunch.

Gotta say I thought about it too. He’s one that comes with a lot of redemption qualities. I could see a lot of outcomes from him, running the gamut, including a Cup. He’s not a bad coach

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
When Spooner says it its because hes "washed", when the kids say it theres some other excuse why. Spooner was one of the earlier additions to the long list of suspect usage for DQ that sowed doubt fairly quickly. This guy handed a top 6 role to Vesey/Names over the guy because they look like they try hard. Thats the thing about this season, it wasnt anything new or surprising. DQ did this type of shit from the get go and people starting noticing over time

Spooner is a waste of talent who's trying to blame his crap effort on someone else, except his shtick has played out in Boston, and Edmonton too.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Maybe in your circle it’s fine to through it around like nothing but not in mine, sorry.

Generally it is cowardly to use words hiding behind a screen which you will never use directly facing the person, but what I know...

2508603414_ca1caf3c54_300x300.jpg

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
I'd like to ask Strome how well the "do their thing" worked against the Islanders.

Beating up on bad defensive teams doesn't prove anything.

to be fair, did Quinn have any of the answers for the Islanders with or without his top line doing their thing instead of "his thing"

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I'd like to ask Strome how well the "do their thing" worked against the Islanders.

Beating up on bad defensive teams doesn't prove anything.
Isn’t that even more damning? That Quinn had absolutely no control over his top 6 yet he kept rewarding them with ice time?

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
It's the players' job to do what the coach asks them to do.
Yea and who enforces that? When you have someone as evidently spineless as Quinn, the end result is the top 6 vets think he’s a moron and ignore him with no consequences while kids are terrified of making a mistake or stick handling on a breakaway.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Yea and who enforces that? When you have someone as evidently spineless as Quinn, the end result is the top 6 vets think he’s a moron and ignore him with no consequences while kids are terrified of making a mistake or stick handling on a breakaway.

Okay.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
It's damning for the players too.
Yep. I keep saying it, but even if Quinn isn’t a great coach, most of the responsibility falls on the players. And the front office that built the roster. I think that may even be why Quinn wasn’t fired immediately.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
it seems to me, the guy with no coaching experience at all in any way, that a coach like Trotz is demanding a lot of detail and attention out of his players. You don't play an airtight system like that without demanding your players do more than just go out there and "play hockey", so I think the idea of overcoaching in general when it comes to coaches and trying to get their teams to play within a system is maybe overblown or missing its mark. Coaches need to be able to get their guys to understand some specific details and styles of play if they want the team as a whole to play coherently. Look at all the best teams...whatever style they're playing, they're playing something that all of the players are on the same page with and playing the same way and executing precisely. They're not just going out and "playing hockey" and hoping their team is the most talented to win that that night.

On the other hand it certainly is possible that someone like Quinn wasn't going about it in the best way to coach professionals and may have focused too much on the details and not enough on enforcing the overarching plan. Beyond that I've already complained about how he was unwilling to let theh young players like kakko and lafreniere take the reigns and how that was holding them back at some point. I hope it helped them get used to the NHL pace of things and didn't slow down their development overall butwhoever is next to coach is gonna need to let those players take the reigns a bit and grow into being top players on the team

Reactions: haveandare

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Yep. I keep saying it, but even if Quinn isn’t a great coach, most of the responsibility falls on the players. And the front office that built the roster. I think that may even be why Quinn wasn’t fired immediately.
If this is the case then half of the roster is uncoachable and should be cut or traded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad