Signing(s): David Price to Red Sox (7 years/217 M)

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
I also didn't see any Jays fans burning Price's jersey.

I didn't do that either. As much as I would love to speak for all fans, I don't have that reach. Fans have been stabbed and killed/nearly beaten to death at LA/SF games. Therefore all LA/SF fans are animals. I was referring to inside this forum, not the madness of the outside world.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I didn't do that either. As much as I would love to speak for all fans, I don't have that reach. Fans have been stabbed and killed/nearly beaten to death at LA/SF games. Therefore all LA/SF fans are animals. I was referring to inside this forum, not the madness of the outside world.

Fair enough but if you were talking about just this forum....I think there are just a couple more Jays fans on here then Cards fans hockey board isn't exactly the best place to judge a baseball fanbase.

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
I think there are just a couple more Jays fans on here then Cards fans

This is an extremely fair point. I agree the sample size is skewed.

hockey board isn't exactly the best place to judge a baseball fanbase.

I disagree when it comes to this particular board. There are some great ones here that make excellent points. Much more so than I've seen on plenty of baseball-centric boards and social media groups. Certainly the team-specific ones.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Not really. We scored a lot :laugh:

Hell Hutch had 8 runs of support per game. We're the Caps from a few years ago.
Yaaaaa, no. The Caps were a good team that could make the playoffs. The Jays were a .500 team before Price despite scoring 981 more runs than the next team.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Yaaaaa, no. The Caps were a good team that could make the playoffs. The Jays were a .500 team before Price despite scoring 981 more runs than the next team.

Tulo was a bigger difference than Price.

.500 teams in hockey make the playoffs.

Jays were also a team that could make the Final 4. I think you knew my point.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Tulo was a bigger difference than Price.

.500 teams in hockey make the playoffs.

Jays were also a team that could make the Final 4. I think you knew my point.
You really think a bit of improved defense is what put the Jays over the top instead of a bonafide ace?

.500 teams in hockey make the playoffs? Since when?

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
You really think a bit of improved defense is what put the Jays over the top instead of a bonafide ace?

.500 teams in hockey make the playoffs? Since when?

A bit? So you didn't watch Reyes? You really think a player who pitched every 5 days helped them over a every day player? The difference in defence was huge.

Let me guess. You consider a team (for example) that is 41-30-11 11 games over 500. They still won half the games so yes, 500 teams do make it. But in hockey it's based off points percentage but going off winning percentage they do. It's pretty simple.

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
You're all right. The Blue Jays were super awesome without David Price and would've continued to be. What a useless trade.

Nobody said that. But look at their record after the Tulo trade and try to convince me a guy who played in 20 percent of the games was the biggest reason. He wasn't. But having an ace does help. Just not as much as every day players.

You call them a 500 team plus Price. So he was 30 games above 500?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
You're all right. The Blue Jays were super awesome without David Price and would've continued to be. What a useless trade.

Nobody said that. obviously having a bonafide ace helped, a little hard to win a WS without one. price brought great fan fare and really didn't have a and outing in the 11 games he started. But Tulo played in pretty much all of August which was the month that shot them into the top of the AL East, and it was a major boost having arguably the best SS in the MLB in your lineup everyday.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
yeah man, tulowitzki's .239/.317/.380 was truly the straw that stirred the drink.
Pretty much this. It's funny how his struggles at the plate are ignored and he's considered the saviour for the Jays, yet Price performs his ass off and gets no credit cause the Jays have a good offense. That same offense that had them on a fast track to nowhere. Who needs David Price when you have Drew Hutchison? Offense will win all the games anyways.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Nobody said that. But look at their record after the Tulo trade and try to convince me a guy who played in 20 percent of the games was the biggest reason. He wasn't. But having an ace does help. Just not as much as every day players.

You call them a 500 team plus Price. So he was 30 games above 500?
Except I didn't say Tulo didn't help at all. I don't think he helped as much as you think he did, but he helped on the defense. Didn't do a whole lot for the offense. Give me only one of Price or Tulo back and I'll take Price.

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Except I didn't say Tulo didn't help at all. I don't think he helped as much as you think he did, but he helped on the defense. Didn't do a whole lot for the offense. Give me only one of Price or Tulo back and I'll take Price.

We needed defence way more than offence. Price played 11 games. We scored 8+ in 5 and less than 4 in just 3 of them.

Yes he put us over the top. No way we win any games there..

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
We needed defence way more than offence. Price played 11 games. We scored 8+ in 5 and less than 4 in just 3 of them.

Yes he put us over the top. No way we win any games there..
Of course. The Blue Jays were .500 because Reyes played bad defense. Mhm. Not because they didn't have a SP who could consistently give them an outing where they didn't have to score 10 runs a game or anything. Nope, not at all.

It was the fear of Tulo's bat that forced pitchers to throw juicy bp fastballs to Bautista and Donaldson.
They were garbage before Tulo got there :sarcasm:

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Of course. The Blue Jays were .500 because Reyes played bad defense. Mhm. Not because they didn't have a SP who could consistently give them an outing where they didn't have to score 10 runs a game or anything. Nope, not at all.

The record didn't show it, but they were a really good team, with by FAR the best run differential in the league, prior to the trade deadline.

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton

They were garbage before Tulo got there :sarcasm:

We had a negative impactful player for a positive. Yes the guy who got 8+ runs of support in half his starts was the biggest reason :rolleyes:

You do realize Reyes single handily cost us games with his defence right?

Getting Stroman back also helped. You also make it sound like our whole pitching sucked. Did you watch Buehrle?

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
The record didn't show it, but they were a really good team, with by FAR the best run differential in the league, prior to the trade deadline.

People don't understand how those stats work and just how unlucky we were. The numbers show it.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
We had a negative impactful player for a positive. Yes the guy who got 8+ runs of support in half his starts was the biggest reason :rolleyes:

You do realize Reyes single handily cost us games with his defence right?

Getting Stroman back also helped. You also make it sound like our whole pitching sucked. Did you watch Buehrle?
But the Jays offense was the bomb. Surely an error or two that scores a run can't cost the team that bad???

If you think that rotation didn't need help, you're bordering on delusional.

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
But the Jays offense was the bomb. Surely an error or two that scores a run can't cost the team that bad???

If you think that rotation didn't need help, you're bordering on delusional.

Keep moving the goal posts. Of course they needed pitching but that's not what you were arguing. You said they made it because of Price so you must have proof to back it up. One more time, he had 8 runs of support in half his starts. That's Hutchison type run support. You also ignore Stroman coming back and fail to realize we were very unlucky when we were 500 and everyone knew we'd get hot. We'd win by 6, 7 runs then lose by 1. That won't last and that will even out.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Keep moving the goal posts. Of course they needed pitching but that's not what you were arguing. You said they made it because of Price so you must have proof to back it up. One more time, he had 8 runs of support in half his starts. That's Hutchison type run support. You also ignore Stroman coming back and fail to realize we were very unlucky when we were 500 and everyone knew we'd get hot. We'd win by 6, 7 runs then lose by 1. That won't last and that will even out.

Speaking of, to further your point - Hutchinson was something like 11-2 when the team scored 5 or more runs. Or something along the lines of that.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00