Sportsnet: David Perron & James Neal Consider Moving On from Vegas

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
After the year he had I'm not so sure neal gets more than 5 x 5 elsewhere.

I don't see how you can think that. Neal's last contract was like 6 x $5mil per year wasn't it? Since then he's consistently hit 20 goals and scored 30 once as well. If Evander Kane got what he got... there's no way Neal doesn't get a raise.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I don't see how you can think that. Neal's last contract was like 6 x $5mil per year wasn't it? Since then he's consistently hit 20 goals and scored 30 once as well. If Evander Kane got what he got... there's no way Neal doesn't get a raise.
It’s the term for Neal that should be the sticking point. Kane is 27 this year. Neal turns 31 in September. So, when Kane is done his 7 year deal he will be 34. Would be the same age as new if he were to sign for only 3 years.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
It’s the term for Neal that should be the sticking point. Kane is 27 this year. Neal turns 31 in September. So, when Kane is done his 7 year deal he will be 34. Would be the same age as new if he were to sign for only 3 years.

I don't disagree on should be, I just don't see a world where Neal doesn't get a fat contract.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I don't disagree on should be, I just don't see a world where Neal doesn't get a fat contract.
Someone will give him that. Always a desperate team out there.

But history has shown that those deals rarely work out. Ladd, eriksson, Martin, etc.

Reactions: irunthepeg

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
I have to give credit for the job McPhee did on the expansion draft. He clearly crushed it. But Vegas fans are about to find out how bad he is at balancing the short and long term plan.

Trades anything for picks at the start of the year, but then buys Tatar at a super high price. Now he's gonna let tent walk because they want term (like Tatar has).
I would let them both walk or sign just Perron. Specially Neal is not worth close to what he will get imo. He is talked about like he is close to elite when he is far from that. Still a good player though.
Perron could probably be signed for less term which i think would be smarter.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad