Confirmed with Link: David Perron (2 years @ $3.75m)

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
I'm actually glad we got Perron back for that contract he got, fun player to watch. If he truly is happy to be back in St Louis I think he tears it up this year.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
I'm actually glad we got Perron back for that contract he got, fun player to watch. If he truly is happy to be back in St Louis I think he tears it up this year.

I would be thrilled to see a 28+ goal campaign like he did a few years ago.

If Barbs gets called up and we have MPS, Perron and Barbs play together that trade will nearly come full circle.

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
If he gets on the line with Fabbri and Stasny i see 22-30 goals in his future. I actually like this signing with the idea of replacing Brouwer with a younger, cheaper, and IMO more skilled option. Also, it's a plus for him to come out and say he took less cause he likes our city so much.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Brouwer has been hovering around 40 points the last three years and Perron has done the same. Yet, Perron is worse defensively and brings no leadership. I don't care for Brouwer, but this is a lateral move at best.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
So Armstrong said that David Perron has matured? I hope that is right.

When Perron arrived here, at age 20, he was arrogant. And he seemed to resist coaching. He got mad at opponents and took offensive zone penalties to get even with them. He tried to stick-handle past four guy, as he might have done in Pee Wee hockey. These problems didn't go away as he got NHL experience.

He seemed to be bursting with talent, but couldn't find a way to channel it into stardom.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Brouwer has been hovering around 40 points the last three years and Perron has done the same. Yet, Perron is worse defensively and brings no leadership. I don't care for Brouwer, but this is a lateral move at best.

What, exactly, are you basing that assessment off of? He showed leadership in Edmonton by calling out the horrible management, which should have been done years ago, and he got traded shortly thereafter. Some might say he was in the wrong, but then you'd be forced to agree with Oilers management - a perilous thought, haha.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
What, exactly, are you basing that assessment off of? He showed leadership in Edmonton by calling out the horrible management, which should have been done years ago, and he got traded shortly thereafter. Some might say he was in the wrong, but then you'd be forced to agree with Oilers management - a perilous thought, haha.
If he does that here he will be traded.

Being rebellious doesn't mean he is a leader.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
If he does that here he will be traded.

Being rebellious doesn't mean he is a leader.

There is a huge difference between the **** show operation Edmonton was running and our organization. Perron was the only player to speak up about it, and yes, it might not have been his place to do so, but that shows leadership to me, not rebelliousness. Nonetheless, none of us know what these guys are like in the locker room and who shows leadership / who doesn't.

Last edited by a moderator:

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I was a fan of Perron when he was here and followed him after he moved on. I don't mind the signing in terms of player vs cost. I am really glad we didn't sign Brouwer. However, Perron doesn't have the skill set we need. We lost a lot of size, forecheck and net front presence. I don't see Perron bringing that.

We really need Jaskin to step up in a big way. There is not enough room for him in the top 9, but he really needs to carve a role out.

I agree. Perron is a better player than Brouwer, provided he can function with his linemates and not simply be free-styling.

But with both Backes and Brouwer leaving, there is a hole that Perron doesn't/can't fill in terms of net-front presence, tips and physical presence. I could see Jaskin as maybe taking Brouwer's spot, but that would still represent a step forward for him. Other than that, feels like the Blues have a need that isn't filled.

FirstRoundExit

Apr 26, 2015
I think it's a good move. We need to focus less on the hard nosed, defensive forwards and look to infuse some speed and skill.

If he can play the way he played in Edmonton after being traded, look out

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
I agree. Perron is a better player than Brouwer, provided he can function with his linemates and not simply be free-styling.

But with both Backes and Brouwer leaving, there is a hole that Perron doesn't/can't fill in terms of net-front presence, tips and physical presence. I could see Jaskin as maybe taking Brouwer's spot, but that would still represent a step forward for him. Other than that, feels like the Blues have a need that isn't filled.

Watch the net front presence and tip ins he shows in this video. I'd love to see him on the PP opposite Tarasenko.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1MswOxv8hu8

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Perron is a likable player all the way up til he takes a boneheaded offensive penalty. He's got silky hands, can pass in tight spots, above average speed, gritty along the boards and fights hard in front of the net. He also has a pretty good wrister if I remember right. I think this is a great signing and he can probably fit right in with Fabbri and Stastny.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Perron is a likable player all the way up til he takes a boneheaded offensive penalty. He's got silky hands, can pass in tight spots, above average speed, gritty along the boards and fights hard in front of the net. He also has a pretty good wrister if I remember right. I think this is a great signing and he can probably fit right in with Fabbri and Stastny.

Call me crazy, but I wouldn't mind seeing how he might fit in on a line with 12 and 91. If he's eager to go to the net and do some dirty work along the boards he might do a better job of creating some space for 91.

SteenMachine

Oct 19, 2008
Fenton, MO
What I remember hating about Perron is how on the PP he would get the puck and then stick handle for 15 seconds until he turned it over.

Can't be worse than us playing shuffleboard at the blue line until a forward gets sick of it and knocks it out of the zone. Although I do agree, it was almost comical watching him run himself into the boards or the side of the net in such a predictable fashion.

bluetuned

Mar 1, 2013
Chicago
I'm ok with this signing. He's a pretty solid middle 6 winger, can play both sides, brings some spunk, etc. The term is short, the price is cheap. The only thing he lacks relative to Brouwer is the physical game, but Perron isn't afraid to get into the thick of things at least. He definitely has better hands and raw skill than Brouwer.

That being said... it's sort of comical how we got here... trading Oshie for Brouwer, letting Brouwer walk, and then re-signing David Freaking Perron to take his spot. If you had asked anybody at the time... Oshie or Perron, it would have gone 99-1 in favor of Oshie. I guess what I'm saying is... thank god for Fabbri.

zachws6

Nov 8, 2010
STL
I'm absolutely ok with the signing. Someone mentioned how he has disappearing acts for stretches. Well so does Tank unfortunately, but Perron is a hell of a lot cheaper, so it's ok to me.
Finish the season as a + player with 20 goals, then heck yea. I think we have got to get Oshie back and have the kid line reunited. Jeez Berglund is slow. :laugh:

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
What is D'agostini saying nowadays? Could use him to get through the next couple years til Barbashev is ready. Brad Boyes maybe?

If D'agostini signed with Pitt they could trade us him+Cole for Tarasenko

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad