Confirmed with Link: David Perron (2 years @ $3.75m)

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011

There is generic GM speak, and then there is "We view him as player that can play in top 9" :laugh:

Apitheous

Mar 2, 2014
I hated to see Perron go, but then I see how he was easily replaced. Can't understand the resigning. :shakehead

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I hated to see Perron go, but then I see how he was easily replaced. Can't understand the resigning. :shakehead

Will they also sign Stempniak, and NOT trade Shattenkirk? And they'll move Steen to centre? I'm not happy at all, with what's happened. And i had a lot of hope before all the player movement started.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
There is generic GM speak, and then there is "We view him as player that can play in top 9" :laugh:

He starts to spin it as a good move, and then finishes it to set meh expectations. He's one of the worst used car salesmen around.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I was a fan of Perron when he was here and followed him after he moved on. I don't mind the signing in terms of player vs cost. I am really glad we didn't sign Brouwer. However, Perron doesn't have the skill set we need. We lost a lot of size, forecheck and net front presence. I don't see Perron bringing that.

We really need Jaskin to step up in a big way. There is not enough room for him in the top 9, but he really needs to carve a role out.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
ofcourse hes excited to be back, he just got paid 7 million.

the problem with perron was always his Houdini disappearing act he did for like 15 games at a time. he needs to play on our 3rd line with quality PP minutes to have the best chance at succeeding here. hes better than brouwer because perron was always willing to go to dirty areas to score too and he has more skill.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I think I'd rather have Perron than Brouwer. So that's nice.

I look forward to Pierre saying "Peh-rohn."

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
He starts to spin it as a good move, and then finishes it to set meh expectations. He's one of the worst used car salesmen around.

16rfyv.jpg

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
In honor of the return of Perron, I must post the most disgusting goal I've ever seen in person. I know it was Streit is a garbage Dman, but he's still in the NHL and Perron ****ing turnstyled him so bad :laugh:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Over/under 20 goals?

Really depends on the role he's given. If he plays most of the year in Brouwer's spot with Fabbri and Stastny and plays on the 2nd unit PP like Brouwer did, I think 20 goals is certainly attainable.

If he's bounced around the lineup and playing with Berglund and Steen, he doesn't have a chance in hell of reaching 20.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Would rather have Boedker for 4x4

I think everyone would, but the reports made it pretty clear that Boedker left money and term on the table to sign with San Jose. If those reports are true, he never really was an option no matter how much Army tried to get him(which I don't know if he really tried or not. He did say there were no more top 9 forwards available when Boedker was still out there, so either he knew he was signing in San Jose or doesn't have a very high opinion of him. I would guess the former because he called Perron a top 9 forward, and Boedker is a significantly better player.)

bluemandan

Ya Ma Goo!
Mar 18, 2008
I like it.

Perron averages about 48 points per 82 games over his career. He's been a positive possession player over the course of his career, both by corsi and fenwick. He just turned 28, and has only missed 16 games over the last three seasons.

This is a good signing for the middle six forward group, and one of the more sane signings today.

Not to mention that Perron is likely expansion draft bait next season anyway. He already qualifies since he played more than 70 games last season. The Blues can only protect so many players.

All for only $1.05M more than Steve Ott was making?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad