Confirmed with Link: David Perron (2 years @ $3.75m)

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I prefer this than signing Brouwer.

Certainly not ideal...

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
hit+your+head+against+the+wall.gif

Same old same old for this pitiful franchise. Even worse than Lehtera contract.

Chojin

Tiny Panger...
Apr 6, 2011
I don't mind having Perron back, but we honestly just should have kept Oshie, as he only would have cost $425k more and is a far superior player.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I don't mind having Perron back, but we honestly just should have kept Oshie, as he only would have cost $425k more and is a far superior player.

Seriously, we dumped Oshie to have a year of Brouwer and a year of Perron.

PitchDoug

Nov 27, 2011
Sounds like I'll be in the minority, but I'm good with this. Perron brings a physical element with some skill. Seems like a value to me, assuming he has indeed matured over the years.

Now if this (and Sobotka) is all the DA offseason brings ... we are weaker

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I've always liked Perron but he's not the answer for the Blues. Better than Brouwer though I guess.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
People are going to freak out, and to be honest, I'm not fully sure why other than the fact that we once traded him (which isn't a big deal).

David Perron is a better player than Brouwer and will only be making 3.75M, which I can likely guarantee will be less than Brouwer.

He can play both the right and left wing. Has some skill, and plays a feisty game.

I'm surprised at it, but someone tell me: why is this so terrible?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
hit+your+head+against+the+wall.gif

Same old same old for this pitiful franchise. Even worse than Lehtera contract.

This is not even close to as bad as the Lehtera contract. He's making 1.2M less and could easily outproduce him.

I'd much rather do this than sign Brouwer.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Brouwer - 4 years, 4.5M. 31 years old (will be 35 at the end) - averages about 40 points a season

Perron - 2 years, 3.75M. 28 years old (will be 30 at the end) - averages about 50 points a season

I mean...... That's a win. Point blank.

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
Fabbri Staz Jaskin
STL
Bergie Sobotka Perron
Upshall Brodz Reaver
?

Seems like the best combo for now, I guess. Not too bad, let's see what happens with Schwartz contract and Shattenkirk, and more importantly: Is Sobotka returning or not

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
perron was always good at drawing penalties. all the blues fans who had perron jerseys will be happy.

brouwer was never gonna come back, especially after his playoff run. the key thing now is to get backes and sobotka signed, as well as a long term deal with schwartz.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
perron was always good at drawing penalties. all the blues fans who had perron jerseys will be happy.

brouwer was never gonna come back, especially after his playoff run. the key thing now is to get backes and sobotka signed, as well as a long term deal with schwartz.
Backes is already a Bruin...

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Brouwer - 4 years, 4.5M. 31 years old (will be 35 at the end) - averages about 40 points a season

Perron - 2 years, 3.75M. 28 years old (will be 30 at the end) - averages about 50 points a season

I mean...... That's a win. Point blank.

Perron is also more versatile as he's comfortable on either wing. I think the reaction in this thread stems from the frustration everyone has about the Shattenkirk situation. Objectively, this contract is fine and Perron is a decent player. 3.75M for a 2nd/3rd line winger is perfectly reasonable. MUCH better than the deal Brouwer struck with the Flames.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Perron is a decent player and I like him over Brouwer. My only thing is that this does not look like an "all in" approach at all. I would have thought bringing Hitch back would have meant spend to the cap and give us a good shot at winning a cup. This looks like more of a re-tool. The UFA's that are left as upgrades are quickly disappearing already and it looks like Backes is going to Boston and Brouwer is going to Calgary (not in stone yet, but he is currently building his retirement home there). We will definitely not be anywhere near as good this year. This looks like they are setting Yeo up to be able to come in and clean the old core out. They should just go ahead and trade Shatty now for picks.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Perron Fabbri and Stastny's RW? Ehh, He does have a better finish than Brouwer from what I remember. Still think he would be better on the 3rd line tho.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
what the...?

Perron? really?

uh...ok, I guess. Just odd. And completely unexpected.
At least we can trade him to Edmonton next year for Yakupov and a 2nd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad