Player Discussion David Pastrnak

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Without 2 1st lines, I think we see a little dip in his numbers.

Most teams: Just shutdown Pastrnak

Bruins: Losing depth of Hall, Bertuzzi, Bergeron, (likely Krejci), and even a rejuvenated Foligno hurts.
Bruins gain twilight aged Lucic, Morgan Geekie, and JVR coming off his statistically worse season since the shortened lockout season... that's a lot of talent out and a gap of what came back.

Bruins still have Marchand, Debrusk, and Zacha, but outside of that... a lot of question marks.

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
hell score 60+ again, Zacha will have 70/80 points with 50/60 helpers playing PP1
Without Bergeron on the Bumper and with JVR and Shattenkirk on PP1 we may see some powerplay dynamic changes we haven't had for a while

Reactions: Dellstrom

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
hell score 60+ again, Zacha will have 70/80 points with 50/60 helpers playing PP1
Without Bergeron on the Bumper and with JVR and Shattenkirk on PP1 we may see some powerplay dynamic changes we haven't had for a while
Definitely think 50 is the floor for him no matter what center he plays with… especially if Marchand is on his wing. Pasta played really well on that Zacha-Krejci line and I’m not worried about his production at all. I think people underestimate how much of a game breaker Pasta really is.

I’m more so worried about having a black hole of a 2nd line again.

Reactions: bergeronsboys

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
I'm going to bold and say Pastrnak sacrifices goal scoring to get more assists, considering how excellent he's become as a facilitator of the puck and the chemistry he has with Marchand. That said...he's still gonna get...48-49 goals? So still...over.

Reactions: GahdenRinkRat

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Without 2 1st lines, I think we see a little dip in his numbers.

Most teams: Just shutdown Pastrnak

Bruins: Losing depth of Hall, Bertuzzi, Bergeron, (likely Krejci), and even a rejuvenated Foligno hurts.
Bruins gain twilight aged Lucic, Morgan Geekie, and JVR coming off his statistically worse season since the shortened lockout season... that's a lot of talent out and a gap of what came back.

Bruins still have Marchand, Debrusk, and Zacha, but outside of that... a lot of question marks.

More worried about the third line losing Coyle and Hall than the top 6 producing.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
More worried about the third line losing Coyle and Hall than the top 6 producing.
I mean, that's also something concerning as well.

We lost a lot of skill that pushed our depth down a slot.

Taylor Hall was on our third line. That in of itself was how stacked the team was.

TooMuchMan

Sep 29, 2010
Deep Space Nine
I feel his floor right now in a healthy 75+ game season is 38-40… and his ceiling with the current lineup is 56-62. My prediction is 53.

I think he was already getting overplayed by defenses last season and it just didn’t matter. The only full-season offensive stalwart they lost is Bergy so I honestly feel if they solve the bumper problem on pp1, he’ll challenge for the Richard again.

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I feel his floor right now in a healthy 75+ game season is 38-40… and his ceiling with the current lineup is 56-62. My prediction is 53.

I think he was already getting overplayed by defenses last season and it just didn’t matter. The only full-season offensive stalwart they lost is Bergy so I honestly feel if they solve the bumper problem on pp1, he’ll challenge for the Richard again.

They don't need a bumper to have an effective PP. They liked using it because Bergeron was one of the best with getting his shot off quickly and with accuracy.

So like how they started featuring the bumper as one of the PP setups because they had the player to do it, so now they have to cater the PP to what they have in-house. That's a healthy dose of one timers from Pasta, giving McAvoy the green light to move and create off the rush into the zone, fly patterns with DeBrusk, give and goes with Zacha in the low slot, using some of their players with size ( Coyle, Looch, Geekie ) around the net. I wouldn't be surprised to see the return of the backdoor play they used with Soderberg and Reilly Smith.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Baby Freya Ivy Pastrnak's christening.
1693756733183.png

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
B's fans, Neutral fan coming here to say what an electric player this guy is. And the goal scoring? Finding a Rocket winner and one of the best goal scorers in the NHL for the last 5 years at 25th overall? Diamond in the rough there guys

Amazing talent and ambassador for modern Czech hockey. Formed one of the most dominant lines in hockey too and I don't think that's up for any debate! He'd definitely be the first player I'd get on a Bruins jersey

Tonight, was that slap pass on the Coyle goal intentional? He's so good that I have a hard time thinking it wasn't. Timing and precision make him so dangerous every time he touches the puck

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad