Value of: David Pastrnak

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Yeah in deals like this it comes down to "what's the point?". These star players only get dealt if something is "wrong" (Thornton, Seguin, Karlsson, etc). "Wrong" could be their contract status or a team just deciding they are not the right guy or whatever, but those aren't for fair value. A fair value trade of stars is so rare. Subban and Weber is the only semi-recent one I can think of.

Specifically in this deal... I mean Hughes and McAvoy/Carlo would be really fun. But then you are letting Krug walk. And you downgrade from Pasta to Boeser. And what is the point?

And again, assuming Krug is destined to walk...we add a little something for his inclusion and...neither team is far from where they started.

Jones and Johansen seemed pretty close at the time, but that was bidding star players, not formally recognized stars.

And if Pasta was available for pieces, Vancouver would have to be all over it, but then again...why does Boston do this? There doesn't seem to be a realistic scenario between these teams that benefits both sides. At best we are looking at the a tweak for no discernable reason.

Reactions: wintersej

Muikea Bulju

Oct 11, 2018
:laugh: There isn't a single asset in the league worth Dahlin + 2 1sts, including McDavid.

Your valuation of Dahlin is way, way, way too high

I'd say 99% of the members on HfBoards would not trade away McDavid if someone offered them Dahlin + 2 first rounders. Not even Buffalo fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad