Player Discussion David Pastrnak X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
It has looked to me like the other teams are keying on Marchand and him and letting Cave sleep. With Bergeron, they had to spread their focus to all three.

BobbyAwe

Nov 21, 2006
South Carolina
Pasta's top end speed isn't anything special at all. Someone mentioned on here that he does have exceptional lateral agility. Couple this with B+ speed and amazing handles, he's just a very elite dangler, with a shot that's improving every single year.

Marchand is similar in this, he's not a blazer, but his ability to turn and protect the puck is just incredible.

Pasta and Rick Middleton (in the spotlight recently) are very comparable to me. Pasta has a better slap shot (that enables him to score from farther out) but Middleton was better defensively. Interesting that you and some others mention Pasta's top end speed may not be all that great, because even though 2 of Middleton's nicknames ("Rick the Quick" and "Wheels") seem to indicate great skating speed, Rick himself said that he wasn't overly fast, but SHIFTY.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
It's more like Marchand and Pasta are trying to dangle everyone instead of moving their feet and passing the puck.
I don't know if they just think they have to do it themselves... I mean, their Centers aren't exactly top notch with the puck on their stick. Maybe if they had Krejci they'd probably trust his offensive instincts more?

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I don't know if they just think they have to do it themselves... I mean, their Centers aren't exactly top notch with the puck on their stick. Maybe if they had Krejci they'd probably trust his offensive instincts more?

Cassidy stuck Krejci between them in Florida and it wasn't any better. Small sample size, but it looks like they are trying to single-handedly make up for all the injuries or something.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
It's more like Marchand and Pasta are trying to dangle everyone instead of moving their feet and passing the puck.

Marchand especially.

I remember Gretzky always talked about how dangling isn’t what makes a great player or team. No one can move quicker
than the puck. It’s all about quick, hard passes and keeping your feet moving.

A dangle here and there is great, but Marshy especially can get into those modes where he just wants to try to take on everyone by himself. And it pretty much always ends the same way: a turnover.

Meanwhile, Bergy is the quick pass king.

Reactions: Ned Bouhalassa

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Marchand especially.

I remember Gretzky always talked about how dangling isn’t what makes a great player or team. No one can move quicker
than the puck. It’s all about quick, hard passes and keeping your feet moving.

A dangle here and there is great, but Marshy especially can get into those modes where he just wants to try to take on everyone by himself. And it pretty much always ends the same way: a turnover.

Meanwhile, Bergy is the quick pass king.

In defense of Marchand sometimes his dangle is the only play. He is one of the few players in the league, who can be a magician with the puck. You don't want to take that away from him. He's actually a very good passer and sometimes forces his passes a little too much more than anything.

Marchand is the least of the Bruins worries, he can make something out of nothing and does so often.

As the greatest player of all time said.

th

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Now all he has to do is start scoring on his breakaways, he's missed his past 5.

Still pacing for over 50 goals and 100+ points.

Phenomenal player.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Great to hear he acquired first on that goals total; it's pretty cool

But also congrats to him for winning the NHL Shooting Accuracy skill! Doesn't mean much, but I think it's awesome that Pasta did it in just eleven-ish seconds while it took the next guy, Palmieri, eight seconds longer in second place to do it

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Great to hear he acquired first on that goals total; it's pretty cool

But also congrats to him for winning the NHL Shooting Accuracy skill! Doesn't mean much, but I think it's awesome that Pasta did it in just eleven-ish seconds while it took the next guy, Palmieri, eight seconds longer in second place to do it

Not gonna lie, did not expect him to win that.

Was quite a delightful surprise.

Reactions: HockeyMomx2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad