Player Discussion David Pastrnak X

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrannigansLaw

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
As a Leafs fan I just wanted to let you all know what a gem you have in David Pastrnak. It's so rare to find a young player with his skills with such humility. I can relate to David's story of growing up without all the advantages that most NHL families have to offer. I wish there were more player's like David in the league these days; the fact that he's so content with the modest salary he receives given his talent relative to other players makes me respect him so much. You guys are truly lucky and I wish him all the success in the world

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Anybody else feel that it is getting too late in the year to consider playing Pasta with Krejci when he returns? I put him back with Bergeron and assuming Johansson will be healthy it isn’t necessary anyway .

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I could have never imagined Pasta hitting people like that

1st time I have seen him use his speed to leverage hits in this fashion....beauty on Tavares

Also amazing behind the back, spin around pass to Marchand

Reactions: Lady Rhian

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
They are really after him and the Hobbit. I wish we had Miller .

I wish Butch would move him off that line and make adjustments.

Your top line is invisible so far, you need to adjust some things and get Pasta away from the Muzzin.

I miss Miller too but he’s not the difference maker we need right now.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Can anyone refer him to a great surgeon? One that specializes in removing heads from asses?

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
He'll be fine. Goal scorers are streaky almost by definition. He could've had like 5 assists if someone converted on one of those PP slap passes.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Right now he's both injured and going through a period of unluckiness in terms of his shots not going in.

Shooting at 6.9% compared to his 16.2% during the regular season. Realistically he should have 2-3 more goals given his talent.

This bodes well for us as eventually some shots are bound to find their way in the net normalizing his shooting percentage.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
I think it all has to do with the broken finger. His shot, passes, and stick handling abilities are well below where they were pre-injury.

He has the high end IQ and quickness to still be effective, but without the stick skills, he is just not the same player.

I haven't seen the media report on this, which is strange.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I think it all has to do with the broken finger. His shot, passes, and stick handling abilities are well below where they were pre-injury.

He has the high end IQ and quickness to still be effective, but without the stick skills, he is just not the same player.

I haven't seen the media report on this, which is strange.

It wasn't a brain injury though. His decision making is just terrible in these playoffs. He has always been prone to a few dodgy turnovers, but he is really outdoing himself right now.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
It wasn't a brain injury though. His decision making is just terrible in these playoffs. He has always been prone to a few dodgy turnovers, but he is really outdoing himself right now.

For a guy with elite hands to suddenly have shoddy hands, don't you think that would impact his mental game as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad