David Pastrnak: Forgotten Star?

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Hayes and Nash and the usual plugs, like last night at the end of the game when Bruins were trailing. It's the Bruins way. Doesn't matter if you play like a bum or like a star, everyone gets an equal amount of opportunities.

Well that's flat out dumb. You have a guy tied for the league lead in goals and he can't even get PP time, imagine if he was...lol.

Honestly, I always thought Pastrnak was more of a playmaker than a scorer(for some reason), but I was obviously wrong.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
I hate cheering goals against my Avs but that one-timer last night was so dirty I needed a wash

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
He has nowhere near the amount of hype as Ekblad, Nylander, Draisaitl, Bennett, Reinhart, Ehlers

Hmm i honestly have heard about him as much as these guys.. Also ive been in alot of different hockey pools past couple years and GMs have wanted Pastrnak just as much/more than some of these guys. I had him in one of my pools and the amount of offers i got for the guy has been insane past couple years haha

I guess its just due to living in different areas for who hears about hype with certain player?? Who kbows!!

Anyways, such a good player!!

BsEuphoria

The Future
Sep 21, 2013
I would much rather him stay right under the radar, although I know he really isn't form the teams across the league stand point.

And I have to admit, it annoys me to all hell he isn't on PP1.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Im not scout but he looked so good that he was worth the risk of taking him early despite his injury. I was really surprised to see Vrana go 12 spots ahead of him, Pastrnak was clearly the better player.

My 2 knocks on him in his draft year were his strength and skating but he's turned those into some of his best assets.

Rumour has it he is the reason the B's were trying to move up at least 10 spots in that draft, he was their first choice for first pick from the start and really didn't think he'd hang around long enough for them to grab at 25. It didn't happen and they lucked out with him still sitting there at 25 and the rest is history in the progress of being made....

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I would much rather him stay right under the radar, although I know he really isn't form the teams across the league stand point.

And I have to admit, it annoys me to all hell he isn't on PP1.

Claude is more worried about not getting scored on shorthanded than he is scoring a PP goal.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Hayes and Nash and the usual plugs, like last night at the end of the game when Bruins were trailing. It's the Bruins way. Doesn't matter if you play like a bum or like a star, everyone gets an equal amount of opportunities.

This is flat out untrue. Pasta was on the ice for 2 minutes with all the Bruins top players to end the game, they didn't score for those 2 minutes so Claude put out fresher players for the last 30 seconds.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
This is flat out untrue. Pasta was on the ice for 2 minutes with all the Bruins top players to end the game, they didn't score for those 2 minutes so Claude put out fresher players for the last 30 seconds.

Stop posting facts, people don't want facts, they rather make s$$t up:yo:

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
Rumour has it he is the reason the B's were trying to move up at least 10 spots in that draft, he was their first choice for first pick from the start and really didn't think he'd hang around long enough for them to grab at 25. It didn't happen and they lucked out with him still sitting there at 25 and the rest is history in the progress of being made....
On Behind the B during the draft Chiarelli was drooling over Pasta and talked about moving up to grab him but he was assured he would be there are 25 so he gambled that he'd be there and it paid off. So happy we have Pasta. He's been absolutely phenomenal.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Be curious to see if the Bruins try to push for a bridge deal or go all out long term.

Do you sign him short term and see if this is just a really good season or not and risk paying him a couple million more later?

Or do you risk signing him long term at around $5.5-6Mbut risk him slowing down and only being a 2nd line player?

I would go long term 5.5-6.

Daishi

Apr 12, 2010
Wasn't untrue at all. Check Pasta's overall ice time. Check his PP time. And why again is Hayes and Nash chosen as the fresh legs to end the game? Guys who project to score about 10 more goals during their entire career? It's the same as giving up.

Pasta is tied for league lead in goals and he'd have ~5 more if Clode didn't overuse his plugs, which was the entire point of this discussion.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
It's a pretty nice hometown discount if he settles for that. If he keeps up his pace he'll command 7.5 after this year.

I think we should have all learned to not do this after so many bridge contracts have come in significantly lower than expected. Hamilton was getting $7.5, Kucherov, Trouba and Lindholm were getting $6+each. Contracts at top of the market prices are not really happening for players with 3 and 4 more years of RFA status.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
It's a pretty nice hometown discount if he settles for that. If he keeps up his pace he'll command 7.5 after this year.

Well, yes if he scores 60 goals (he is on pace for 64, but missed 5 games. So that makes his pace = 60 goals in 77 games), it's going to be very pricey. But that's a pipe dream, IMO. Ain't gonna happen.

If he scores 35-40, besides all the other contracts signed around the league that would say that he would not get even close to 7.5, there's also the example of Marchand. A proven performer that on top of that was on the first line for Canada at the World Cup, signed long term for just over 6 after posting a 37 goals season.
All this tells me that if Pasta gets 35-40 and the deal is long term (5 or 6 years), I say it gets done around 5.75 per.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
On Behind the B during the draft Chiarelli was drooling over Pasta and talked about moving up to grab him but he was assured he would be there are 25 so he gambled that he'd be there and it paid off. So happy we have Pasta. He's been absolutely phenomenal.

Somehow that episode has vanished from the internet but they were very, very keen on Pasta. Here's a story from draft day when Chia said they had thought about moving up: https://www.nhl.com/bruins/news/czech-david-pastrnak-proud-to-be-drafted-by-boston/c-30255

That looks like it will be a really good draft for the Bruins all around.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Right after his rookie season I was paying pretty close to him because we played Boston to start the next season on the road I think it was. I remember him looking a lot like Krejci out there with the puck on his stick, he looked very poised and confident and drove the play. Then he got injured and I kind of forgot about him. Really glad he's doing well even if he's missed time this season again, Boston kind of needed him to be a difference maker out there after losing Lucic, Iggy, and Dougie while waiting for the next line of draft hopefuls to fill in the holes. I think he's definitely been underrated though when it comes to that 2014 draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad