Player Discussion David Krejci- VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Happy for Krech. He was down on his game quite a bit before the additions got here, now it seems like he’s back to vintage Krejci.

It’s amazing how different this team is when the second like is actually a legitimate threat. Makes things easier for the top line not having to be relied on to score every night. And especially the Coyle line where Ritchie and Debrusk can now slot back into where they probably belong.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
So great to see him having fun again. Such an insanely critical part of the team who has been under appreciated for so long.

See what happens when you don’t put garbage on both of his wings? No one in the league has consistently done more with less than he has. He’s had NOTHING since 2013.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Krejci needs to be resigned / age has not slowed him down one bit. He could be had at a discount. He's so under-rated and under-appreciated by NHL fans.
Krejci has played better, but let's not put the cart before the horse. He is still a good player, but Hall is more of a driving force on the second line. Unless Krejci signs on a short term for less money, the prudent move would be to let Krejci walk and re-sign Hall and build the second line around him.

Reactions: wintersej

Root

Feb 22, 2010
He is one of the best 2C in the league.

So skilled.

Even made Ritchie look like a NHLer.

I agree on Krejci but weird shot at Ritchie.

Fun fact time...

Nick Ritchie this season is on 38 point pace
Nick Ritchie last season was at a 36 point pace
Nick Ritchie two seasons ago was at a 43 point pace

So maybe Nick Ritchie just is what he is with or without Krejci? He's obviously not a guy that can drive a line himself but put him with some skilled guys and he'll produce far more than the young guys the Bruins have tried to integrate into the lineup (Kuhlman, Senyshyn, etc.).

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Krejci has played better, but let's not put the cart before the horse. He is still a good player, but Hall is more of a driving force on the second line. Unless Krejci signs on a short term for less money, the prudent move would be to let Krejci walk and re-sign Hall and build the second line around him.

hall wasnt lighting it up in buffalo before joining Krejcis line. Krejci is essential

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I agree on Krejci but weird shot at Ritchie.

Fun fact time...

Nick Ritchie this season is on 38 point pace
Nick Ritchie last season was at a 36 point pace
Nick Ritchie two seasons ago was at a 43 point pace

So maybe Nick Ritchie just is what he is with or without Krejci? He's obviously not a guy that can drive a line himself but put him with some skilled guys and he'll produce far more than the young guys the Bruins have tried to integrate into the lineup (Kuhlman, Senyshyn, etc.).

Most of Ritchie's points came at the start of the season standing in front of a net during pp. The pp hasn't looked so good lately. Not sure Krejci had any influence on Ritchie's point totals as the 5 on 5 2nd line was horrid all year.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
Most of Ritchie's points came at the start of the season standing in front of a net during pp. The pp hasn't looked so good lately. Not sure Krejci had any influence on Ritchie's point totals as the 5 on 5 2nd line was horrid all year.

I don't know if this was meant to be a response to what I said because you're not responding to my points but okay...

Has Ritchie benefitted from playing on the PP? Obviously yes. But since his hot start on the PP his even strength scoring has come around a bit. He has more even strength points than any forward not in the top 6. Ritchie is what he is, far from a perfect player but I don't get why people put themselves in a pretzel to discredit him. He's been about a 40 point player the last few seasons with or without the Bruins powerplay.

Reactions: inactive user

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
He's going to have some good leverage for his next contract. Apparently Florida wants him.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
David is starting to pick up his game, let's hop it continues and the B's continue to roll.
No David always looks good. He is a three zone centre. Wins face offs. Creates offence. Slows the play down when ever he wants. Has an underrated shot he doesn’t use enough. Not his fault he hasn’t had wingers who can score 30+ a year until now. U can see his vision is elite. It’s never slipped IMO. Numbers slow when his wingers don’t score. Playmaking two way centre. That’s what krecji is.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Krejci on a 60 point pace

easy call for Donny

If Krejci wants to keep playing in NHL and specifically here I’m going 2/12

not slowing down at all

I am right there with you, but I think he gets more on the open market. Years and $

Not sure what the Bruins cap crunch will be, but I assume they'll need money in a couple years. Ideally, Krejci signs here right up until that cap crunch is at the doorstep (which may very well be the 2 years you suggest).

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I am right there with you, but I think he gets more on the open market. Years and $

Not sure what the Bruins cap crunch will be, but I assume they'll need money in a couple years. Ideally, Krejci signs here right up until that cap crunch is at the doorstep (which may very well be the 2 years you suggest).

should have been extended already. anything can happen in FA such as Hall could get paid and a team with star wingers wants to add Krejci

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
should have been extended already. anything can happen in FA such as Hall could get paid and a team with star wingers wants to add Krejci

i like to think a verbal agreement has been made, and he signs as soon as the expansion draft finishes up. Same goes for Hall.

i also recognize that means the player is assuming just about ALL of the risk

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
He is one of the best 2C in the league.

So skilled.

Even made Ritchie look like a NHLer.

I think this understates the fact that Ritchie also seemed to finally commit himself to his conditioning and came into camp ready to go. I'm not arguing that him playing with DK hasn't helped him produce this season, but so did getting a lot of time earlier in the season on the top PP unit. Either way, I think the biggest factor is the change in his conditioning, skating, and being far more fit.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
i like to think a verbal agreement has been made, and he signs as soon as the expansion draft finishes up. Same goes for Hall.

i also recognize that means the player is assuming just about ALL of the risk

So much this. Just a verbal that they execute on after the expansion draft and after they've protected their guys they want to protect, since those guys are technically free agents and don't have to be protected.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

They have an exclusive rights period before they reach UFA status, and I'm sure they'll be aware of other team's interest in them by that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad