Player Discussion David Krejci V

Status
Not open for further replies.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Which cup contender do you think will trade for him. Could easily end up seeing krejci in another final. Boston hasnt found a replacement for krejci in a decade. The loss of krejci will hurt.
If they plan to replace in-house moving Coyle up in his spot, bring up Stud for 3C.

But, they will probably sign or trade for a replacement 2c/3c and let them and Coyle play for the spot.

It will hurt all around; locker room/power play/5on5.

bruinsfan

Aug 2, 2005
Unless Sweeney has a plan this summer to get him a legit top 6 winger, they are better off dealing him at the draft, moving Coyle up, and getting Studnicka into the lineup. They can shore up the roster with missing next deadline with the Krejci money.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
If they plan to replace in-house moving Coyle up in his spot, bring up Stud for 3C.

But, they will probably sign or trade for a replacement 2c/3c and let them and Coyle play for the spot.

It will hurt all around; locker room/power play/5on5.

Ya until they hit on another center they should tell Krejci to get on the TB12 diet and play as long as possible. The easier they make his job by surrounding him with talent the longer he can go. If they deal him this offseason I think Krejci would ask to be moved to a team which compliments his game the best

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Which cup contender do you think will trade for him. Could easily end up seeing krejci in another final. Boston hasnt found a replacement for krejci in a decade. The loss of krejci will hurt.

He has a M-NTC he not going anywheres is my bet.When he has had enough he probably heads back to Czech Republic.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

I don't think it will.

You have Coyle who for me brings more to the table than Krejci does already and Studnicka is waiting in the wings. As a good GM you need to know when to cut ties with certain players and this off season imo is that time for Krejci. He's still good enough where you can get a decent return and he'll be replaceable in the Bruins line-up by means of FA or the farm.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I don't think it will.

You have Coyle who for me brings more to the table than Krejci does already and Studnicka is waiting in the wings. As a good GM you need to know when to cut ties with certain players and this off season imo is that time for Krejci. He's still good enough where you can get a decent return and he'll be replaceable in the Bruins line-up by means of FA or the farm.

Coyle and Stud can fill I'm sure but I think you need a legit 2C to contend. Going with Stud would tell me we are in rebuild mode. Would Bergeron be ok with that at his age?

Reactions: BMC

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Ya until they hit on another center they should tell Krejci to get on the TB12 diet and play as long as possible. The easier they make his job by surrounding him with talent the longer he can go. If they deal him this offseason I think Krejci would ask to be moved to a team which compliments his game the best
Haha that would be ideal but I don’t see Krejci as a guy who will do anything to play forever, I could be wrong.

That’s why I feel cutting the cord and trading him while he still holds value would be best in the long run.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Haha that would be ideal but I don’t see Krejci as a guy who will do anything to play forever, I could be wrong.

That’s why I feel cutting the cord and trading him while he still holds value would be best in the long run.

He has a modified no trade clause.To what teams does he control that and what are their needs? Might be harder then you think to trade him .

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
It's been mentioned a few times that Krejci wants to go home to play in the Czech league. I think that's been taken a bit out of context. It's from an interview from four years ago that he did with WEEI when he was asked about Datsyuk going home to Russia.

My reading of it is that he'd like to finish his career back home, but only after he's no longer capable of playing in the NHL. It's entirely possible he signs a short-term deal, and then leaves. He also said this four years ago, so we have no idea if his feelings have changed.

Krejci also has has a no trade clause for half the teams in the league, so if they wanted to trade him, he's got control. Whatever they do, I don't expect them to sign him before the expansion draft. That would likely require including him on their protection list. Even if Seattle gets their own special negotiating period with him, I doubt he agrees to go there. He'll have made $70 million in his career by the end of next year, I doubt money will be a deciding factor. The contract is going to be a 35+ one, so that will affect what kind of offers he gets.

great post

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Coyle and Stud can fill I'm sure but I think you need a legit 2C to contend. Going with Stud would tell me we are in rebuild mode. Would Bergeron be ok with that at his age?

Coyle is better than most 2Cs around the league and Stud projects as a 1B type center. That situation isn't happening for another 18 months there is no way DK doesn't play out his deal. DK also might slow down and a year from now we are OK with him walking.

Real question is what happens when age starts to catch up with Bergeron. I think Bergy being the same age and also having dealt with a lot is a big reason why DK won't get another deal come summer 2021. Probably one or the other after that. Unless DK wants to go year to year.

DK if he doesn't decline might also be able to get a raise from another club on a short term deal. If we can only offer him 3 years @ 5/6 mil per why wouldn't he take 2 years at 8 per on the market? If he wants term he'll get it elsewhere someone might give him 5 years where we only offer 3 and the AAV is the same.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Coyle is better than most 2Cs around the league and Stud projects as a 1B type center. That situation isn't happening for another 18 months there is no way DK doesn't play out his deal. DK also might slow down and a year from now we are OK with him walking.

Real question is what happens when age starts to catch up with Bergeron. I think Bergy being the same age and also having dealt with a lot is a big reason why DK won't get another deal come summer 2021. Probably one or the other after that. Unless DK wants to go year to year.

DK if he doesn't decline might also be able to get a raise from another club on a short term deal. If we can only offer him 3 years @ 5/6 mil per why wouldn't he take 2 years at 8 per on the market? If he wants term he'll get it elsewhere someone might give him 5 years where we only offer 3 and the AAV is the same.

I think its more what Smitty said.Money will not be a factor with him having already made 70 million.I think he retires a Bruin myself but that is just me speculating.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

I really don't see moving Krejci as being a sign of a rebuild, more of imo a sign of staying competitive today and tomorrow.

I think you as an organization need to stay on top of the present and the future at all times, and by dealing Krejci that is exactly what Sweeney would be doing.

Your going to get Value back and your going to get younger with Studnick jumping up, and I don't feel dealing Krejci will limit their chances and on top of that it'll make them a better team in the long run.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trizz617 and LSCII

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
He has a modified no trade clause.To what teams does he control that and what are their needs? Might be harder then you think to trade him .
A contender with lack of 2c/3c? Assuming he waives it for an equal or better chance at a cup.

Or maybe to spend a few years in Florida or California before retirement.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
A contender with lack of 2c/3c? Assuming he waives it for an equal or better chance at a cup.

Or maybe to spend a few years in Florida or California before retirement.

I figure him the type to put family first and if he is uprooting them its to go back home.Nothing wrong with California though :D:thumbu:

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I really don't see moving Krejci as being a sign of a rebuild, more of imo a sign of staying competitive today and tomorrow.

I think a you as an organization need to stay on top of the present and the future at all times, and by dealing Krejci that is exactly what Sweeney would be doing.

Your going to get Value back and your going to get younger with Studnick jumping up, and I don't feel dealing Krejci will limit their chances and on top of that it'll make them better in the long run.

Have to see if Studnika can handle full season of a grueling NHL schedule before I'd give him that much responsibility. If it's a rebuild sure go ahead as you can live with the good and bad. Centers can take a while. Kokaniemi had a good start for MTL and is now in Laval. Lots of ups and down. Coyle is a good 3C but as a night to night 2C i don't see it.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Contract ended up being perfect. 2 more playoff runs is ideal.

Who'da thunk that Chia would've gotten that one right? :laugh:

But i'm ok with hanging onto him, unless a serious trade offer comes a'calling. He's still got ability to make plays - I would definitely consider reserving him for third line duty, however. It also depends on how Studnicka looks coming out of camp, too. But to me Krejci's struggling with better matchups on older knees and hips, with a left winger who isn't exactly a fit for him, and a revolving door on the other side. You can blame Sweeney for failing for the RW, but it's on Krejci for not being able to elevate his game to compensate at times, too.

As long as Studnicka and Frederic keep developing well I see no rush to cut David, but I certainly wouldn't resign him after this contract is done. He has to know Sweeney isn't going to do that. He's a center with a playing style that was better off in the 2000's; now the league is getting faster, and Krejci's style is no longer as serviceable as it was before. That's detrimental to his game as well as his linemates'

If they must keep him another year - and I think they will - assuming Studnicka doesn't force his way onto the roster, I think you have to make Coyle the second line center with Debrusk. Ritchie and Krejci can play with Bjork or Kase, whichever makes more sense to play on the third line (or even Kuhlman, as worst case scenario), but this would limit his minutes, which might help keep his legs fresh.

I don't think it's coincidence that, even after his injury early in the season, a lot of Krejci's points came before the all-star break. He had fresh legs.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Have to see if Studnika can handle full season of a grueling NHL schedule before I'd give him that much responsibility. If it's a rebuild sure go ahead as you can live with the good and bad. Centers can take a while. Kokaniemi had a good start for MTL and is now in Laval. Lots of ups and down. Coyle is a good 3C but as a night to night 2C i don't see it.

Sure, I get your point on Studnicka, but on Coyle I don't see it that way. He's a beast and imo can more than fill the 2nd line center role. Actually I think he's a better all around player today than Krejci is,but we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.:)

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Sure, I get your point on Studnicka, but on Coyle I don't see it that way. He's a beast and imo can more than fill the 2nd line center role. Actually I think he's a better all around player today than Krejci is,but we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.:)
Coyle’s our longest contracted forward at the moment. Don’t know how I feel about that, actually.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Interesting to see some people talking about moving on from Krejci after this year. I was labeled a hater for suggesting they move him after last year to fix their cap issues, when his value was at an all time high. At this point though, I'd just ride it out and keep him around. They got out from under the Backes deal, so that and the money they saved on the differential between Heinen/Ritchie's contracts, coupled with possibly moving on from Moore frees up enough money to not have to do anything drastic with a guy like DK.

Reactions: Krupp and Dr Hook

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Interesting to see some people talking about moving on from Krejci after this year. I was labeled a hater for suggesting they move him after last year to fix their cap issues, when his value was at an all time high. At this point though, I'd just ride it out and keep him around. They got out from under the Backes deal, so that and the money they saved on the differential between Heinen/Ritchie's contracts, coupled with possibly moving on from Moore frees up enough money to not have to do anything drastic with a guy like DK.
Maybe the real question is if Krejci will want to stick around - he could be a first line center on half the teams in the league and play with 1st line wings and get paid on a longer term deal than Boston might be able to do.

Reactions: LSCII and KrejciMVP

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

If the Kase experiment doesn't work out and they falter in the playoffs, I think you'll hear more of deal Krejci while he has value. That's why I said this could be their last year of the cup window and it's too bad they didnt load up

Reactions: LSCII
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad